Oslo, Norway - 2011-11-16

Gig reviews, set lists, thoughts, comments and observations on the 2010 Sisters dates and the 2011 30th Anniversary tour
despair
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

Tickets will be available Saturday, May 14 10:00. Subscribers of the newsletter from www.rockefeller.no (the venue) can get tickets from Friday 09:00. Tickets will be available online at www.billettservice.no
lachert
Overbomber

"black november"? :eek:
long live rock'n'roll
despair

So it seems, guess more dates are just around the corner.
TheBoyNextDoor
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Yeah. :notworthy:
Being645
Above the Chemist

lachert wrote:"black november"? :eek:
Sisters XXX ... ;D ...
despair

Looks like tickets are now available to everyone:
http://www.billettservice.no/event/THE- ... er/ORF1611
Mothra

Very tempted by this, having always wanted to visit Scandinavia. Have heard scary stories of the price of eating and drinking out and the like though. Anyone got any idea how much a beer costs in Oslo on average (priorities right!)
_emma_
Overbomber

Last time they played there (2008? 2009? can't remember :oops: ) one very small beer after the gig was about 8-9 EUR. One very small coffee at the train station was 4 EUR. :urff: Beautiful country though, and the gig was good. :)
lachert
Overbomber

_emma_ wrote:Last time they played there one very small beer after the gig was about 8-9 EUR.
pure madness :eek: :eek: :eek:
long live rock'n'roll
Drsisters

lachert wrote:
_emma_ wrote:Last time they played there one very small beer after the gig was about 8-9 EUR.
pure madness :eek: :eek: :eek:
What to expect from the Oil Maffia that not even is a part of EU..
Andrew Eldritch Dour Festival 1997: Yeah, We take any request... As much as we ever do.
_emma_
Overbomber

But then one goes to Romania where one big beer in a rather posh cafe at a beautiful market square costs 1.80 EUR, so a Sisters' fan's pocket can regain its balance. :D
doulfe
Amphetamine Filth

_emma_ wrote:But then one goes to Romania where one big beer in a rather posh cafe at a beautiful market square costs 1.80 EUR, so a Sisters' fan's pocket can regain its balance. :D
:eek:
That must have been a very posh cafe.

:lol: :lol:
It's a small world and it smells funny Image
itnAklipse
Slight Overbomber

Drsisters wrote:What to expect from the Oil Maffia that not even is a part of EU..
Hahaha! What a joke.
we've got beer and we've got fuel
Sita

This is really really OT, and I don't want to get into politics here, but Norway is so expensive not because it's mafia, but because it is a super welfare state, and because everyone there earns decent money. So in order to keep such a state running, taxes are high, that's why prices are high. At least that's what my Norwegian friend explained me. Anyway, I'll see for myself soon :D
despair

Sita wrote:Norway is so expensive not because it's mafia, but because it is a super welfare state, and because everyone there earns decent money.
Spot on, Norway isn't expensive for people who actually earn their money here. In fact, we have the highest living standard in the world. The decision to not apply for EU membership came after a referendum, and had nothing to do with mafia whatsoever. I voted no myself and would do the same again.
Sita

Oh cool, you are Norwegian? Any tips for Oslo or Bergen?
Yeah the EU, a megalomaniac ideological project in "best" 20th century tradition :roll:
Drsisters

despair wrote:
Sita wrote:Norway is so expensive not because it's mafia, but because it is a super welfare state, and because everyone there earns decent money.
Spot on, Norway isn't expensive for people who actually earn their money here. In fact, we have the highest living standard in the world. The decision to not apply for EU membership came after a referendum, and had nothing to do with mafia whatsoever. I voted no myself and would do the same again.
Off topic a bit.. If it isnt expensive in Norway, why is 90% of all customers in our Swedish goverment owned liqour shops Norwegians on a Friday ? :lol: :lol:

joke aside, you must be the first Norwegian I heard that is not complaining over the prices in Norway compared to Sweden..

Enough ranting.. back on topic...
Andrew Eldritch Dour Festival 1997: Yeah, We take any request... As much as we ever do.
despair

Sita wrote:Oh cool, you are Norwegian? Any tips for Oslo or Bergen?
Possibly for Oslo as I live here, but what kind of tips?
Drsisters wrote:Off topic a bit.. If it isnt expensive in Norway, why is 90% of all customers in our Swedish goverment owned liqour shops Norwegians on a Friday ? :lol: :lol:
The answer is obvious. Here's another question with an obvious answer: Why do thousands of Swedes come to Oslo to work here, often taking the lower paid jobs?
joke aside, you must be the first Norwegian I heard that is not complaining over the prices in Norway compared to Sweden..

Unlike most Norwegians I am aware of how spoiled I am (not that anyone was comparing Norway and Sweden to begin with).
Sita

Well, I will go to Oslo with my Norwegian friend in July, and she has lived there, but she's been away a few years now. We both like not-so-mainstream music (not Burzum kind of stuff though, I'm afraid :urff:) and, you know, just nice places. I don't know what you Norwegians do in the evenings :D
despair

Sita wrote:I don't know what you Norwegians do in the evenings :D
Neither do I :lol:

Oslo is very boring IMO, normally I only go out if there is an interesting concert, or to visit the excellent metal pub Unholy. Oh, and on Sundays there is free pinball at Tilt (which is located in the same building as the concert venue).
cats_n_cheese
Road Kill

Mothra wrote:Very tempted by this, having always wanted to visit Scandinavia. Have heard scary stories of the price of eating and drinking out and the like though. Anyone got any idea how much a beer costs in Oslo on average (priorities right!)
It's bloody expensive. I went to Oslo December '10, but prices aside, it's a fantastic place to visit! I'm really tempted by this Sisters gig there!!
Cheese :-D
Heartless
Amphetamine Filth

Oslo is a fantastic place, indeed. And I am considering to go there again, given the lack of the Sisters visiting Reykjavik. ;-)
No shade of anything can make a good summer over here.
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

I'm enjoying the intra-Scandinavian banter in this thread. *reaches for popcorn* ;D
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
despair

markfiend wrote:I'm enjoying the intra-Scandinavian banter in this thread. *reaches for popcorn* ;D
You're a couple of weeks too late :P
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

despair wrote:
markfiend wrote:I'm enjoying the intra-Scandinavian banter in this thread. *reaches for popcorn* ;D
You're a couple of weeks too late :P
Oh. Yeah. I hadn't noticed that. :oops:
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell