24.05.2013 Rockhal, Esch-sur-Alzette, Luxembourg

Gig news, reviews, set lists, thoughts, comments and observations on The Sisters live in 2014
User avatar
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed
Posts: 7855
Joined: 24 Mar 2005, 00:01
Location: above the chemist
Contact:

Chris Catalyst on Twitter wrote: A gig - especially one of ours - is no place for bullies, and that goes for anyone, no matter who they are 'mates' with.

Big bloke in the moshpit throwing his weight about. Pushing people over etc. Knob.

I know that a bit of pushing and shoving is part of the 'thing' down the front, but this prick was way over the top, and wouldn't stop.
wow! that must have been some pretty bad behaviour for the band to stop playing! of course, in the old days anyone not playing nicely would have got properly stomped in the due course of things...wonder who he was? (and who he was mates with, as Chris put it?)
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth Is Dead :cry:
LONG LIVE GONZOID AMPHETAMINE FILTH!
:bat:
GC
Slight Overbomber
Posts: 1004
Joined: 27 Dec 2005, 22:05

eastmidswhizzkid wrote:
Chris Catalyst on Twitter wrote: A gig - especially one of ours - is no place for bullies, and that goes for anyone, no matter who they are 'mates' with.

Big bloke in the moshpit throwing his weight about. Pushing people over etc. Knob.

I know that a bit of pushing and shoving is part of the 'thing' down the front, but this prick was way over the top, and wouldn't stop.
wow! that must have been some pretty bad behaviour for the band to stop playing! of course, in the old days anyone not playing nicely would have got properly stomped in the due course of things...wonder who he was? (and who he was mates with, as Chris put it?)
Wayne?
User avatar
dinky daisy
Slight Overbomber
Posts: 1023
Joined: 08 Apr 2006, 14:25
Location: amsterdamned

Simon Denbigh?
guns & cars & accidents
User avatar
Ozpat
From the Lowlands
Posts: 6759
Joined: 16 Aug 2005, 13:14
Location: In the place through which we wander.

1. Great gig! Clear voice. Von in a good mood.
2. Same setlist as Brussels.
3. Inspite of what Chris said; they did not stop the show! Just made remarks before an encore and after the show.
4. During Miserlou Von was not happy with the sound of his microphone and did a sound check while the boys were playing. Hilarious....
5. Halfway Vision Thing Von had troubles with the lyrics. Chris helped him out.

Chris was about the only one annoyed. There was no bully! Just a tall guy having fun. He was like 5 meters away from me and everything was fine. No idea what got into Chris. Misunderstanding? Everyone was surprised....you'd even be surprised. Believe me...
"as we walk on the floodland"
User avatar
radiojamaica
Overbomber
Posts: 4852
Joined: 11 Apr 2005, 16:51
Location: Tower of Bass

What Ozpat said: word for word! :notworthy:

For me a great, great gig and too bad it ended with the Catalyst rant what nobody seemed to understand what it was about exactly.
Von's cheeky 'Oops' afterwards was fun though :wink:
in dub we trust
User avatar
radiojamaica
Overbomber
Posts: 4852
Joined: 11 Apr 2005, 16:51
Location: Tower of Bass

found some pics here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/pitschspi ... 815510281/

Some familiar faces there :D
in dub we trust
User avatar
Nikolas Vitus Lagartija
Overbomber
Posts: 2452
Joined: 04 Aug 2011, 23:35
Location: Scotland
Contact:

:notworthy: Thanks for sharing these, @MrBlonde. The sound is crystal clear again - band on top form !
User avatar
paul
Overbomber
Posts: 3205
Joined: 02 Apr 2002, 01:00

True what Ozpat said! Nice gig, good vocals and an enthousiastic crowd.

I can imagine Chris being upset about something he noticed in the moshpit, but IMO he picked out the wrong guy :(

cheers!
Bartek
Underneath the Rock
Posts: 5878
Joined: 17 Sep 2005, 10:47

maybe was a repercussion after Prague incident?
User avatar
Sita
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth
Posts: 894
Joined: 29 Jan 2010, 15:45

WHOA! The shirt!!!
结庐在人境,而无车马喧。问君何能尔?心远地自偏。
User avatar
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed
Posts: 7855
Joined: 24 Mar 2005, 00:01
Location: above the chemist
Contact:

thanks to all attendees for their versions of events...whatever chris's reason we must agree it is a completely different perspective being on stage. just glad to hear that it wasn't as bad as all that and i'm glad you all enjoyed yourselves. 8)
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth Is Dead :cry:
LONG LIVE GONZOID AMPHETAMINE FILTH!
:bat:
User avatar
Brad
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth
Posts: 660
Joined: 22 Jan 2003, 18:25
Location: Canada

Judging by Von's new look, I'd guess he's been busy watching the NHL playoffs.

http://realhockeynews.com/2012/07/23/do ... ings-star/
User avatar
Joy
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth
Posts: 636
Joined: 10 Oct 2013, 18:50

Chris commenting on the bullying at the end.

Temple Of Love

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=p ... 1o1CnX0ArA
"Music is there to enrich your life and make you aware of things in a slightly different way."
User avatar
dinky daisy
Slight Overbomber
Posts: 1023
Joined: 08 Apr 2006, 14:25
Location: amsterdamned

What surprises me more after watching the vid: the overall good quality and good response of the audience. I thought i'd seen it all after a decade. Maybe they DO grow during a tour?
guns & cars & accidents
User avatar
Being645
Above the Chemist
Posts: 12687
Joined: 09 Apr 2009, 12:54
Location: reconstruction status: 76,8%

Wonderful photos and great videos with indeed a perfect sound ... thank you all for these ... ;D ;D ;D :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: ...

* I have (of course) used all of the latter in the SistersWiki ... :lol: ...

Sita wrote:WHOA! The shirt!!!

Nice ... :D ... though, the one of Chris is even nicer ... ;D ;D ...

eastmidswhizzkid wrote:thanks to all attendees for their versions of events...whatever chris's reason we must agree it is a completely different perspective being on stage. just glad to hear that it wasn't as bad as all that ...
Absolutely!
User avatar
Being645
Above the Chemist
Posts: 12687
Joined: 09 Apr 2009, 12:54
Location: reconstruction status: 76,8%

Alice / Crash And Burn ... :twisted: :lol: ;D ...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5QkkdDJ8_ds

Hell, all lucky you who were at this great gig! ;D
User avatar
Being645
Above the Chemist
Posts: 12687
Joined: 09 Apr 2009, 12:54
Location: reconstruction status: 76,8%

Being645 wrote:
eastmidswhizzkid wrote:thanks to all attendees for their versions of events...whatever chris's reason we must agree it is a completely different perspective being on stage. just glad to hear that it wasn't as bad as all that ...
Absolutely!
I wish to add that no matter whether it was not as bad, I find it very kind that The Sisters do care about how people behave towards each other
in their fanbase and during their gigs! To me, this is (and has always been) an important point counting for them... :kiss: ...
and IMHO, it is clear, that their means to do so and to perceive what's possibly going on are limited... :wink: ... and that it is also upon us to see to that ourselves ... :wink: ...
User avatar
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed
Posts: 7855
Joined: 24 Mar 2005, 00:01
Location: above the chemist
Contact:

Being645 wrote:
Being645 wrote:
eastmidswhizzkid wrote:thanks to all attendees for their versions of events...whatever chris's reason we must agree it is a completely different perspective being on stage. just glad to hear that it wasn't as bad as all that ...
Absolutely!
I wish to add that no matter whether it was not as bad, I find it very kind that The Sisters do care about how people behave towards each other
in their fanbase and during their gigs! To me, this is (and has always been) an important point counting for them... :kiss: ...
and IMHO, it is clear, that their means to do so and to perceive what's possibly going on are limited... :wink: ... and that it is also upon us to see to that ourselves ... :wink: ...
absolutely. and i agree on all points. 8)
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth Is Dead :cry:
LONG LIVE GONZOID AMPHETAMINE FILTH!
:bat:
User avatar
jost 7
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth
Posts: 896
Joined: 21 Jan 2004, 21:19
Location: the playground

Its good they care indeed, which is possible in small venues :-)
In 2011 in hamburg watching the mischon, graig stopped, jumped into the audience and "escorted" a guy from the moshpit who seemed to having pushed some girl too hard out of the venue.
love is just a shot away
User avatar
paul
Overbomber
Posts: 3205
Joined: 02 Apr 2002, 01:00

User avatar
Joy
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth
Posts: 636
Joined: 10 Oct 2013, 18:50

Being645 wrote:
Being645 wrote:
eastmidswhizzkid wrote:thanks to all attendees for their versions of events...whatever chris's reason we must agree it is a completely different perspective being on stage. just glad to hear that it wasn't as bad as all that ...
Absolutely!
I wish to add that no matter whether it was not as bad, I find it very kind that The Sisters do care about how people behave towards each other
in their fanbase and during their gigs! To me, this is (and has always been) an important point counting for them... :kiss: ...
and IMHO, it is clear, that their means to do so and to perceive what's possibly going on are limited... :wink: ... and that it is also upon us to see to that ourselves ... :wink: ...
In Vienna one of the girls was not well in the first lines and the security guys pulled her out. As soon as he noticed it, Von went to the edge of the stage and was singing there… but watching with worry if everything was okay and he stepped back when he saw that the security guys had her and there was not big trouble. It is very heart-warming that they care about their fans.
"Music is there to enrich your life and make you aware of things in a slightly different way."
User avatar
Being645
Above the Chemist
Posts: 12687
Joined: 09 Apr 2009, 12:54
Location: reconstruction status: 76,8%

paul wrote:I agree to a certain level, but :

http://everydaylife.globalpost.com/side ... -8170.html

:idea:
True, though I think it were a very new experience if we suddenly had to worry about such behaviour on part of The Sisters ... :lol: ...
User avatar
Nikolas Vitus Lagartija
Overbomber
Posts: 2452
Joined: 04 Aug 2011, 23:35
Location: Scotland
Contact:

jost 7 wrote:Its good they care indeed, which is possible in small venues :-)
In 2011 in hamburg watching the mischon, graig stopped, jumped into the audience and "escorted" a guy from the moshpit who seemed to having pushed some girl too hard out of the venue.
:lol: That was always Craig's role in the Sisters too. :von: used to warn people "That man is carrying a very heavy bass and if I were you ..." or words to that effect. They didn't always get the message.
User avatar
Joy
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth
Posts: 636
Joined: 10 Oct 2013, 18:50

Joy wrote:
Being645 wrote:
Being645 wrote: Absolutely!
I wish to add that no matter whether it was not as bad, I find it very kind that The Sisters do care about how people behave towards each other
in their fanbase and during their gigs! To me, this is (and has always been) an important point counting for them... :kiss: ...
and IMHO, it is clear, that their means to do so and to perceive what's possibly going on are limited... :wink: ... and that it is also upon us to see to that ourselves ... :wink: ...
In Vienna one of the girls was not well in the first lines and the security guys pulled her out. As soon as he noticed it, Von went to the edge of the stage and was singing there… but watching with worry if everything was okay and he stepped back when he saw that the security guys had her and there was not big trouble. It is very heart-warming that they care about their fans.
At that time under the impressions of the gigs I thought it had been in Vienna, but in fact it was in Linz.
Having seen my vids again I realised that it's actually on the vid.
Wacth from 4:00 to 4:25. (Von was watching if the girl could be taken out safely.) <3 <3

Linz - Dominion/Mother Russia
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vheDz7vClFk
"Music is there to enrich your life and make you aware of things in a slightly different way."
Locked