21st July 2012 - Amphi-Festival, Köln

Gig news, reviews, set lists, thoughts, comments and observations on The Sisters live in 2012.
doctoravalanche
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Simon D is not doing the machines anymore ???
doctoravalanche

Great surprise with the backing vocals on the songs, hope they will keep her for the next shows, it sounds great and far better than our two male backing vocalists ;)
damagedone

Amazing,much better with her vocals in it.I feel soo bad i coundn't make it for this brilliant concert.
Anyone got some decent video(audio) :innocent: ?
Keep Music Evil
DocSommer
Slight Overbomber

No I couldn't film there properly and my audio recording tunred ot to be clipped because the rec level hadn't enough headroom. I can share it if nothing else shows up during the next days but beside this silent acoustic version (even there's a few clipping parts in it) the rest isn't really something I'd call audible. I'm not really mad about the audio since the usual stuff was average/solidly performed but nothing extraordinary one must have a top notch recording of. Still it would have been a good chance to get a nice vid during daylight and very less smoke. It became darker during the runtime so we also get the lightshow.

Unfortunately the stage was quite low (lot's of peoples heads in the way) and many people where a bit aggresive bumping and punching. Some might might say "better have a crap video than no video" - I beg to differ...
Great surprise with the backing vocals on the songs, hope they will keep her for the next shows, it sounds great and far better than our two male backing vocalists Wink
I wouldn't have complained if she had complete the gig alone :lol:
lex3000
Amphetamine Filth

OK, very quickly here is my video of Lisa Cuthbert performing This Corrosion last night.

http://youtu.be/R7rdFaQYA7g

Full review and photos to follow.
Groningen - Lokerese Feesten
Never Land
Amphetamine Filth

:roll:
Last edited by Never Land on 22 Jul 2012, 20:14, edited 1 time in total.
Debs on smoke Debs on weed Debs on Duvel Debs on sleep.
Never Land
Amphetamine Filth

Never Land wrote:
Husek wrote:Great Temple, but not sure about Corrosion...
Indeed.
TOL-->splendid

Also big smile with all the scary G :urff: ths.

;D

Andrew with speaking fanny :urff:
Debs on smoke Debs on weed Debs on Duvel Debs on sleep.
GC
Slight Overbomber

lex3000 wrote:OK, very quickly here is my video of Lisa Cuthbert performing This Corrosion last night.

http://youtu.be/R7rdFaQYA7g

Full review and photos to follow.
She's a bit gothy......what was AE thinking of :lol:
centurionofprix

Thanks for (once again) taking the trouble of filming it. I'd love to hear Arms with female vox if anyone taped that, regardless of audio quality.
dinky daisy
Slight Overbomber

Guys and Girls.

Seriously.

Any other band who came up with 'something' added live would've been, well just another addition but maybe an average idea.

But when Sisters come up with this, well, we're all cheering because it is something new.

Then i have brand new ideas for the Sisters onstage:

I mean, it's not lemmy on bass and 21th century drumpads...
guns & cars & accidents
dinky daisy
Slight Overbomber

PS No bitchin' about Lisa in personal though. This Corrosion has some Kate Bush-flavour. I like her version.
guns & cars & accidents
dtsom
Slight Overbomber

after 2 crazy days and tired as hell I´m in home.
their perfonmance at Amphy was great!!! :von: ´s voice on top
sound loud and a crazy crowd...

couldn´t believe when a woman turned up on stage during arms and dominion, but when she did her solo with TC for me was diferent...it was really nice but as obvious the proper version wouldn´t be played(wich is one of my favorites)

but when the tribute to temple 92 was played......I don't have words for describing it.... in one words could be MAGIC

nice to see everyone as always

OVER AND OUT!!!
2023: Los Ángeles,Las Vegas, Londonx2, Valencia Madrid, Lisbon, Porto, Bilbao
centurionofprix

I don't know dude. It sounds good. It's a new band member, at least for one gig, and some new arrangements. To me that's perfectly enough to be excited about, especially as the stonking TOL arrangement is back, and since it seems to open up the possibility of playing tunes like 1959 or UTG again if she stays with the band, but is anyone making it out to be more than it is?

Edit: to dd.
Last edited by centurionofprix on 22 Jul 2012, 22:11, edited 2 times in total.
paint it black
Black, black, black & even blacker

centurionofprix wrote:Temple
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_6CygdQFgkc
Temple of love: touched by the hand of parody :von:
Goths have feelings too
Victim of Circumstance
Slight Overbomber

dtsom wrote:after 2 crazy days and tired as hell I´m in home.
their perfonmance at Amphy was great!!! :von: ´s voice on top
sound loud and a crazy crowd...

couldn´t believe when a woman turned up on stage during arms and dominion, but when she did her solo with TC for me was diferent...it was really nice but as obvious the proper version wouldn´t be played(wich is one of my favorites)

but when the tribute to temple 92 was played......I don't have words for describing it.... in one words could be MAGIC

nice to see everyone as always

OVER AND OUT!!!
Seconded! BTW, I was the guy standing next to you. Hope, to meet you again 8)
Kommt Zeit,
kommt Rat,
kommt Attentat.
Christian
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

a short cutout of Lisa Cuthberts performance:

https://vimeo.com/46192455
dinky daisy
Slight Overbomber

This said, the new band member is performing at Castlefest.

http://www.castlefest.com/page/nl/2012/ ... sacuthbert

Anyone?

:innocent:
guns & cars & accidents
DocSommer
Slight Overbomber

Oh nice - she's also playing in hamburg - I'll definetly add this to my calendar and get there if nothing comes in between
Christian

Hamburg? When? Where? :-)
paint it black
Black, black, black & even blacker

Christian wrote:Hamburg? When? Where? :-)
she's got a webpage which isn't full a dead links and seems to be kept up to date. Perhaps she's gonna be the new webmistress when they start pushing TOL Rev 3 next year

http://lisacuthbert.webs.com/tourdates.htm
Goths have feelings too
Christian

ah, thank you!
bearskin

I like the idea of something new in the mix for TSOM live - progress!

What did people in the audience think about the Sisters gig stopping in the middle for a single-song cameo solo performance by another artist?
Ozpat
From the Lowlands

bearskin wrote:I like the idea of something new in the mix for TSOM live - progress!

What did people in the audience think about the Sisters gig stopping in the middle for a single-song cameo solo performance by another artist?
I cannot read thoughts but overall there were positive (goff :eek: )expressions of surprise.
"as we walk on the floodland"
Being645
Above the Chemist

bearskin wrote:What did people in the audience think about the Sisters gig stopping in the middle for a single-song cameo solo performance by another artist?
To me it was not like that. Lisa entered the stage for Arms, which was fine basically,
only I could hardly hear her ... maybe because of the mix, but definitely because of the crowd chorus ... :lol: ...

It also took a few seconds to realise, she was singing This Corrosion, which was also not easy since crowd choruses ... ;D :lol: ...
were at making their usual path ... ;D ;D ;D :lol: ... but slowly comprehension got through and then we were as lucky as to listen
to a Sisters song in way that had almost been forgotten within all the metal and other weaponry ... just wonderful ... not like another
artist in the middle of a Sisters gig ... but a major contribution to the whole of The Sisters' show ...

And even greater, almost like MAGIC, as dtsom said earlier, it was when she did the Ofra Haza part in Temple Of Love ...
not in the first few bars, but very soon it was just overwhelming ... she has a great voice, wide enough to carry that part,
simply wonderful to hear it ... just wonderful ... this will remain an eternal joy and pleasure in my memory ... for many reasons.
Being645
Above the Chemist

dinky daisy wrote:Guys and Girls.

Seriously.

Any other band who came up with 'something' added live would've been, well just another addition but maybe an average idea.

But when Sisters come up with this, well, we're all cheering because it is something new.
The Sisters are not "any other band" to most of us, I guess. And perhaps, if you go to the forums of those other bands, their fanbase might react completely the same way as we do, in case those bands did such a thing at all (your spare-ribs included) ... on the other hand, I think most other bands are not in the position/situation to do it at all and so ... wah, just wonderfully ...