Belgrade Calling 27.-29.06.2012

Gig news, reviews, set lists, thoughts, comments and observations on The Sisters live in 2012.
bearskin
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

mickydazzler wrote: They better play Far Parade or launch the new album.
I heard rumblings of exactly this... maybe the l o n g wait is over?!
euphoria
Slight Overbomber

bearskin wrote:
mickydazzler wrote: They better play Far Parade or launch the new album.
I heard rumblings of exactly this... maybe the l o n g wait is over?!
Far Parade, really? Credible source? I don't know if I could handle a whole new song already, it's only 3 years since Arms was introduced...

Or did you mean the album ;D
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

i love the smell of hoax in the morning :lol:
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

i heard that there will be new TSOM fashion collection, including boxers, socks and shoes (probably hi-tops) with TSOM logo on sole.
Being645
Above the Chemist

For sure, The Sisters and everybody attending will have a great time at a wonderful festival ... ;D ;D ;D ...

I'm really not pleased that I can't make it, but hell ... now I'm looking forward with even more pleasure to the Amphi Festival in Cologne ... ;D ...
Nikolas Vitus Lagartija
Overbomber

Interesting coverage of a BC press conference today :

It was announced also that the Sisters of Mercy play in more extended structure than six years ago in Tasmajdan, and that, except for drum machines, which for years used instead of live drums, the rest of the band will be complete.

Surely it is the same line-up as in 2006 ???? This bit also caught my eye :

As for the riders, no hidden delight, as they say, extremely humorous list of required composition of Faith No More, "as the best numbers, Alan Ford," where, for example, "soft as a bunny towels." "The band, of course, wanted time to come together with the organizers, the real demands they really humble," said MeÅ¡ković.Ozzy Osbourne & Friends require, among other things, squeezed juices, paper cups, linen tablecloths and large mirrors in the dressing room while the Sisters Of Mercy asked 13 single rooms, including one on the lowest floor and one, regardless of the temperature, there must be some system for heating.

To read it in the original Serbian, here is the link :

http://www.popboks.com/vest.php?ID=17228
centurionofprix
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Nikolas Vitus Lagartija wrote:including one on the lowest floor and one, regardless of the temperature, there must be some system for heating.
He truly is a reptile.

So can you decipher whether "extended structure" in this instance means a bigger band or a longer setlist?
Nikolas Vitus Lagartija
Overbomber

centurionofprix wrote:
Nikolas Vitus Lagartija wrote:including one on the lowest floor and one, regardless of the temperature, there must be some system for heating.
He truly is a reptile.

So can you decipher whether "extended structure" in this instance means a bigger band or a longer setlist?
It seems to not just imply the former, but explain it with the reference to the drum machine. The clear implication seems to be that there will be live bass (if only ..). To go back to the original : Ostatek = "the rest" benda = "of the band" biti = "will be" completa = complete.
Either someone has their wires crossed (possibly me, more likely the promoter) or we're in for a surprise !
Nikolas Vitus Lagartija
Overbomber

Should have added that this site : http://www.clubbing.rs/content/view/7446/54/mentions the time the Girls are due on set (01.05 a.m. - have they ever started later ??) and quotes the rooms rider details. adding the request for "a large sofa" for the heated room - weirder and weirder.
Eggi1
Amphetamine Filth

Nikolas Vitus Lagartija wrote:Should have added that this site : http://www.clubbing.rs/content/view/7446/54/mentions the time the Girls are due on set (01.05 a.m. - have they ever started later ??) and quotes the rooms rider details. adding the request for "a large sofa" for the heated room - weirder and weirder.
01:30 am :wink:

http://www.belgradecalling.com/sr2012/v ... ve-na-usce
264 GIGS
34 COUNTRIES
over 200.000 MILES

and i want more ...

Bratislava
Nova Rock Festival
circle

Shouldn't the header say that it's 1 day to thenext sisters gig (this one)??? :innocent:
darkcircleroom4.blogspot.com
lachert
Overbomber

circle wrote:Shouldn't the header say that it's 1 day to thenext sisters gig (this one)??? :innocent:
1 or 3? :eek:
boss must be very busy right now :wink:

all this belgrade thing looks very tempting but it's really hard to get there in cheap way :?
anyway, have fun boys and girls and let us know about special show as quick as you can :wink:
long live rock'n'roll
Being645
Above the Chemist

lachert wrote:
circle wrote:Shouldn't the header say that it's 1 day to thenext sisters gig (this one)??? :innocent:
1 or 3? :eek:
boss must be very busy right now :wink:

all this belgrade thing looks very tempting but it's really hard to get there in cheap way :?
anyway, have fun boys and girls and let us know about special show as quick as you can :wink:
3 days, The Sisters play on Friday ... but the festival starts today ... enjoy who can make it there .... ;D ...
paul
Overbomber

Have fun, people, and keep us informed ;-)
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

have phun! enjoy this gig with obvious and well know setlist.
radiojamaica
Overbomber

aha, is that tonight? Nice... Enjoy it people!
in dub we trust
mickydazzler
Road Kill

lex3000 wrote:
mickydazzler wrote:Done, thanks! Involves a hardcore 5 in the a.m. flight outta Belgrade Saturday morning though. What could possibly go wrong?! They better play Far Parade or launch the new album.
Belgrade is supposed to be pretty awesome at night so if you're not planning to get any sleep after the gig before your flight I'll be looking to stay out late partying. I've got a 6am flight on the Sunday, terrible times for flights out of that place.
May as well be hung for a sheep as a lamb!

The only Sisters tshirt on sale last night btw was the "Hot metal..." one.
Husek

Hm, just checking, did someone know what time will the gig start? (Serbia time btw)
Project Personal Dok
Hardware: 100% (Single Hackintosh)
AU: 90%
Software: 90%
The Final Floorshow - My Own Sisters T-Shirt Shop
mickydazzler
Road Kill

Husek wrote:Hm, just checking, did someone know what time will the gig start? (Serbia time btw)

1.30 according to this: http://www.belgradecalling.com/en2012/i ... time-table
lex3000
Amphetamine Filth

Well I'm in the festival, got my belt confiscated on the way in! I'm in the 2007 tour t-shirt and army shorts if anyone else is here.

I'm slightly underwhelmed so far. It let's see how things go.
Groningen - Lokerese Feesten
lex3000
Amphetamine Filth

New t-shirt, grey on black. "Sisters" and new logo on front, "Србија Deutschland 2012" on back. Photos when I work out how to upload. Awesome!
Groningen - Lokerese Feesten
lachert
Overbomber

lex3000 wrote:New t-shirt, grey on black. "Sisters" and new logo on front, "Србија Deutschland 2012" on back.
:eek: :eek: :eek:
not too much effort from the band? what next, new song and different setist? :eek: :lol:
long live rock'n'roll
euphoria
Slight Overbomber

lex3000 wrote:New t-shirt, grey on black. "Sisters" and new logo on front, "Србија Deutschland 2012" on back. Photos when I work out how to upload. Awesome!
Sounds cool, but I guess we can write off Belgium now, then.
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

lachert wrote:
lex3000 wrote:New t-shirt, grey on black. "Sisters" and new logo on front, "Србија Deutschland 2012" on back.
:eek: :eek: :eek:
not too much effort from the band? what next, new song and different setist? :eek: :lol:
Are you trying to be sarcastic here, Sir? :evil:
Emily
Road Kill

euphoria wrote:
lex3000 wrote:New t-shirt, grey on black. "Sisters" and new logo on front, "Србија Deutschland 2012" on back. Photos when I work out how to upload. Awesome!
Sounds cool, but I guess we can write off Belgium now, then.
Yes, indeed :?. The festivals have almost finished their line ups.

I'm quite excited for the setlist, as I assume to get a pretty simlar one in Cologne.