Belgrade Calling 27.-29.06.2012

Gig news, reviews, set lists, thoughts, comments and observations on The Sisters live in 2012.
Being645
Above the Chemist

Bartek wrote:This is another video where i see static music made by this band live, but that can be thrown on recordings, that sometimes kills real sound.

Edith: yes, it's 2006 sisterstekland video.
Uch, indeed ... :eek: ...

however, Wiki updated ... ;D ...
Ozpat
From the Lowlands

Thanks for the reviews. Crap shirt but I'll buy it anyway.
"as we walk on the floodland"
ribbons69
Slight Overbomber

Ozpat wrote: Crap shirt but I'll buy it anyway.
:innocent:
"I've seen Andrew Eldritch in an ice hockey shirt onstage, and I've given him the benefit of the doubt"
Tom G Warrior of Celtic Frost

we fall to rise
lachert
Overbomber

Ozpat wrote:Crap shirt but I'll buy it anyway.
he said that :innocent:

i started to watch Being645 link with full show, and realized that it's from 2006 when they start to play "still" :lol:
long live rock'n'roll
Being645
Above the Chemist

lachert wrote: i started to watch Being645 link with full show, and realized that it's from 2006 when they start to play "still" :lol:
:oops: :lol: ... hope you liked it nonetheless ... Still seems still valid, anyway ... :lol:
bearskin
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

Setlist seems strikingly similar to the show from Auckland last year? Don't you lot get tired of the same setlists? I do wonder how much longer the girls can keep going with the same old?
Being645
Above the Chemist

bearskin wrote:Setlist seems strikingly similar to the show from Auckland last year? Don't you lot get tired of the same setlists? I do wonder how much longer the girls can keep going with the same old?

... :lol::lol::lol: ... don't your avatar look strikingly similar to the one from last year?
Don't you get tired of the same avatar? I do wonder how much longer you can keep going with the same old? ... :lol::lol::lol: ...
mickydazzler
Road Kill

Great festival, great town, wonderful people. Shame about the sound on Friday which, in fairness, until The Sisters came on, seemed to be more of a problem onstage than for the crowd. FNM were awesome and a tough act to follow. I think this was the highlight of the two days we were there: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Zj-RS6O ... ata_player

I'd like to hear a recording of it because AE's vocals sounded really good. Not sure if that was because of or despite the fact that the we couldn't hear the guitars.

It was a pleasure to meet you all!
damagedone
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Outstanding :von: great vocals.Really nice except the low guitars but this video says it all.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oc3yHtJIjrI
Keep Music Evil
sisterstekland
Slight Overbomber

Bartek wrote:This is another video where i see static music made by this band live, but that can be thrown on recordings, that sometimes kills real sound.

Edith: yes, it's 2006 sisterstekland video.
I did not shoot this one http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oc3yHtJIjrI, the taper have sold it on ebay, then I got it via trade or sharing section.
I never been in serbia yet :wink:

anyway, you can get it from here if you wish: http://darkcircleroom2.blogspot.fr/2011 ... ajdan.html :von:

some have 6 years late :lol: :lol:
Ozpat
From the Lowlands

bearskin wrote:Setlist seems strikingly similar to the show from Auckland last year? Don't you lot get tired of the same setlists? I do wonder how much longer the girls can keep going with the same old?
Answer to your question: No I do not!
I would get more tired by posts like yours if I would care.
But I don't..... ;D
"as we walk on the floodland"
paul
Overbomber

Ozpat wrote:
Answer to your question: No I do not!
I would get more tired by posts like yours if I would care.
But I don't..... ;D
:lol:
lex3000
Amphetamine Filth

I've uploaded my photos from Belgrade Calling, but I'll be honest and say they look like most of the gigs we've been to when we've gone to see the Sisters.

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set ... 405&type=1
Groningen - Lokerese Feesten
bearskin

Being645 wrote:

... :lol::lol::lol: ... don't your avatar look strikingly similar to the one from last year?
Don't you get tired of the same avatar? I do wonder how much longer you can keep going with the same old? ... :lol::lol::lol: ...
I wasn't here at this time last year, sorry.
bearskin

lex3000 wrote:I've uploaded my photos from Belgrade Calling, but I'll be honest and say they look like most of the gigs we've been to when we've gone to see the Sisters.

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set ... 405&type=1
That would seem, according to the comments, to be the point though? I'm a big fan of TSOM, but personally wouldn't want to see the same thing year in, year out. I appreciate I'm in a minority there.
playboy

Same as always....... Oh, yes I get very very tired of the same setlist. Sorry to say that according to a few they do change the setlist a lot. They played exactly the same songs in Gothenburg last year, as well on other shows. Ok, they did not play Something Fast in Gothenburg, but of course they did other night last year.
I was hoping for a change for once. Now I know it will never come.

And I am not surprised that the sound was muted and pretty low even at the front. Somehow I knew about this and about the setlist before the show....
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

You're such as hatstand. Why can't you fun with what you got. this setlist is so much changed compare to 1981 or 1985 or 1993 od 2001, so why you still complain?! and sound is much better.
Being645
Above the Chemist

Bartek wrote:You're such as hatstand. Why can't you fun with what you got. this setlist is so much changed compare to 1981 or 1985 or 1993 od 2001, so why you still complain?! and sound is much better.

Anyway, Ravey Davey is back ...

so as for those who miss brutally feeling The Doktor, this is possibly what we might expect in future ...

... Don't say you had not asked, now .... :lol: ...
mickydazzler
Road Kill

playboy wrote:
Same as always....... Oh, yes I get very very tired of the same setlist. Sorry to say that according to a few they do change the setlist a lot. They played exactly the same songs in Gothenburg last year, as well on other shows. Ok, they did not play Something Fast in Gothenburg, but of course they did other night last year.
I was hoping for a change for once. Now I know it will never come.

And I am not surprised that the sound was muted and pretty low even at the front. Somehow I knew about this and about the setlist before the show....
Imagine Samuel Beckett woulda had to put up with this kind of stuff if the Information Superhighway was out then
playboy

Bartek wrote:You're such as hatstand. Why can't you fun with what you got. this setlist is so much changed compare to 1981 or 1985 or 1993 od 2001, so why you still complain?! and sound is much better.
Yes, the setlist has changed since 2001.
And today they are playing five and a half songs they did not play 2006, six years ago. Can you tell me what big changes has been done since 2009? Three years ago.

About those years you mentioned before - and other years - I can tell from looking at a setlist which year the it was. I have to think a bit harder to figure out that by the watching the setlist from the past 10-11 years.

I can have fun with what I got. For the moment. But it used to be more than fun for an hour or so attending a Sisters gig before. It was a thrill, something you remembered. Something unique. Every tour was different in another way. You never knew what to expect. I still remember watching them in 1990. Five years since a last saw them. It seemed like a loooong time since I watched them 1985. And if you missed the 1985 tour, you wouldn´t get a second chance to see anything like that. Or if you missed them in 1984. Or in 1990-1991. Or the tour in 1993.
If you saw them 2007, 2009, 2011 or this year doesn´t really matter. Not so uniqur thing to witness anymore.
I still today remember standing a Brixton Academy 1993 and they played On The Wire. I was stunned, really, it was so unexpected, so cool, so damn good. And I remember seeing them last year thinking, hm, isn´t this the same show, more or less, they did when I last saw them a couple of years ago?...
lachert
Overbomber

mickydazzler wrote:I think this was the highlight of the two days we were there: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Zj-RS6O ... ata_player
oh lord, what an asshole.
poor technician guy. he should strikes back with better karate and leave that job. that would be funny :lol:
long live rock'n'roll
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

@playboy: That was very cheap sarcasm form my side, you could recognised that from years that i've pointed - 11 years ago? 31 yrs ago? 19 yrs ago? Come on.
I'm with those hatsands who wants to see change, develope, progress of TSOM not standing still ("if it makes you happy") or wearing new shirt. Latest example of fight between good and evil (i'm not pointing who's who) is here (and we agree to diagree, like we would change anything).
playboy

Bartek wrote:@playboy: That was very cheap sarcasm form my side, you could recognised that from years that i've pointed - 11 years ago? 31 yrs ago? 19 yrs ago? Come on.
I'm with those hatsands who wants to see change, develope, progress of TSOM not standing still ("if it makes you happy") or wearing new shirt. Latest example of fight between good and evil (i'm not pointing who's who) is here (and we agree to diagree, like we would change anything).
Of course I should have seen the sarcasm.... I blacked out or something... But it is not always easy to tell as it sometimes seems that everyones seems to happy the way things are and is honestly thinking that they DO change the setlist and so on....

have a nice weekend!
Being645
Above the Chemist

Bartek wrote:Latest example of fight between good and evil (i'm not pointing who's who) is here (and we agree to diagree, like we would change anything).
"good and evil" ... how saddening can this become? My condolences to your intellectul capacities, if that's what you really make of it ...
and another thanks, of course!
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

Using you rhetoric, "my condolences to your intellectual capacities", if you're taking every word written in the Net so serious.
If you (want to) take out single sentence out of whole statement, you can easily turn it into something else than author meant.
I guess that whole mistake has source in my modest way of using emoticons.
But i'm even trying to excuse ?!