2011-11-19 Lund

Gig reviews, set lists, thoughts, comments and observations on the 2010 Sisters dates and the 2011 30th Anniversary tour
TheGoodSon
Amphetamine Filth

Thebanshee wrote:I'm coming for the first time.

:innocent:
Sounds great, hope you´ll have a great time! And I´ll see you there! :)
The dominant need of the needy soul is to be needed.
Nic
Slight Overbomber

I will try and catch them at all 3 dates in Sweden. :D
All We Ever Wanted Was Everything
Andrew S
Slight Overbomber

I dont want to risk this one selling out, so are there any kind-hearted people here prepared to help non-Swedish speakers to order from the eventim site? It still seems to be the only website selling Lund tickets.
RIP Dale: 1994 - 2009
Patti82
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

I'm not going to the show in Lund but maybe I can help you anyway Andrew? I can buy one and send it to you (not sure if the online printing thing will work properly but we can try that as well if you want to)? One ticket?
Andrew S
Slight Overbomber

Patti82 wrote:I'm not going to the show in Lund but maybe I can help you anyway Andrew? I can buy one and send it to you (not sure if the online printing thing will work properly but we can try that as well if you want to)? One ticket?
Thanks for the offer - much appreciated :notworthy: No longer needed, as I've managed to order from eventim (with the use of Google translate and a lot of guesswork!). So I'm now sorted cheers.
Patti82

Don't you just love Google translate :D It might not translate 100% correct but you get the basic things anyway.. Glad everything is sorted anyway!
xfloorshowx
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

less than 50 tickets left and only five weeks to go :D
...I’ve never had the desire to make a record unless I have something to say...
Dimehart
Amphetamine Filth

Anyone know what the merchandise will be like? Will I have any use for my fat (har har har) wallet?
"Love is the empty place where loneliness is born"
xfloorshowx

Sold out!
Being645
Above the Chemist

... ;D ...
TheGoodSon
Amphetamine Filth

OK so seriously, which of you fine Heartlanders are coming? And are any of you up for a pre-gig beer? I´m bringing an old friend, we´ll be rolling into town a few hours ahead of gig start...
Andrew S
Slight Overbomber

TheGoodSon wrote:OK so seriously, which of you fine Heartlanders are coming? And are any of you up for a pre-gig beer? I´m bringing an old friend, we´ll be rolling into town a few hours ahead of gig start...
I'm coming. And as not many others I know seem to be, I'm open to suggestions for a pre-gig meet-up. I'm stayijg somewhere near the venue and will probably arrive late afternoon.
TheGoodSon
Amphetamine Filth

Andrew S wrote:
TheGoodSon wrote:OK so seriously, which of you fine Heartlanders are coming? And are any of you up for a pre-gig beer? I´m bringing an old friend, we´ll be rolling into town a few hours ahead of gig start...
I'm coming. And as not many others I know seem to be, I'm open to suggestions for a pre-gig meet-up. I'm stayijg somewhere near the venue and will probably arrive late afternoon.
OK, awesome! Lund isn´t my hometown, I live about an hour away, but I will check for suitable pub/bar/whatever near the venue. Watch this space! :)
Dimehart
Amphetamine Filth

TheGoodSon wrote:
Andrew S wrote:
OK, awesome! Lund isn´t my hometown, I live about an hour away, but I will check for suitable pub/bar/whatever near the venue. Watch this space! :)
I wont be joining you for a pre-gig meeting but there is a shabby pizzeria right across the street from the venue called Söders Pizzeria( I think). As long as you avoid the food and the bald yugoslavs in trainers you will be perfectly safe. Otherwise there is two pubs at Stortorget not far from the venue, one is called Stortorget (duh) and the other one is called Hercules Bar and they serve booze and(!) eatable food! Afterwards you just stroll down "Stora Södergatan" and you will walk more or less right in to the venue.
"Love is the empty place where loneliness is born"
Being645
Above the Chemist

Loads of fun and joy to everyone who's gonna be there ... ;D ;D ;D ...

... Image Image Image Image Image ...
xfloorshowx

Excellent gig...

Crash and Burn
Ribbons
First & Last & Always
Train/Detonation Boulevard
Alice
Marian
Arms
Dominion/Mother Russia
Summer
On the Wire/Teachers/On the Wire
Suzanne
Logic
No Time To Cry
This Corrosion
Pipeline
Flood II

Rain From Heaven
More

Lucretia
Vision Thing
Temple Of Love

Setlist keeps on changing, :von: and the boys seemed to be in a good mood. Sound was crisp and clear, volume where it should be, had a great time, best Sisters gig I've been to in years.. :notworthy:
Drsisters

Last night was nice, but not as nice as Gothenburg.. Yeah, I agree the sound was clear.. but the sound in Gothenburg by far was better.
No Time To Cry and We Are The Same, Susanne was superb performed.

Andrew was quite drunk, he almost screwed More up a bit, but Chris gave him a poke that he was to early to start to scream I WANT MORE :lol: :lol:

one song I really missed was A Gift That Shines, but you cant have it all, I guess.

Hopefully it will be back in Stockholm tonight.
Andrew Eldritch Dour Festival 1997: Yeah, We take any request... As much as we ever do.
Being645
Above the Chemist

Drsisters wrote: No Time To Cry and We Are The Same, Susanne was superb performed.
Of course ... :wink: ...
Drsisters wrote: Andrew was quite drunk, he almost screwed More up a bit, but Chris gave him a poke that he was to early to start to scream I WANT MORE :lol: :lol:
:eek: :eek: :eek: ... hopefully he got there under pretty conditions... and no vomitting all over the tour bus afterwards ... :lol: ...

Anyway, obviously it's time for development now to overcome the headaches ... ;D ...
Drsisters wrote: one song I really missed was A Gift That Shines, but you can't have it all, I guess.

Hopefully it will be back in Stockholm tonight.
It will surely be back ... ;D ... and Stockholm, hell, that should become another great gig ...

with all you wonderful Swedes from the other side of the country ... ;D ;D ;D :notworthy: ...

Thanks for the setlist, xfloorshowx ... :notworthy: ...
I've already send it up to the Wiki ... ;D ...
TheGoodSon
Amphetamine Filth

Last night was the best Sisters gig I have ever experienced. It was quite simply awesome.
The sound was crisp, clear and LOUD. The crowd was wonderful, at least where I was standing. We had ourselves quite the party, and today my voice is sore from all the singalong. Oh, and the setlist was perfect!

After I saw them in Malmö and Copenhagen in 06, I felt more or less sure that the Sisters Live Thing was over for me. It was all just too disappointing. Now, I can´t wait until the next time!
To Von, Chris and Ben - a huge Thank You!
TheGoodSon
Amphetamine Filth

Vons comment after NTTC: "That was a lot better than yesterday." :)

Oh, and Andrew S, sorry that I never got back about the pre-gig beer thing. Had a few very long days before Saturday.... Hope you enjoyed the gig, though! :)
Yggdrasil

Hi everyone, long time...

I managed to snap quite a few photos at last night's gig in Lund, and a cracking gig it was! Our dear Leader was more animated (inebriated?) than usual, I almost feared he would break out into a dance routine, the setlist was pretty good, the sound was good (loud!), and the lighting beautiful.

Here you go, raw and unedited:

http://gallery.me.com/andershjemdahl#100089

Please find included a video of the full intro and Crash & Burn, with steady camera & good vantage point, albeit with a bit distorted sound (this is the first file on the page).
Being645
Above the Chemist

Extremely cool vids on YouTube ...

Thanks for the links to eddi on PD ... :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M3_tkFHshNY&hd=1 - C&B, Ribbons, FALAA (partly)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8epvZMAr-c8&hd=1 - Alice, Marian, Arms, Dominion, Summer (starting)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y3YxmRSSRu8&hd=1 - Susanne, Logic, NTTC
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pU_r4hSiNUg&hd=1 - This Corrosion, Pipeline
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yM1ezeMJf5w&hd=1 - Flood II
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aqPr-_-kzWQ&hd=1 - Vision Thing
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WDVSSEaGr0U&hd=1 - FALAA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_EJRWDyszZI&hd=1 - Alice

A hell of a gig ... :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: ...
centurionofprix

Wonderful performance of Susanne!
Sita

Thanks everyone for the reviews, pics and videos! :notworthy:
Ozpat
From the Lowlands

Sita wrote:Thanks everyone for the reviews, pics and videos! :notworthy:
Aye, seconded! :notworthy:
"as we walk on the floodland"