2011-11-18 GÖTEBORG

Gig reviews, set lists, thoughts, comments and observations on the 2010 Sisters dates and the 2011 30th Anniversary tour
Eggi1
Amphetamine Filth

264 GIGS
34 COUNTRIES
over 200.000 MILES

and i want more ...

Bratislava
Nova Rock Festival
Mothra
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Tickets booked! Flights booked!

Can anyone tell me what the deal is with picking up tickets from Ticnet, the Swedish branch of Ticketmaster. I've been sent a pin code, but don't know where I can actually collect the tickets from.

And any hotel tips most welcome
euphoria
Slight Overbomber

Mothra wrote:Tickets booked! Flights booked!

Can anyone tell me what the deal is with picking up tickets from Ticnet, the Swedish branch of Ticketmaster. I've been sent a pin code, but don't know where I can actually collect the tickets from.

Formule 1 (44 EUR) is surely the cheapest, but not so good located in Göteborg...try the hotel booking sites, as it's a saturday night there should be some good deals available.

Looked into the ticket thing, truly a complete mess if you buy from abroad! Stockholm sell their tickets for home printing, why not Göteborg!?
The only place to pick them up late on saturday seems to be the "Coop Konsum" supermarket on "Avenyn" - it's walking distance from the venue, but still not very convenient of course.

I'll ask if the can offer anything else.
Mothra

euphoria wrote:
Mothra wrote:Tickets booked! Flights booked!

Formule 1 (44 EUR) is surely the cheapest, but not so good located in Göteborg...try the hotel booking sites, as it's a saturday night there should be some good deals available.

Looked into the ticket thing, truly a complete mess if you buy from abroad! Stockholm sell their tickets for home printing, why not Göteborg!?
The only place to pick them up late on saturday seems to be the "Coop Konsum" supermarket on "Avenyn" - it's walking distance from the venue, but still not very convenient of course.

I'll ask if the can offer anything else.
Thanks Euphoria - the gig is on a Friday though (at least I hope it is!). We're arriving on the Thursday, so plenty of time to collect the tickets I hope, but less than ideal - would be good to have them in hand.
Depprocksfarfar
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

Now SOLD OUT according to ticnet.
Being645
Above the Chemist

euphoria
Slight Overbomber

Being645 wrote:Well, not yet so here:

http://www.billettservice.no/event/THE- ... er/ORF1611

... :wink: ...
Except that's a link to the concert in Oslo :wink:

Mothra, sorry for not informing you, but I had no good news anyway; the promoter seems to have no influence on ticket selling methods.
Being645
Above the Chemist

euphoria wrote:
Being645 wrote:Well, not yet so here:

http://www.billettservice.no/event/THE- ... er/ORF1611

... :wink: ...
Except that's a link to the concert in Oslo :wink:
Oh yes ... so ...

https://www.ticnet.se/checkout/checkout ... p?legacy=1
euphoria
Slight Overbomber

Ok, yes now I see it - but judging by how it was in previous tours in Sweden, this is a sign the online tickets are selling out very soon. It will go back and forth a couple of times the next few days/weeks, but then it will be really sold out.
Being645
Above the Chemist

euphoria wrote:
Ok, yes now I see it - but judging by how it was in previous tours in Sweden, this is a sign the online tickets are selling out very soon. It will go back and forth a couple of times the next few days/weeks, but then it will be really sold out.
I'd bet so. Been to Göteborg lately and it was obvious,
the people there are very prepared to have a rocking Sisters gig coming ... fertile grounds ... ;D :lol: ...
Nic
Slight Overbomber

I've been trying to find a couple of tickets for several weeks now without any results. :(
All We Ever Wanted Was Everything
Being645
Above the Chemist

Nic wrote:I've been trying to find a couple of tickets for several weeks now without any results. :(
No? I could even have bought some at the tourist information in the city centre a month ago ...

Or maybe you try here again:

http://www.ticnet.se/search.php?convert ... s+of+Mercy

Oh! I see: No tickets available. They seem to be sold out? I can't read Swedish but I guess that's what is says ...

found this link... don't know if it's helpful...
http://biljettshop.se/tickets.php#389 (scroll)
Nic
Slight Overbomber

They are sold out everywhere I'm afraid.
If only I didn't wait for the last minute with everything. :roll:
All We Ever Wanted Was Everything
Mothra

Anyone able to recommend a good hotel/warn off a bad hotel for this one??

Cheers
pikkrong
Overbomber

just booked a room for myself and my mate in this:

http://www.goteborgsvandrarhem.se/comer ... ce=message

never been there but a local guy said it's close to the venue.

PS Göteborg is a special place. maybe people from Stockholm are not agree (and maybe they're right) but for me the city seems like Swedish Leeds - I mean bands like The Leather Nun, Cortex and so one.
do i drive
or am i driven
Nikolas Vitus Lagartija
Overbomber

I was a big fan of Leather Nun too even if they nicked the Sisters' version of Gimme Gimme Gimme whilst :von: was in between versions of TSOM. I suppose he got his own back by basing VT era Sisters vaguely on LN's look and sound.
Agree with what you say about Southern Sweden. I remember getting a train from Stockholm to Berlin about twenty years ago and seeing lots of Sisters graffitti amongst the usual illegible "tags" trackside.
TheBoyNextDoor

Nikolas Vitus Lagartija wrote: Agree with what you say about Southern Sweden. I remember getting a train from Stockholm to Berlin about twenty years ago and seeing lots of Sisters graffitti amongst the usual illegible "tags" trackside.
Funny you mention this. Was also going Stockholm - Berlin twenty years ago and noticed this. :)
Nikolas Vitus Lagartija
Overbomber

TheBoyNextDoor wrote:
Nikolas Vitus Lagartija wrote: Agree with what you say about Southern Sweden. I remember getting a train from Stockholm to Berlin about twenty years ago and seeing lots of Sisters graffitti amongst the usual illegible "tags" trackside.
Funny you mention this. Was also going Stockholm - Berlin twenty years ago and noticed this. :)
I was in carriage B, aisle seat facing backwards, wearing a red carnation and carrying a rolled up copy of Aftonbladet
TheBoyNextDoor

Nikolas Vitus Lagartija wrote: I was in carriage B, aisle seat facing backwards, wearing a red carnation and carrying a rolled up copy of Aftonbladet
Hahah. Sry but don't remember you.
Being645
Above the Chemist

Btw, for those of you who might be into Science Fiction literature ...

there is a lovely bookstore in Göteborg with also a large selection of Manga comics ...

Subsidiaries in Malmö and Stockholm exist as well ...

http://www.sfbok.se/div/butiker.asp#goteborg
pikkrong
Overbomber

anyone driving from Gothenburg to Stockholm? those trains are bloody expensive :urff:
do i drive
or am i driven
euphoria
Slight Overbomber

pikkrong wrote:anyone driving from Gothenburg to Stockholm? those trains are bloody expensive :urff:
Buses are around 30 euros, trains are very cheap if you book them early but expensive close to departure date.

Buses:
http://www.swebus.se/SwebusExpress_com/

(probably more bus companies running Gbg-Sthlm)

Cheapest budget hotels are as always Formule 1, don't know if they are fully booked yet. The Stockholm one is on the same metro line as the venue.
http://www.hotelformule1.com/gb/booking ... list.shtml
pikkrong
Overbomber

thanks for the info! :notworthy:
my problems seem to be solved.
do i drive
or am i driven
pikkrong
Overbomber

So an extremely early flight tomorrow...
do i drive
or am i driven
Ozpat
From the Lowlands

Have fun!
"as we walk on the floodland"