22.05.2014 AB Brussels

Gig news, reviews, set lists, thoughts, comments and observations on The Sisters live in 2014
Victim of Circumstance
Slight Overbomber

So, let us know, how is, was the gig?
Kommt Zeit,
kommt Rat,
kommt Attentat.
stefan moermans
Slight Overbomber

Sisters on speed, loved it :-) B-)
MUSICA È
Victim of Circumstance
Slight Overbomber

stefan moermans wrote:Sisters on speed, loved it :-) B-)
Sounds interesting, setlist?
Kommt Zeit,
kommt Rat,
kommt Attentat.
mh
Above the Chemist

Yes, setlist?

Good Things? Adrenochrome? Home of the Hitmen? Far Parade ( :eek: )?
If I told them once, I told them a hundred times to put 'Spinal Tap' first and 'Puppet Show' last.
stefan moermans
Slight Overbomber

according to me it sounded the same as last 2 days, but I've never seen Von interacting with the public in this way. Most of the times it's restricted to one interaction but now he couldn't get enough of it it seemed to me.

Have been following the gigs since 2006 in Belgium and this one was soundwise and ligthshow pretty much the best.

Sounded also as if they changed quite some of the harmonies in the songs specially the beginnings, maybe I'm just getting old or saw the ligth after my fall 3 weeks ago hahahaha
MUSICA È
stefan moermans
Slight Overbomber

mh wrote:Yes, setlist?

Good Things? Adrenochrome? Home of the Hitmen? Far Parade ( :eek: )?
Those who were on amphetamines migth have heard those songs :twisted: ;D :twisted: :urff: :von: :von:
MUSICA È
VonII
Amphetamine Filth

For me, it started out as disappointing. The backing vocals seemed to be a bit lower in the mix than the recordings I heard of previous shows on this tour, so at least there was that. Blood Money, which is one of my "extra favourite" songs, really disappointed me.

HOWEVER, when Flood II came along, he really did some extra effort and we got to hear some of the voice that makes us all love TSOM. Seeing and hearing him shouting FLOOOOOOOOOOOOD almost brought a tear to my eye. And he continued most of his "older" and unique vocal style throughout most of the songs that came after, although Flood II only came on about 3/5th of the setlist. One of the best shows I heard in the last years, just a shame they came short on Blood Money and a few other songs early in the setlist which deserved more of the power that he gave later in the set. He also said "It's good to be home", or something along those lines, don't know if that's just something he likes to say, or something he said because he meant it :P (since there seems to be strong fanbase in Belgium).

Ran into Ben Christo in the lobby an hour after the show. We started talking, but we were interrupted after a few seconds by other fans who wanted a picture. Didn't bother to try again to talk to him later. I did want to hear his opinion about AE's new facial styling, hehe. :lol:

This is just my opinion, and not persay an accurate description, just what I experienced.
I do not necessarily agree with everything I think. -AE
radiojamaica
Overbomber

Another fun night!

Gig was good, but nothing exceptional. Allthough Valentine was kinda magic and yeah, Kiss The Carpet does the trick quite nicely too 8)
I'm so for the surf covers. Pipeline was jolly good fun and Misirlou also great in its Sisters' jacket! Good energy & all that!
What was really weird was to hear Top Nite Out midset and to not hear Dominion at all :eek: Weird, but nice to see them messing up the setlist and throwing us out of balance... Unexpected things was not always their thing, right?

I also think it became better halfway after TNO/Flood etc. Hell, I even loved This Corrosion and that's a song I had on my 'they don't have to play that ever again'-list
Eldritch was into it and seemed to feel jolly good. Ben on the other hand I have never seen this calm. To me he looked like having a hangover, but yeah, when in Belgium... ;D

The meetings with everybody during and afterwards made it all a real top nite out and I'm very much looking forward to LUX on Saturday. See y'all there :D :notworthy:

Oh yeah, I made 1 snapshot from the pit to try and catch the atmosphere (following the Z policy of 1 gig/1 quick pic!):

I'm so sorry for that, Christophe :wink:
in dub we trust
paul
Overbomber

Nice to see you people again! As said before, a slow start, but after a few songs things got kicking! They even reached a decent sound level in the end.

The band had fun on stage, Ravy Davy did a good job en The Man Himself stated something like: "Its good to be home" before he walked off stage.

I loved The Reptile House stuff they played! Blood Money was nice, and Misirlou was great fun!

So, next: Lux!
robertzombie
Overbomber

Great gig, no surprises. Highlights for me were Lucretia and Valentine. Good sound, not as good as the Roundhouse ;)
hellboy69
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Good to hear you guys had a Hard Rockin' one Robert :D

Edit: just found setlist online but i think wrong one! (says Dominion was played, and no Top Nite Out mid-set???)
http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/the-siste ... 089aa.html

Was arockandaharrrrrrrdplace back in?
radiojamaica
Overbomber

hellboy69 wrote:Good to hear you guys had a Hard Rockin' one Robert :D

Edit: just found setlist online but i think wrong one! (says Dominion was played, and no Top Nite Out mid-set???)
http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/the-siste ... 089aa.html

Was arockandaharrrrrrrdplace back in?
ARAAHP was not played. Still a bit cross about that. Dominion deffo not played...
in dub we trust
radiojamaica
Overbomber

robertzombie wrote:Good sound, not as good as the Roundhouse ;)

+1
in dub we trust
hellboy69

radiojamaica wrote:ARAAHP was not played. Still a bit cross about that.

Shame!
radiojamaica wrote:Dominion deffo not played...
Cheers (seems the setlist.fm poster was on cake) ;)
Venus
Amphetamine Filth

The Sisters were great, as always! :D
Ozpat
From the Lowlands

Venus wrote:The Sisters were great, as always! :D
Yes they were! Great night! Highlight: Kiss The Carpet... :notworthy:
"as we walk on the floodland"
Joy

"Music is there to enrich your life and make you aware of things in a slightly different way."
Ozpat
From the Lowlands

Dr. Jeep/Det. Blvd is not on that setlist mentioned on setlist.fm!
"as we walk on the floodland"
robertzombie
Overbomber

Lovely videos!
Joy

"Music is there to enrich your life and make you aware of things in a slightly different way."
dinky daisy
Slight Overbomber

No Suzanne, Giving Ground or Summer... You need at least Jolene, Bei Mir Bist du Schön, John im only dancing or Capricorn.
guns & cars & accidents
Being645
Above the Chemist

I loved the gig ... started slow but developed many new impressions within the sound and everything ... ;D :notworthy: ...

... and I loved meeting you all (and a few more people who are not here) ... ;D :notworthy: ...

Very remarkable was also the AB audience chorus - great pleasure ... :lol: ;D :notworthy: ...

Next time I should come to Brussels I clearly need to take a rest in that Asian quarter,
where the air is filled with the tempting odour of shells, seafruit and fish ... hahh ... only passing through that alley was joy ... ;D ...

I also found a lovely arcade around ... very pretty ... ;D ... (although not as lovely as the old and not so hi-end wooden one in Leeds)
and the city square with all these wonderful Belgian buildings (like in Antwerp) ... Brussels is definitely worth a visit, even without a Sisters gig ... :lol: ;D ...

I'm still very tired, did not have much sleep today and won't get much further today ...
but hell, this way, I can enjoy the pleasant anticipation of checking the vids for a few hours longer ...

BTW, thanks to Mrs. & Mr. Blonde and poison-door.net, here's a complete setlist:

MrBlonde
Amphetamine Filth

Ghostrider1
Road Kill

sadly, for the first time in over 10 years i couldn't make it there..
my lovely 1 year old daughter Emma was ill so i couldn't make it.. does anyone know if there's a complete set download somewhere?

damn it's been a while that i've been here.. couldn't remember my password and my old account had my old email.. so i couldn't recover :/
Nikolas Vitus Lagartija
Overbomber

Joy wrote: When You Don't See Me

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fWNHuS-YT_U
WYDSM has never been one of my favourite songs but this is the cleanest sound I have heard on a vid from a Sisters gig for some time. Seems like the guys are well into it and getting better gig by gig :notworthy: