The Sisters at Sonisphere - 8th-10th July 2011

Gig reviews, set lists, thoughts, comments and observations on the 2010 Sisters dates and the 2011 30th Anniversary tour
Locked
Drenchrom
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth
Posts: 508
Joined: 09 May 2005, 18:21

lachert wrote:i understand that this one was so s**t, that we don't need to talk about it :lol:
We had fun as Lex said. Setlist? I was too busy avoiding flying elbows to get my pad and pencil out. Not enough smoke mind, if i can still see Ben i'm not happy. I bet Chris wished there was more smoke when some old boiler got here bits out and waved them at him. Trust me, it wasn't nice.

Matt..
User avatar
lex3000
Amphetamine Filth
Posts: 155
Joined: 29 Jun 2002, 01:00
Location: London

mh wrote:A lot of folks are there for the full event and might not have easy internet access I reckon. Others might be still zonked from the journeys (there and back).
An iPhone does make doing the three days a lot easier for reporting back. As does having a propensity to use it all the time, like me!

There were still a lot of Sisters t-shirts on show today. A friend told me her friends hadn't been able to get in last night because the tent was so full. I was in the same tent tonight for The Answer and it was about only one-third full in comparison.
Manchester - Bristol - Leeds - Nottingham - Maastricht - Suikerrock - M'era Luna - Benidorm
User avatar
Andrew S
Slight Overbomber
Posts: 1804
Joined: 05 May 2002, 01:00
Location: Glasgow

Drenchrom wrote:I bet Chris wished there was more smoke when some old boiler got here bits out and waved them at him. Trust me, it wasn't nice.
I didn't see that :lol: But I did see Zeno standing on shoulders during Lucretia, which is a sight in itself - no need for a 3-tier pyramid there! For me, the gig wasn't a stormer. Eldritch seemed distracted at the start, although things did pick up throughout and by This Corrosion, the crowd was on much better form. Setlist was very similar to Glasgow, although Rain From Heaven wasn't played.

Sisters aside, I felt the festival itself was a real letdown. I think we must have wasted a good hour simply trying to find out where to get our accessibility wristbands. None of the stewards seemed to know and not many cared. After being sent to various locations over quite a large area, we ended up back where we started. Absolutely no need for this lack of information - is it really too much to make sure stewards are properly briefed before the event? Also, the attitude of door stewards was dire. A bar but no toilet provision at the blue tent resulted in people needing to leave the tent for a pee and then being refused back in! I appreciate the need for crowd control but it could have been handled far better and more fairly. And, apart from once on the Friday, I didn't see any toilets being emptied at any point, so by last night, the sites looked in a disgusting state. So I don't think I'll be going back to Sonisphere anytime soon.

Roll on Crammerrock - at least the Balgians seem to know how to stage a good festival - and empty the bogs!
RIP Dale: 1994 - 2009
User avatar
Sita
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth
Posts: 894
Joined: 29 Jan 2010, 15:45

Drenchrom wrote:Not enough smoke mind, if i can still see Ben i'm not happy.
:lol: Aww! Ben is cute! Don't be mean on him! ;)
I bet Chris wished there was more smoke when some old boiler got here bits out and waved them at him. Trust me, it wasn't nice.
It's bad enough when seeing woodstock footage :urff:
User avatar
lachert
Overbomber
Posts: 3142
Joined: 30 Jul 2002, 01:00
Location: is it a womb or is it a tomb?

Drenchrom wrote:I bet Chris wished there was more smoke when some old boiler got here bits out and waved them at him. Trust me, it wasn't nice.
i know few guys who will pay for that :lol:
long live rock'n'roll
User avatar
Maisey
Slight Overbomber
Posts: 1870
Joined: 28 Jun 2006, 20:19
Location: Moving like a Parallelogram

Drugs have worn off. Still in a very good mood.

Knebworth liked pyramids it seems.
Nationalise the f**king lot.
User avatar
Maisey
Slight Overbomber
Posts: 1870
Joined: 28 Jun 2006, 20:19
Location: Moving like a Parallelogram

Very "rock" set list.
Nationalise the f**king lot.
User avatar
Being645
Above the Chemist
Posts: 12687
Joined: 09 Apr 2009, 12:54
Location: reconstruction status: 76,8%

... any chance of a complete setlist?
User avatar
paul
Overbomber
Posts: 3205
Joined: 02 Apr 2002, 01:00

Andrew S wrote: Roll on Crammerrock - at least the Balgians seem to know how to stage a good festival - and empty the bogs!
:lol:
Depprocksfarfar
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth
Posts: 302
Joined: 07 Apr 2005, 18:16

User avatar
dinky daisy
Slight Overbomber
Posts: 1023
Joined: 08 Apr 2006, 14:25
Location: amsterdamned

they actually played... but that clip sounds mediocre.
guns & cars & accidents
Drenchrom
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth
Posts: 508
Joined: 09 May 2005, 18:21

dinky daisy wrote:they actually played... but that clip sounds mediocre.
You tube clips usually do.
Drenchrom
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth
Posts: 508
Joined: 09 May 2005, 18:21

Sita wrote:
Drenchrom wrote:Not enough smoke mind, if i can still see Ben i'm not happy.
:lol: Aww! Ben is cute! Don't be mean on him! ;)

To be honest if i can see the band then i know there isn't enough smoke, Ben is a good guy, still not convinced about the rock vest though.

Matt..
Drenchrom
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth
Posts: 508
Joined: 09 May 2005, 18:21

Drenchrom wrote:
dinky daisy wrote:they actually played... but that clip sounds mediocre.
You tube clips usually do.

Saying that, after watching it it's pretty good. Nice one Scardy.

Matt..
User avatar
Eggi1
Amphetamine Filth
Posts: 221
Joined: 21 Mar 2006, 00:37
Location: Zurich
Contact:

setlist:

Afterhours
Ribbons
Train / Det. Boulevard
Crash and Burn
A Rock and a Hard Place
Amphetamine Logic
Arms
Dominion / Mother Russia
Summer
More
Will I Dream?
Alice
Anaconda
Lucretia
Vision Thing
Pipeline
Temple of Love
---------------------------------------------
Something Fast
First & Last & Always
This Corrosion

73:49 min
229 GIGS
34 COUNTRIES
over 150.000 MILES

and i want more ...
Wrocław
Antwerpen
Liège
Den Haag
Groningen
Nijmegen
Maastricht
Saarbrücken
Winterthur
Ciampino
Milano
User avatar
Being645
Above the Chemist
Posts: 12687
Joined: 09 Apr 2009, 12:54
Location: reconstruction status: 76,8%

Klasse ... thanks a lot ... :notworthy: ...
Depprocksfarfar
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth
Posts: 302
Joined: 07 Apr 2005, 18:16

User avatar
Maisey
Slight Overbomber
Posts: 1870
Joined: 28 Jun 2006, 20:19
Location: Moving like a Parallelogram

I missed the whole of Something Fast due to a slight case of having Zeno's foot on my head :lol:
Nationalise the f**king lot.
User avatar
Obviousman
Outside the Simian Flock
Posts: 7102
Joined: 22 Aug 2004, 12:14
Location: Soon over Babaluma
Contact:

Umph! Made it home last night but unpacked and went to bed and then to work today so only got to log on again now.

All in all, excellent times, a Sisters gig at a birthday definitely is a good idea :D Damn fine to catch up with all of you again too, even though I was surprised how low the festival was on Sisters shirts and familiar faces!

As pointed out by several others, the organisation left quite a bit to be desired and made life a bit harder. Expensive drinking too, I seem to have spent more than I have in Barcelona, Pukkelpop or other three day festivals in two days with actually having the feeling of having bought less drinks/food :| Luckily the gig was a right stormer and totally made up for everything! Excellent mosh fun, with lots of other people joining in too and it definitely was nice to see them at eye level again too. Thanks for that guys 8)

See you at Crammerrock and thanks again :D :notworthy:
Styles are a lie.

My Facebook/My Flickr
User avatar
lex3000
Amphetamine Filth
Posts: 155
Joined: 29 Jun 2002, 01:00
Location: London

Maisey wrote:I missed the whole of Something Fast due to a slight case of having Zeno's foot on my head :lol:
I know the feeling, I had the other foot on my shoulder. He needs to buy a pair soft sole shoes!
Manchester - Bristol - Leeds - Nottingham - Maastricht - Suikerrock - M'era Luna - Benidorm
User avatar
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator
Posts: 16058
Joined: 25 Jan 2002, 00:00
Location: Lurking and fixing
Contact:

lex3000 wrote:
Maisey wrote:I missed the whole of Something Fast due to a slight case of having Zeno's foot on my head :lol:
I know the feeling, I had the other foot on my shoulder. He needs to buy a pair soft sole shoes!
he's european - i'm surprised he doesn't already own some ;D
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
User avatar
Obviousman
Outside the Simian Flock
Posts: 7102
Joined: 22 Aug 2004, 12:14
Location: Soon over Babaluma
Contact:

Quiff Boy wrote:
lex3000 wrote:
Maisey wrote:I missed the whole of Something Fast due to a slight case of having Zeno's foot on my head :lol:
I know the feeling, I had the other foot on my shoulder. He needs to buy a pair soft sole shoes!
he's european - i'm surprised he doesn't already own some ;D
Ah, I'll have to get other gig shoes as there's strips of leather hanging from these :lol:

Thanks for going through the pain though, guys!
Styles are a lie.

My Facebook/My Flickr
NewFan
Road Kill
Posts: 3
Joined: 11 Jul 2011, 18:20

Hello All,

I've just got back from Sonisphere and have experienced The Sisters of Mercy for the first time. I loved them, definitely one of my highlights of the weekend and the first band I looked up when I got back to download some tracks / footage and read up on them. I can't belive they've been going so long and I've been oblivious too them.

I thought the spectacle, sound and atmosphere was fantastic, thoroughly enjoyed it.

Thanks for posting the setlist above as this gives me a starting point, but where would you experts point a new fan wanting to get into The Sisters of Mercy.

Thanks,
Ryan
User avatar
MadameButterfly
Mad Mental Bat
Posts: 6652
Joined: 12 Jul 2005, 09:29
Location: in my own galaxy

NewFan wrote:but where would you experts point a new fan wanting to get into The Sisters of Mercy.

Thanks,
Ryan
welcome newfan! *thinks* and *points to this forum*. most things can be found right here so enjoy! :D
here we go again....
User avatar
radiojamaica
Overbomber
Posts: 4852
Joined: 11 Apr 2005, 16:51
Location: Tower of Bass

NewFan wrote:Hello All,

I've just got back from Sonisphere and have experienced The Sisters of Mercy for the first time. I loved them, definitely one of my highlights of the weekend and the first band I looked up when I got back to download some tracks / footage and read up on them. I can't belive they've been going so long and I've been oblivious too them.

I thought the spectacle, sound and atmosphere was fantastic, thoroughly enjoyed it.

Thanks for posting the setlist above as this gives me a starting point, but where would you experts point a new fan wanting to get into The Sisters of Mercy.

Thanks,
Ryan
Welcome to the madhouse :D
in dub we trust
Locked