05.07.2014 Sonisphere UK

Gig news, reviews, set lists, thoughts, comments and observations on The Sisters live in 2014
User avatar
Silver_Owl
The Don
Posts: 7361
Joined: 27 Sep 2003, 18:52

Hopefully they'll be on on Sunday. I don't fancy doing a weekend but a day ticket would be great. :D
We forgive as we forget
As the day is long.
User avatar
psichonaut
Overbomber
Posts: 2709
Joined: 29 Mar 2007, 20:37
Location: somewhere in time in italy
Contact:

I'm a bit disappointed, i wonder what the hell the Sisters do Between Maiden and Metallica
It would be great for me see them too...,
thanks...my Lord...i'm unbeliver
tear up your pants for psicho...and jump on him
User avatar
dtsom
Slight Overbomber
Posts: 1501
Joined: 09 Sep 2005, 14:11
Location: Madrid (Spain)
Contact:

Hom_Corleone wrote:Hopefully they'll be on on Sunday. I don't fancy doing a weekend but a day ticket would be great. :D
saturday 5th July

http://www.the-sisters-of-mercy.com/news/livenews.htm
User avatar
Silver_Owl
The Don
Posts: 7361
Joined: 27 Sep 2003, 18:52

dtsom wrote:
Hom_Corleone wrote:Hopefully they'll be on on Sunday. I don't fancy doing a weekend but a day ticket would be great. :D
saturday 5th July

http://www.the-sisters-of-mercy.com/news/livenews.htm
Aha! Thanks Steve. :D
We forgive as we forget
As the day is long.
Depprocksfarfar
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth
Posts: 302
Joined: 07 Apr 2005, 18:16

Now this is strange!

Updated here:
http://www.the-sisters-of-mercy.com/news/livenews.htm

But not here:
http://www.thesistersofmercy.com/news/livenews.htm


Bookmarking nowadays is such a lottery! :lol:
Last edited by Depprocksfarfar on 22 Jan 2014, 12:10, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
iesus
Overbomber
Posts: 3386
Joined: 15 Mar 2006, 11:15
Location: x-EU

Depprocksfarfar wrote:Now this is strange!

Updated here:
http://www.the-sisters-of-mercy.com/news/livenews.htm

But not here:
http://www.thesistersofmercy.com/news/livenews.htm

:lol:
Both pages the same on my Browsers in 2 pcs :wink:

Page of the second link is cached in your browser. Solution, clear cache, delete all temp files and reload page ;D
Goths play Golf too ...
"Someday! Someday, everything you need, is just gonna fall out of the sky..." -A.E. Reading 1991
Depprocksfarfar
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth
Posts: 302
Joined: 07 Apr 2005, 18:16

Ha ha, im just a complete fool then! :lol: So many news in such a short time is getting to me!
User avatar
ribbons69
Slight Overbomber
Posts: 1268
Joined: 24 Jan 2009, 12:57
Location: Kirkby in Ashfield,England

Disappointed by the choice of venue as I don't do festivals but heartened at least by the fact that the band are still going at least. Any chance of a warm up gig somewhere?
"I’ve seen Andrew Eldritch in an ice hockey shirt onstage, and I’ve given him the benefit of the doubt"
Tom G Warrior of Celtic Frost




we fall to rise
DrDoom
Road Kill
Posts: 45
Joined: 25 Mar 2002, 00:00

I would be very surprised if there was a warm up, unless there's a personel change.

The last time they played Sonisphere they went down well, so its not that surprising that they got invited back.
User avatar
LyanvisAberrant
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth
Posts: 510
Joined: 18 Mar 2013, 21:58
Location: Where the wild roses grow.
Contact:

Pista wrote:
Mav787 wrote:
LyanvisAberrant wrote: I have never read a statement so true.
Seconded.

If they'd turned down Alt-Fest's offer because they didn't want to play a UK festival then fair enough, but to accept to play Sonisphere instead is just perverse.

Imagine how many people would be at Alt-Fest who may have stopped going to Sisters gigs but would then have the chance to get into the band again. I can't see many Iron Maiden fans checking out the Sisters.
Thirded. They actually turned Alt-Fest Down because they won't play the same event as the Nephs.
Now that's just petty.
A man with a fictitious grin pondered the terrain in which he flooded with anguish, for this is England. The lion cannot be tamed, this is the game.
User avatar
panzerfaust
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth
Posts: 269
Joined: 15 Apr 2008, 12:21

ok lets write down the setlist, guess we all know there will be no surprises
Depprocksfarfar
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth
Posts: 302
Joined: 07 Apr 2005, 18:16

"You could be the one"? :innocent:
User avatar
mh
Underneath the Rock
Posts: 7469
Joined: 23 Jun 2003, 14:41
Location: A civilized European city

Far Parade :innocent: :innocent:
Trigonometry. It's a sin.
User avatar
damagedone
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth
Posts: 588
Joined: 04 Jul 2010, 19:25
Location: from around

good news eventhough i don't really fancy these festivals.Still we are all happy and i might somehow go to this one if there is no other dates where i don't have to bother with tens of thousends of people :)
Keep Music Evil
User avatar
bangles
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth
Posts: 488
Joined: 16 Oct 2006, 10:05
Location: in the garden... growing potatos by the score

LyanvisAberrant wrote:
Pista wrote:
Mav787 wrote: Seconded.

If they'd turned down Alt-Fest's offer because they didn't want to play a UK festival then fair enough, but to accept to play Sonisphere instead is just perverse.

Imagine how many people would be at Alt-Fest who may have stopped going to Sisters gigs but would then have the chance to get into the band again. I can't see many Iron Maiden fans checking out the Sisters.
Thirded. They actually turned Alt-Fest Down because they won't play the same event as the Nephs.
Now that's just petty.
nearly sure they played Mera Luna a few years ago with The Neph on the same bill. The Misson too...
Love has gone away and there's no one here now and there's nothing left to say but, oh how I miss him, baby..
User avatar
Being645
Above the Chemist
Posts: 12687
Joined: 09 Apr 2009, 12:54
Location: reconstruction status: 76,8%

They did: http://sisterswiki.org/Sat,_12-Aug-2000

... and it was one of the best concerts ever with at least 3 bootleg CDs coming out of that ... 8) ...
User avatar
Garbageman
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth
Posts: 711
Joined: 31 Oct 2008, 00:16
Location: Cumming

North America I can feel a visit soon.....Atlanta is waiting.
Like pushing a marsmallow into a piggy bank
User avatar
Silver_Owl
The Don
Posts: 7361
Joined: 27 Sep 2003, 18:52

damagedone wrote:good news eventhough i don't really fancy these festivals.Still we are all happy and i might somehow go to this one if there is no other dates where i don't have to bother with tens of thousends of people :)
My thinking too.
Although I haven't been to a festival in years.
£215 for the weekend with camping. Seems a bit steep...
but I could be persuaded. :P
We forgive as we forget
As the day is long.
User avatar
psichonaut
Overbomber
Posts: 2709
Joined: 29 Mar 2007, 20:37
Location: somewhere in time in italy
Contact:

Hom_Corleone wrote:
damagedone wrote:good news eventhough i don't really fancy these festivals.Still we are all happy and i might somehow go to this one if there is no other dates where i don't have to bother with tens of thousends of people :)
My thinking too.
Although I haven't been to a festival in years.
£215 for the weekend with camping. Seems a bit steep...
but I could be persuaded. :P
you are too old for festivals, aren't you? :lol:
thanks...my Lord...i'm unbeliver
tear up your pants for psicho...and jump on him
User avatar
Silver_Owl
The Don
Posts: 7361
Joined: 27 Sep 2003, 18:52

psichonaut wrote:
Hom_Corleone wrote:
damagedone wrote:good news eventhough i don't really fancy these festivals.Still we are all happy and i might somehow go to this one if there is no other dates where i don't have to bother with tens of thousends of people :)
My thinking too.
Although I haven't been to a festival in years.
£215 for the weekend with camping. Seems a bit steep...
but I could be persuaded. :P
you are too old for festivals, aren't you? :lol:
:lol:
I just asked the wife to buy me a ticket for my birthday.
Her response was 'Who do you know who's sad enough to go with you?
You can't go on your own. I'm not being married to someone who goes to festivals on their own!'.

Nice. :roll:

:lol:
We forgive as we forget
As the day is long.
User avatar
psichonaut
Overbomber
Posts: 2709
Joined: 29 Mar 2007, 20:37
Location: somewhere in time in italy
Contact:

Hom_Corleone wrote:
psichonaut wrote:
Hom_Corleone wrote: My thinking too.
Although I haven't been to a festival in years.
£215 for the weekend with camping. Seems a bit steep...
but I could be persuaded. :P
you are too old for festivals, aren't you? :lol:
:lol:
I just asked the wife to buy me a ticket for my birthday.
Her response was 'Who do you know who's sad enough to go
with you?
You can't go on your own. I'm not being married to someone who goes to festivals on their own!'.

Nice. :roll:

:lol:
:lol:
thanks...my Lord...i'm unbeliver
tear up your pants for psicho...and jump on him
User avatar
Nikolas Vitus Lagartija
Overbomber
Posts: 2452
Joined: 04 Aug 2011, 23:35
Location: Scotland
Contact:

Hom_Corleone wrote: ... the wife...
Cor blimey, guv'nor ! You go and see Chas'n'Dave once and you've gone all cockney on us.
User avatar
Izzy HaveMercy
The Worlds Greatest Living Belgian
Posts: 8831
Joined: 29 Jan 2002, 00:00
Location: Long Dark Forties
Contact:

Worth it for Devin Townsend alone... also, Maiden, Slayer, Alice In Chains, Anthrax....

With that line-up, maybe the Sissies come to Graspop Belgium this year! :lol:

(not that they would be my FIRST choice of bands to go and see at Graspop ;) )

IZ.
.
.
For Greater Good - Ambient Music for the Masses...
.
.
User avatar
radiojamaica
Overbomber
Posts: 4852
Joined: 11 Apr 2005, 16:51
Location: Tower of Bass

Izzy HaveMercy wrote: (not that they would be my FIRST choice of bands to go and see at Graspop ;) )

IZ.

Nah, we 'd probably be somewhere at the bar, looking at the pretty lights!
Yeah right... like I could not go mosh just a little bit ;D
in dub we trust
User avatar
Izzy HaveMercy
The Worlds Greatest Living Belgian
Posts: 8831
Joined: 29 Jan 2002, 00:00
Location: Long Dark Forties
Contact:

radiojamaica wrote:
Izzy HaveMercy wrote: (not that they would be my FIRST choice of bands to go and see at Graspop ;) )

IZ.

Nah, we 'd probably be somewhere at the bar, looking at the pretty lights!
Yeah right... like I could not go mosh just a little bit ;D
We could do a relaxing mosh on Body Electric, just to give our muscles a rest before Carcass start their gig, for example :lol:

IZ.
.
.
For Greater Good - Ambient Music for the Masses...
.
.
Locked