16.05.2014 Czyzynalia, Kraków, Poland

Gig news, reviews, set lists, thoughts, comments and observations on The Sisters live in 2014
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

what puzzling me is why poison door put their stamp on someone else digital poster?

any info, any help, write here on PM me, i'm here quite often, so i could help you.
sukhoi
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

Unfortunately, I have to skip the show. If anyone needs ticket (e-Ticket), send me a message...
petr
Right On Venom And Revenge
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

and that is a good news for someone who didn't buy ticked yet, because it was told me that it's not "unlimited" tickets, that it happened in past that it was sold-out.
meckert
Road Kill

Well, hope to see you all there. But the weather forecast isn't very favourable ... to say the least...

http://www.wunderground.com/weather-for ... rakow.html

Anyway , I got my umbrella and I'm leaving soon, not afraid of the Flood or Rain From Heaven...
8.04.03 - TSOM Warsaw
10.06.06 - TSOM Cracov
30.03.09 - TSOM Warsaw
16.05.14 - TSOM Cracov

procez.bandcamp.com
darciemordy.blogspot.com (sorry, in polish only)
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

Ok, boys and Girls, it turned out that i'm going to be there. not sure if at the gig, but anyhow see you there!
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

ticket secured, ~11€ - so i can live with that loss. very last chance.
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

Stage time for The Sisters is 12.30am.

That's 00.30 for you continental folk.

Well past my bedtime ;D

https://twitter.com/tsomofficial/status ... 8424278016
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

are you going to bed at 11:30 pm (GT)?
James Blast
Banned

Bartek wrote:Ok, boys and Girls, it turned out that i'm going to be there. not sure if at the gig, but anyhow see you there!
my heart is broken Bart, I honestly thought you were a man of principle, I can no longer call you 'friend' :|
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

:cry:
but I'm going there to meet Hlers - Lachert, Andrew and Sisterspics. If the tickes would cost more i would not spend my money on "that". and it was extremely spontaneous decision - i'm doing that on daily basis, i like to plan, plan and control.

and James, i'm vowing you that i'm not gonna have fun, it's gonna be bad experience for my ears, taste and, taking weather, my health.
James Blast
Banned

I await your honest review, "Oh my brother"

BTW, it's fine if you find something to enjoy. I trust you man.

Unkle Jam~es ;D :notworthy:
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

does that mean that i have your blessing?
:kiss:
James Blast
Banned

Oh course, we have been mates for too long.

Ya Baisturt! ;D
~ Peter Steele
jherek
Road Kill

gig ended around 2am & had an hour & twenty minute walk back from the disused airfield to our hotel in the centre of town.
But well worth it :)
Decent crowd, good sound & fun gig.
Andrew's vocals up way too high in the mix for the first song but quickly turned back down again.
Crowd slow to get into it but rocking by the end.
Two instrumentals with the return of Top Night Out - maybe to rest the vocal chords mid-set?!
As in Berlin When You Don't See Me, Valentine & Kiss the Carpet were my highlights.
Full set list:

More
Ribbons
When You Don't See Me
Blood Money
Alice
Crash and Burn
Gift That Shines
Still
Logic
Top Night Out
Arms
Valentine
Flood II
This Corrosion

Kiss the Carpet
Lucretia
Vision Thing
FALAA
Miserlou
Temple of Love
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

Exactly that setlist, in that order. Exceptional and unique. Two instrumental songs, no Dominion (for the first time since 1991?), no Something Fast. And another info about setlist is that Arms, at least on AE setlist, was putted in parentheses, but i guess that we were good puppies so they played it.

Against my better judgment, gig turned out to be - overall - good (obviously bar was set very low, like few inches from the ground). I enjoyed it, i had fun, lost my voice, probably annoyed people around me by my "singing" (except maybe Rafał and Andreas :wink: ), and for the more there is chance that i'm gonna see them again.

To be perfectly honest, we all know that if AE will not do something with his voice (like quitting smoke and/or do some regular, proper vox exercise) we might hear/listen only mumbles- grumbles. But, as i'm trying to be honest and as more objective as i can, i think that angry mumble - grumble fits perfectly to Valentine, and devilish - maniac laughter during Flood II is just mind blowing; but in the same time mumbling completely f**ked Flood II and Blood Money. We all know that boys are not Mr Whammy and Starling or Vajrak when it comes to guitar skills and wise, they doing things that we don't like and appreciate with songs that we like and admire (to name: Blood money, Marian), but they have enthusiasm that Pearson nor any other past members had (yes, i know, enthusiasm is not enough).

Sound was more and less like jherek described it. Started well, then quickly vocal was low in mix and AE begine to mumble, but it (vox) were back few times during gig. And it was loud enough!! (yes, this deserves two exclamation marks).

Crowd was into it (at least where i was/we were), though they didn't cooperated when we (Andreas, Rafał and i) stared to sing "happy b-day" and/or "hey now, hey now and, sing this corrosion to me" during one and only break. There was mosh pit, there was singing with band. But over all i think it was good feedback.

Band seemed to really enjoyed playing and i guess that once again Polish crowd did a good job and pleased them, even AE said something about that. AE respond to what people were doing (i heard that some dudes brought flag with painted on it "happy b-day Andrew", and he noticed that and even bow) and thanked us at the end of the gig, at least three times by simply saying that - but not to the mic - and pointing whole audience by sweeping (?) hand movement. AE was here, there and everywhere, Ben and Chris also.

It was very nice to met HLers in real life, hope that we meet again here or there. Slute Andreas, Jens, Andrew, Simone and Rafał! And enjoy rest of the gigs!
Spiggythecat
Amphetamine Filth

thanks Bartek for review
just cant stand to wait till tomorrow in Gasometer
greeting from cold and rainy Vienna
And the kissing and the colours come crushing down
Ozpat
From the Lowlands

Thanks for the review Bartek.
"as we walk on the floodland"
Arek
Road Kill

@Bartek: Are You talking about that? :)

@anybody: Full recording from yesterday needed, please!!![/img]
radiojamaica
Overbomber

Thanx for the reviews guys! :notworthy:

Seems like all had good fun at the gig and that is what Sisters gigs are for nowadays.
It's not that they have to promote themselves or their music anymore, it's that old saturday job, so just let go and sing along & dance & groove.
For some that's not enough and I respect that (hell, I've been there myself the first few years of the new millenium), but they have given me a lot of good times and that must earn them at least some good karma (next to a bit of cash) ;D

(and now I go nurse my hangover before I get all emotional and stuff ):wink:
in dub we trust
abridged
Slight Overbomber

radiojamaica wrote:Thanx for the reviews guys! :notworthy:

Seems like all had good fun at the gig and that is what Sisters gigs are for nowadays.
It's not that they have to promote themselves or their music anymore, it's that old saturday job, so just let go and sing along & dance & groove.
For some that's not enough and I respect that (hell, I've been there myself the first few years of the new millenium), but they have given me a lot of good times and that must earn them at least some good karma (next to a bit of cash) ;D

(and now I go nurse my hangover before I get all emotional and stuff ):wink:

:notworthy: Exactly. Couldn't have said it better myself.
The Chancer Corporation
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

Arek wrote:@Bartek: Are You talking about that? :)

@anybody: Full recording from yesterday needed, please!!![/img]

Probably. :wink:

Sounds was sisters~ish, and we (i) have to brutally honest about that, and be aware of that. but maybe this 2,5 beers made me simply let go, maybe nice people met there did the same or combine of both above, i don't know for sure, but i had fun and after all that's what is about. objectively it was about average (as for TSOM standard), subjectively this gig was like 75% as good as my first TSOM experience (and that was huge 'cause i still remember that very well). one thing i know, is that if i was there alone i wouldn't have so much fun of it - because sound wasn't good to meet my standard. but people, feedback, seeing that feedback gave TSOM energy and made them happy and glad (i think), all that in total made it experience worth money and time. so in conclusion i can say: i want more or at least can think of more.
Arek
Road Kill

Szkoda, ze nie staliscie obok nas. Tez probowalismy This Corrosion w przerwie. Moze wspolnie bysmy rozruszali tlum, chociaz wiekszosc ludzi byla przypadkowa i powtorka ze Studia 2006 chyba by nie wyszla.
P.S. Czy Wasz Rafal to wiadomy wszystkim chyba milosiernym Rafal? I jeszcze powtorze prosbe - daj znac gdybys cos wiedzial o materiale z wczoraj. Pozdro!
Joy
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

"Music is there to enrich your life and make you aware of things in a slightly different way."
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

I enjoyed that female backing voc. on F II and generally, but on F II it was great.