26.05.2014 Hamburg Docks

Gig news, reviews, set lists, thoughts, comments and observations on The Sisters live in 2014
vicus
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

More
Ribbons
When You Don't See Me
Blood Money
Alice
Crash and Burn
Gift That Shines
Still
Amphetamine Logic
Arms
Doctor Jeep / Detonation Boulevard
Top Nite Out
Valentine
Flood II
This Corrosion

Kiss the Carpet
Lucretia My Reflection
Vision Thing

First and Last and Always
Misirlou
Temple of Love
"Am Anfang wurde das Universum erschaffen.
Das machte viele Leute sehr wütend und wurde allenthalben als Schritt in die falsche Richtung angesehen."

http://www.poison-door.net/
radiojamaica
Overbomber

DocSommer wrote:Thought we hear something new at some point but then it was just flood :P

:notworthy: :lol: :notworthy:
in dub we trust
MrBlonde
Amphetamine Filth

They played FALAA between after Arms and Dominion as one of the encores.
Being645
Above the Chemist

MrBlonde wrote:They played FALAA between after Arms and Dominion as one of the encores.
Thanks for the correction. Hhm, remaining question is WHEN did they play Dominion then? ... :?: ...
MrBlonde
Amphetamine Filth

FALAA AFTER Arms (not between) and Dominion before Misirlou.
Bine
Amphetamine Filth

In my opinion it was a great concert, but my last Sisters gig is about 12 years ago so maybe it doesn't need much to make me happy :lol:

I made some snapshots (yes, there wasn't smoke all the time on stage ;D) and if anyone likes to see them, just click here:

Sisters Hamburg 2014

Unfortunately I wasn't able to meet some of you at "Fritz Bauch" cause I hadn't time to drive that early to Hamburg. It would have been really nice to meet some of you there :(
Joy

Bine wrote:In my opinion it was a great concert, but my last Sisters gig is about 12 years ago so maybe it doesn't need much to make me happy :lol:

I made some snapshots (yes, there wasn't smoke all the time on stage ;D) and if anyone likes to see them, just click here:

Sisters Hamburg 2014

Unfortunately I wasn't able to meet some of you at "Fritz Bauch" cause I hadn't time to drive that early to Hamburg. It would have been really nice to meet some of you there :(
:eek: :!: :notworthy: :notworthy: Amazing pics! Thank you!
"Music is there to enrich your life and make you aware of things in a slightly different way."
vicus

MrBlonde wrote:FALAA AFTER Arms (not between) and Dominion before Misirlou.
so it was:

More
Ribbons
When You Don't See Me
Blood Money
Alice
Crash and Burn
Gift That Shines
Still
Amphetamine Logic
Arms
First And Last And Always
Doctor Jeep / Detonation Boulevard
Top Nite Out
Valentine
Flood II
This Corrosion

Kiss the Carpet
Lucretia My Reflection
Vision Thing

Dominion
Misirlou
Temple of Love
"Am Anfang wurde das Universum erschaffen.
Das machte viele Leute sehr wütend und wurde allenthalben als Schritt in die falsche Richtung angesehen."

http://www.poison-door.net/
Nikolas Vitus Lagartija
Overbomber

radiojamaica wrote:
DocSommer wrote:Thought we hear something new at some point but then it was just flood :P

:notworthy: :lol: :notworthy:
Yep, got me with that one too. They do like to tease !
Sita

I wonder what's holding up my sister. She said she'd join HL and write a review of the Hamburg gig. Maybe she had a look around and you lot scared her ;D

just kidding
Nikolas Vitus Lagartija
Overbomber

The first Sisters gig review I have seen done in rhyming couplets :
http://www.keinverlag.de/texte.php?text=363378
E.J. Thribb, eat your heart out.
Sita

Nikolas Vitus Lagartija wrote:The first Sisters gig review I have seen done in rhyming couplets :
"nach all den jahren wurd es wahr
sie waren einfach wunderbar
andrew eldritch, sistergründer
gothicmetalrockerfinder
..."

I bet Eldritch would be so happy to hear that! :lol: :notworthy:
Being645
Above the Chemist

Nikolas Vitus Lagartija wrote:The first Sisters gig review I have seen done in rhyming couplets :
:lol: :lol: ... sehr nett ... :notworthy: :notworthy: ....
Victim of Circumstance
Slight Overbomber

Nice, indeed :notworthy:

I wonder, if someone from here wrote this?
Kommt Zeit,
kommt Rat,
kommt Attentat.
Being645
Above the Chemist

Phoenix
Road Kill

Hi, I hope that this is the right place for a review? Because I want to tell you something about the gig in Hamburg. :) Ok, i'm just starting...

One week ago I set out for a journey into the past - I had tickets for the imminent gig in Hamburg! The music of the Sisters accompanied me through my teenage years and I associate much with the music... The whole day I was sooo excited! In the evening me and some friends arrived in time at the Docks. The support... Well... I'm sorry, but I found them creepy. Some songs weren’t bad. But I pitied the languishing band members. Perhaps I should have tried the drugs they had taken? Maybe I would have liked the music better.

After a seemingly endless pause... The gig began!! I was in the second row. It was dark, fog around us. The sisters strucked directly with More! This opener almost brought tears to my eyes, and immense goose bumps to my arms. Friends of mine, who were several rows behind me, afterwards complained about very bad and mushy sound. But the sound in front of the stage was great. A guitar storm beyond compare rained during the whole gig down on me, and I think the songs were played harder and more brutal than on CD.

I fought with tears, because it was so beautiful. And I was shaken by a sneezing attack and I felt a little dizzy due to the excessive use of dry ice. But getting into the mosh pit in front of stages boosted my shaky circulation. And Mr. Eldritch was… I have no words, I'm in love. :notworthy: After he had taken off his jacket, he really started! Every now and then he showed us a slight hip swinging. He played with the mist, emerged from it and disappeared deliberately. I confess – he had completely captivated me with this charismatic appearance. He has never been as hot as this, and he had more Sex Appeal than ever. Yeah, I think I'm in love! Andrew seemed to enjoy the gig, towards the end he smiled and laughed. I thought at one point he seemed to enjoy it more than he should, if you catch my drift. Dirty bastard, hehehe! Or the dry ice was playing tricks on my vision, who knows… Oh, and another unbelievable thing – the guitarist Chris Catalyst inhaled during a song directly from the dry ice machine and blew a huge cloud of dry fog into the audience. Hats off, that he survived without visible dizziness and could continue playing!

All in all it was a terrific performance. Many fast songs, very impressive. Unfortunately I can’t remember every single title they played, but with songs like More, Alice, First and Last and Always and This Corrosion we got some firecrackers in the audience. This Corrosion closed the first part of the gig. But after enough "Encore" yelling and clapping the Sisters honoured us with their presence on stage again, because songs including Vision Thing cannot be missing. Vision thing was the song I liked the very best this evening. Mr. Eldritch and his boys ended the gig with Temple of love.

Sweaty, bruised and with a screeching voice I sailed home in my car on a wave of happiness. And now I regret that there are virtually no sisters DVDs. I need to have Mr. Eldritch and the Sisters again! <3 <3 <3
Being645
Above the Chemist

Thanks for this great review, Phoenix ... :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: ...

That absolutely sounds like a fantastic gig full of joy on all parts !!! ... :lol: ;D ...
Phoenix
Road Kill

Being645 wrote:Thanks for this great review, Phoenix ... :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: ...

That absolutely sounds like a fantastic gig full of joy on all parts !!! ... :lol: ;D ...
Thanks! :D I am very pleased that you like my little report! It was a FANTASTIC gig full of joy and happiness!! And I think Andrew has gained over the years, I liked him yet never so much as now! And I found actually a DVD on the Internet called "Turning around at the Roundhouse". The sound is not so good, but at least I can watch the sisters from now live in my living room and enjoy it. :)
Joy

Phoenix wrote:Hi, I hope that this is the right place for a review? Because I want to tell you something about the gig in Hamburg. :) Ok, i'm just starting...

One week ago I set out for a journey into the past - I had tickets for the imminent gig in Hamburg! The music of the Sisters accompanied me through my teenage years and I associate much with the music... The whole day I was sooo excited! In the evening me and some friends arrived in time at the Docks. The support... Well... I'm sorry, but I found them creepy. Some songs weren’t bad. But I pitied the languishing band members. Perhaps I should have tried the drugs they had taken? Maybe I would have liked the music better.

After a seemingly endless pause... The gig began!! I was in the second row. It was dark, fog around us. The sisters strucked directly with More! This opener almost brought tears to my eyes, and immense goose bumps to my arms. Friends of mine, who were several rows behind me, afterwards complained about very bad and mushy sound. But the sound in front of the stage was great. A guitar storm beyond compare rained during the whole gig down on me, and I think the songs were played harder and more brutal than on CD.

I fought with tears, because it was so beautiful. And I was shaken by a sneezing attack and I felt a little dizzy due to the excessive use of dry ice. But getting into the mosh pit in front of stages boosted my shaky circulation. And Mr. Eldritch was… I have no words, I'm in love. :notworthy: After he had taken off his jacket, he really started! Every now and then he showed us a slight hip swinging. He played with the mist, emerged from it and disappeared deliberately. I confess – he had completely captivated me with this charismatic appearance. He has never been as hot as this, and he had more Sex Appeal than ever. Yeah, I think I'm in love! Andrew seemed to enjoy the gig, towards the end he smiled and laughed. I thought at one point he seemed to enjoy it more than he should, if you catch my drift. Dirty bastard, hehehe! Or the dry ice was playing tricks on my vision, who knows… Oh, and another unbelievable thing – the guitarist Chris Catalyst inhaled during a song directly from the dry ice machine and blew a huge cloud of dry fog into the audience. Hats off, that he survived without visible dizziness and could continue playing!

All in all it was a terrific performance. Many fast songs, very impressive. Unfortunately I can’t remember every single title they played, but with songs like More, Alice, First and Last and Always and This Corrosion we got some firecrackers in the audience. This Corrosion closed the first part of the gig. But after enough "Encore" yelling and clapping the Sisters honoured us with their presence on stage again, because songs including Vision Thing cannot be missing. Vision thing was the song I liked the very best this evening. Mr. Eldritch and his boys ended the gig with Temple of love.

Sweaty, bruised and with a screeching voice I sailed home in my car on a wave of happiness. And now I regret that there are virtually no sisters DVDs. I need to have Mr. Eldritch and the Sisters again! <3 <3 <3
He has never been as hot as this, and he had more Sex Appeal than ever. Yeah, I think I'm in love!
He is so charismatic… it makes you gasp for breath…
I tried not to make it a very long story but I can’t help telling you…
He has very strong and resolute arms and such a smile that makes you forget what you were about to say 1 second before.
I thought at one point he seemed to enjoy it more than he should, if you catch my drift.
A perfectly understand what you mean… it just had to be noticed a few times…
"Music is there to enrich your life and make you aware of things in a slightly different way."
RibbonGirl
Road Kill

Phoenix wrote:
He has never been as hot as this, and he had more Sex Appeal than ever. Yeah, I think I'm in love!
He is so charismatic… it makes you gasp for breath…
I tried not to make it a very long story but I can’t help telling you…
He has very strong and resolute arms and such a smile that makes you forget what you were about to say 1 second before.
I hate both of you, seriously. (terribly jealous here) :lol: :?
Talk to them, talk to someone,
Talk to me, or
Paint it on a wall,
But never stay in silence,
As silence kills.