London - Roundhouse - November 2011

Gig reviews, set lists, thoughts, comments and observations on the 2010 Sisters dates and the 2011 30th Anniversary tour
The Fat One
Road Kill

I thought this would be the last time to see the Girls especially after I walked out of the Forum after three songs but last night they blew my f*cking socks off!
As expected most of the crowd were wearing black last night and could be termed as (GASP!) g*ths but being an old bastard who saw them a lot when they wore hats and had hair on the heads I think the Girls have evolved into a different beast entirely now. It was difficult to equate the different versions of the band. Sure there was smoke and Alice (without the strangled cat yelp at the end) and more smoke but last night they could easily have been a Pontin's covers band and bore hardly any relationship to the 80's version of the Sisters...... and I don't mean that as an insult because they are truly a great rock group now. They played like they wanted to play rather than they had to, even Von..... during Pipeline he went stage right (his left) and was bending down chatting,laughing with someone and when he stood up he started "frugging" (thumbs in belt loops, waggle elbows alternately) along to the song with a fag in his mouth and a huge grin. Prince of Darkness my arse!
Last night put the Sisters into perspective for me, I can go see them now without drawing parallels with the Mk.1 version.... a bit late in the game but better late than never. Also the venue has a great sound now, roll on Killing Joke next year! I'll be back.
Black_Dahlia
Elegantly Wasted

The Fat One wrote: They played like they wanted to play rather than they had to, even Von..... during Pipeline he went stage right (his left) and was bending down chatting,laughing with someone and when he stood up he started "frugging" (thumbs in belt loops, waggle elbows alternately) along to the song with a fag in his mouth and a huge grin. Prince of Darkness my arse!
I saw that - he was right in front of us. *grabs other half* "I saw him smile!". Made you feel warm inside it did 8)
Hell is other people.
ruffers
Overbomber

godgirl wrote:
markreed wrote:I've seen some awful gigs by The Girls (Astoria 2006, anyone?).

This? Best I've seen since the NEC in 1992.
Seriously, surely one day they will be forgiven that Astoria gig!

:roll:

:D
:D :D
Not by me, although last night went some small way to making up for it.
Best I've seen them for a long time, and I never thought I'd hear von sing like that again.
Chucking another log on, reversing the polarity of the neutron flow
Almiche V
Slight Overbomber

Sounds like a top gig and will try and see them if they play at the RH again. Thanks for the links, pics and videos.
To not know and to ask a question is a moment of embarrassment; to not know and not ask is a lifetime of shame.
DocSommer
Slight Overbomber

Sita wrote:
centurionofprix wrote:
robertzombie wrote:I really hope a good looking/sounding bootleg comes out of this gig!
This person seems to have one: http://www.youtube.com/user/BeautifulBoots

Pipeline, Neverland and a bit of Flood 2 are uploaded. F**k!! The performance sounds perfect. Good video too.
Looks good, but I simply hate when people profit on the work of someone else, no way I'm gonna support that.
I've mailed this guy for a HD/raw version. If I can get this for a reasonable price I'd share it of course. If the price turns out unreasonable or just some DVD version I can't use for processing I'll reject the offer anyways.
Sita
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

I know you make some brilliant recordings yourself, and you do not make a profit from it.
结庐在人境,而无车马喧。问君何能尔?心远地自偏。
DocSommer
Slight Overbomber

Yeah and that's the difference between a bootleger and a taper. I only accept candy and drinks as donations^^
godgirl
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

unholyracket wrote:Roundhouse was as good a performance as I have seen in recent years. I particulary liked the venue, sound was great and Nurse's booth looked fab. The FALAA stuff does sound very different, but fits with what the Sisters are now. They actually looked like they were enjoying it.
Reports tell me they DID enjoy it!

:D
"When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle. Then I realised God doesn't work that way, so I stole one and prayed for forgiveness"
Doktor Gott

Teh setlist:

Just to clear up any Amphetamine Logic doubts...

:roll:
I give you the finger but you want the whole hand...
------------------------------------------------------

http://www.pbase.com/gottdammerung/galleries
godgirl

I think for me the only sad thing is the reduction in post album songs in the setlist. I miss (some) of them!

If they felt obliged to include more FALAA, they could've brought back SKOS!

:lol:
"When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle. Then I realised God doesn't work that way, so I stole one and prayed for forgiveness"
markreed
Amphetamine Filth

Dr. Moody

What a great night, really enjoyed it, possibly the best London sisters show I've seen. Definitely my favourite this year. Setlist choices aside last night was about as good as it gets from the current incarnation. Volume and sound perfect, so many of the songs sounded great.

Thanks to Zeno for dragging me into the moshpit and to Koen and Andrew S for the massive hangover. Big hello to all the usual crew, see ya soonly.

;D :notworthy: :kiss:
ribbons69
Slight Overbomber

pikkrong wrote:oh dear, oh dear, Gromit...
these people break my heart...

by the way -
Maisey wrote:Loads of cool new merch too.

- could anyone name the new stuff or give any pics?
Proper pics of the new shirts and hoody tomorrow. :wink:
"I've seen Andrew Eldritch in an ice hockey shirt onstage, and I've given him the benefit of the doubt"
Tom G Warrior of Celtic Frost

we fall to rise
il duce
Amphetamine Filth

godgirl wrote:I think for me the only sad thing is the reduction in post album songs in the setlist. I miss (some) of them!
I agree, I think the show sounds great, but I am sick and tired of Train/Detonation, and I really miss Still.
And any fool knows a dog needs a home
A shelter from pigs on the wing
markreed
Amphetamine Filth

Bugger. Those pictures arent showing. I'll have to tell Flickr off.
silentNate

Bitterly disappointed that they didn't end with Top night Out... I was getting used to it as a tradition :(
I had a face on the mirror
I had a hand on the gun
I had a place in the sun and a ticket to Syria
Sita

markreed wrote:Bugger. Those pictures arent showing. I'll have to tell Flickr off.
Yeah, they ask me to log in :cry: Maybe you just need to make them public somewhere?
markreed
Amphetamine Filth

I'm phucking about with the settings...

update : IT's some kind of redonkulous bug in their architecture which I'll have to report. http://www.flickr.com/help/forum/en-us/ ... 099600894/
Last edited by markreed on 14 Nov 2011, 21:51, edited 1 time in total.
godgirl

il duce wrote:
godgirl wrote:I think for me the only sad thing is the reduction in post album songs in the setlist. I miss (some) of them!
I agree, I think the show sounds great, but I am sick and tired of Train/Detonation, and I really miss Still.

YOU MISS STILL?!!!! :eek:

Anyway, if one song could/should be dropped occasionally, I'll vote for Flood II. It really gets old after 100+ times!

:cry:
markreed
Amphetamine Filth

Who was the girl who wanted "Driven Like The Snow"? I was half tempted to interrupt and point they did actually do about 10 seconds of it once.
Debaser
Overbomber

SomeKindOfStranger wrote:forgot to mention, they sold out of L and XL hoodies by the time I squeezed my way to the stand.
Husek wrote:So... no Amphetamine Logic at this time?
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: That's really tickled me :lol: :lol: :lol:

Glad the majority of you had a fabulous time
Five cups of coffee just to be myself...when I'd rather be somebody else
Dr. Moody

Glad Anaconda got the boot too. :wink: :roll:
Badass
Amphetamine Filth

Great gig indeed. Sound was great and one could actually hear :von: sing.. :D The Roundhouse is a great venue. Nice to be able to go out and have a smoke with your old speckled hen, too!
This is not revenche, this is punishment
markreed
Amphetamine Filth

I've put a review, and some pictures here : http://www.thefinalword.co.uk/content/view/1028/35/

"Entertainment or Death".
Mav787
One life, all I need

Very nice review.

I was at NEC in '92 and at Wembley '90 and I'd always felt Wembley was better. Wembley in '90 was amazing. I remember going down to London and everywhere you went there were people in Sisters t-shirts. It had been a long 5 years....

To be honest before you mentioned it I'd never looked back at NEC in '92 as one of their best. And that's before we talk about the Black October tour.

But that's what makes it so much fun following this band, everyone has their own opinion :D