05.07.2014 Sonisphere UK

Gig news, reviews, set lists, thoughts, comments and observations on The Sisters live in 2014
Pat
Slight Overbomber

Knebworth,who's going then ?
Purple Light
Slight Overbomber

“I got lost in the mirror, wondering what could have been, I couldn’t help but kill her, but I couldn’t kill the dream.”
sziamiau
Slight Overbomber

cant believe it. I'll be in Kansas city for work then:( again my luck
lex3000
Amphetamine Filth

Yep, I'm going as I was already planning to go.
dinky daisy
Slight Overbomber

guns & cars & accidents
Nikolas Vitus Lagartija
Overbomber

:von: must realise how low the band's stock has fallen when they're mentioned several paragraphs below Chas'n'Dave in the Sonisphere press release !
NickW
Amphetamine Filth

And how much we will be expected to fork out for a 45 -50 minute set ?
Just one of the pesky kids
Being645
Above the Chemist

NickW wrote:And how much we will be expected to fork out for a 45 -50 minute set ?
Plenty, depending on how you want to sleep ... :eek::eek::eek: ... :lol: ...
http://sonisphere.co.uk/hotel-packages/
http://sonisphere.co.uk/rock-royalty-vip/ - don't miss to scroll for the pictures of the pretty tents... :twisted: :lol: ...

Anyway, high time I update the SistersWiki but I can't do so before later on today.

However, overseas customers should definitely check this page:
http://sonisphere.co.uk/overseas-customers/
bangles
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

Nikolas Vitus Lagartija wrote::von: must realise how low the band's stock has fallen when they're mentioned several paragraphs below Chas'n'Dave in the Sonisphere press release !
Grim thought but then, hey it is Chas n Dave.

Maybe they'll get Ossie out for a Tottenham medley. (Chas n Dave - not the sisters.

Although...)
Asperum Aestimate Fimi Aliquid Hodie
iesus
Overbomber

Wow announcement for a Dropkick Merphys concert :D
Where is Knebworth in the map ??? :)
'Are we the Baddies?'...
"Someday! Someday, everything you need, is just gonna fall out of the sky..." -A.E. Reading 1991
"Don't forget that most of the judges in witches trials had harvard degrees."
Joy
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Being645 wrote:
NickW wrote:And how much we will be expected to fork out for a 45 -50 minute set ?
Plenty, depending on how you want to sleep ... :eek::eek::eek: ... :lol: ...
http://sonisphere.co.uk/hotel-packages/
http://sonisphere.co.uk/rock-royalty-vip/ - don't miss to scroll for the pictures of the pretty tents... :twisted: :lol: ...

Anyway, high time I update the SistersWiki but I can't do so before later on today.

However, overseas customers should definitely check this page:
http://sonisphere.co.uk/overseas-customers/
Thx!! :notworthy: I'm looking at the sites and I can't find de option to buy daily tickets. :roll:
"Music is there to enrich your life and make you aware of things in a slightly different way."
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

that Chas'n'Dave are horrible. i regret that i check it.
Nikolas Vitus Lagartija
Overbomber

Bartek wrote:that Chas'n'Dave are horrible. i regret that i check it.
:lol: there are some stones better left unturned ! Apparently they went down well at Rebellion last year. After Lisa Cuthbert at the last festival appearance, perhaps :von: will ask them to do This Corrosion (Cockney Knees Up Mix) whilst he nips offstage for a crafty fag. Or perhaps TSOM will do a cover version of "Gertcha" - :von: has the accent for it after all ...
road_kill
Road Kill

Bartek wrote:that Chas'n'Dave are horrible. i regret that i check it.
There ain't no pleasing you :lol:
NhDNlkYcIc
Nikolas Vitus Lagartija
Overbomber

I bet TSOM end up playing to a hardcore of a couple of thousand fans (plus a few hundred curious but ultimately disappointed onlookers) in some distant tent at Sonisphere, when they could have played to ten times that many at Alt-Fest.
LyanvisAberrant

Nikolas Vitus Lagartija wrote:I bet TSOM end up playing to a hardcore of a couple of thousand fans (plus a few hundred curious but ultimately disappointed onlookers) in some distant tent at Sonisphere, when they could have played to ten times that many at Alt-Fest.
I have never read a statement so true.
A man with a fictitious grin pondered the terrain in which he flooded with anguish, for this is England. The lion cannot be tamed, this is the game.
Chaotican

I think I can make it on frequent flier miles.

Do I have time to hang out and (re)establish friendships with everyone who is going? Been offline since 2008...

Any ideas where to stay nearby?
Mav787
One life, all I need

LyanvisAberrant wrote:
Nikolas Vitus Lagartija wrote:I bet TSOM end up playing to a hardcore of a couple of thousand fans (plus a few hundred curious but ultimately disappointed onlookers) in some distant tent at Sonisphere, when they could have played to ten times that many at Alt-Fest.
Seconded.

If they'd turned down Alt-Fest's offer because they didn't want to play a UK festival then fair enough, but to accept to play Sonisphere instead is just perverse.

Imagine how many people would be at Alt-Fest who may have stopped going to Sisters gigs but would then have the chance to get into the band again. I can't see many Iron Maiden fans checking out the Sisters.
Pista
Cureboi

Mav787 wrote:
LyanvisAberrant wrote:
Seconded.

If they'd turned down Alt-Fest's offer because they didn't want to play a UK festival then fair enough, but to accept to play Sonisphere instead is just perverse.

Imagine how many people would be at Alt-Fest who may have stopped going to Sisters gigs but would then have the chance to get into the band again. I can't see many Iron Maiden fans checking out the Sisters.
Thirded. They actually turned Alt-Fest Down because they won't play the same event as the Nephs.
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

You never know what's inside :von: ' head, but one can be tell: they played there before, so they know, more or less, what to expect. And lets not forget that AE wears Fear Factory tee and talks about Deftones. and TSOM "are not goth".
Mav787
One life, all I need

What :von: thinks they are has no bearing on who actually likes them. Metal fans are not going to get into a band with no human drummer or bass player.

I wonder if he's worried that if they are in close proximity to other bands from the '80s scene, people might find it easy to draw unfavourable comparisons.
Dr Poo
Amphetamine Filth

Pista wrote:They actually turned Alt-Fest Down because they won't play the same event as the Nephs.
Then explain Mera Luna 2000!
oldgoodies
Road Kill

official site beach update now ....
Joy

"Music is there to enrich your life and make you aware of things in a slightly different way."
Depprocksfarfar

And with this new twitter thing, they will never update the official site live section again, believe me. And never any news about their twitter account in the news section. It's how it works and you know it. Thank God for the Heartland forum! 8)