07.07.2014 Glasgow ABC

Gig news, reviews, set lists, thoughts, comments and observations on The Sisters live in 2014
ribbons69
Slight Overbomber

Purchased my train tickets this morning,using the new two together railcard I paid 57 quid each return from Nottingham to Glasgow.
"I've seen Andrew Eldritch in an ice hockey shirt onstage, and I've given him the benefit of the doubt"
Tom G Warrior of Celtic Frost

we fall to rise
Batty Von Blingtrash
Amphetamine Filth

Its not like me to turn down ANYTHING from the chippy! It must have looked pretty terrible :lol:
sam1
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

I have one ticket for sale for the Glasgow gig.. if anyone wants it...pm me.
weebleswobble
Underneath the Rock

Andrew S wrote:
weebleswobble wrote:If I had the cash I might, but unless I can sell one of your kidneys....

:(
Weebles, there's floor space ot mine, if it takes the sting out the cost.

Andrew
cheers fella, I gave it another go on the abacus and it's still a 'naw'.

We can but hope that PLYC is heard and understood.
‎"We will wear some very loud shirts. We will wear some very wrong trousers."
Dark
Underneath the Rock

Won't be at the gig, but if anyone's up for this afterwards:

Nae EBM DJs this time, promise. ;)
radiojamaica
Overbomber

Ooh, Jamaica Street. Nice touch 8) :notworthy:

I'm not going to the gig, but if I was I'd pop in for sure...
in dub we trust
centurionofprix

Dark wrote:Nae EBM DJs this time, promise. ;)
Oh. Won't bother then.
Big Si
School Bully

I was that Drunk I never noticed :oops:

School Bully's got 2 days off this time ;D
Wyrd bið ful aræd...

mybelgiannemesis
Dark
Underneath the Rock

centurionofprix wrote:
Oh. Won't bother then.
Well, Baz will probably have plenty of oldschool Belgian EBM and New Beat. If you ask nicely. :)
Bahamas
Road Kill

No frozen mars bars for me. Too far and I'm gutted. From what I understand as result of playing the festival this contains a clause that no other UK dates will occur for a period of time. However I have heard that dates will be bolt on into Scandinavia region.
TheBoyNextDoor

Bahamas wrote:However I have heard that dates will be bolt on into Scandinavia region.
Sadly the Scandinavia region won't happen. :(
Joy

TheBoyNextDoor wrote:
Bahamas wrote:However I have heard that dates will be bolt on into Scandinavia region.
Sadly the Scandinavia region won't happen. :(
Evereybody is so well informed..so tell us what you know. :roll:
"Music is there to enrich your life and make you aware of things in a slightly different way."
euphoria
Slight Overbomber

Gigs were planned but then cancelled, s**t happens, maybe they play somewhere else or later or sooner, I don't know.
ribbons69
Slight Overbomber

Bahamas wrote:No frozen mars bars for me. Too far and I'm gutted. From what I understand as result of playing the festival this contains a clause that no other UK dates will occur for a period of time. However I have heard that dates will be bolt on into Scandinavia region.
This seems unlikely to me,I have never heard of this before with other bands,and it certainly didnt apply when the Sisters played the same festival in 2011. A cursory glance at the line up this year and it includes New Model Army,Airbourne,and Chas and Dave! all bands that are playing the UK later this year. Metallica,their big headliner are playing another festival,the week before!.Often bands are prevented from announcing other dates until after their appearance and it may be this that is affecting the Sisters,or it may be that Chris is simply fitting in dates around his and Ben's other bands.[/b]
"I've seen Andrew Eldritch in an ice hockey shirt onstage, and I've given him the benefit of the doubt"
Tom G Warrior of Celtic Frost

we fall to rise
Andrew S
Slight Overbomber

I managed to get the afternoon off for this - I'll see some of you in McPhabbs and/or Sleazy's:-)
RIP Dale: 1994 - 2009
Ghost324
Road Kill

Are tickets still available and is it going to be worth going to?
Being645
Above the Chemist

Ghost324 wrote:Are tickets still available ...

Check it out!
http://www.ticketmaster.co.uk/event/36004C52B29B4FDB
Ghost324 wrote:... and is it going to be worth going to?

What a question ... :lol: ...
Big Si
School Bully

Being645 wrote:
Ghost324 wrote:Are tickets still available ...

Check it out!
http://www.ticketmaster.co.uk/event/36004C52B29B4FDB
Ghost324 wrote:... and is it going to be worth going to?

What a question ... :lol: ...
Buy 'em in person from the ABCs Box Office, nae booking fee! :wink:
Wyrd bið ful aræd...

mybelgiannemesis
sukhoi
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

Unfortunately, it seems I have to give up Glasgow blast. So that if anyone needs a ticket yet (allright, with a discount...), PM me, still hopefully time to deliver...

petr
Right On Venom And Revenge
Being645
Above the Chemist

sukhoi wrote:Unfortunately, it seems I have to give up Glasgow blast. So that if anyone needs a ticket yet (allright, with a discount...), PM me, still hopefully time to deliver...

petr
Oh, sad to hear ... :( ... anyway, hopefully you find someone for the ticket!

Andrew S wrote:I managed to get the afternoon off for this - I'll see some of you in McPhabbs and/or Sleazy's:-)
Possibly yes ... :) ...
NickW
Amphetamine Filth

Gutted that I can't wrangle time off work for this one
Just one of the pesky kids
chickenhead
Amphetamine Filth

Looking forward to Monday. Wonder if there is a support band this time? (dont want to hang around for ages waiting for the Sisters like last time).

http://www.ents24.com/glasgow-events/o2 ... le/3831472

:eek:
sukhoi
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

Thank you, so nice of you :notworthy:

But since nobody showed even smallest interest in the ticket of mine, I see no other way than come and enjoy it myself 8) Things improved, so that hopefully I will be able to come and have pleasure from it all, at the end...
Being645 wrote:
sukhoi wrote:Unfortunately, it seems I have to give up Glasgow blast. So that if anyone needs a ticket yet (allright, with a discount...), PM me, still hopefully time to deliver...

petr
Right On Venom And Revenge
Being645
Above the Chemist

sukhoi wrote:
Being645 wrote:

petr
Thank you, so nice of you :notworthy:

But since nobody showed even smallest interest in the ticket of mine, I see no other way than come and enjoy it myself 8) Things improved, so that hopefully I will be able to come and have pleasure from it all, at the end...
Hah ... :lol: ... that's surely not the worst outcome ... ;D ... I keep my fingers crossed for you that it works nicely now ... ;D ...
Andrew S
Slight Overbomber

Incidentally, for anyone coming from Glasgow Airport and staying at a hotel near the venue, it's quickest to get the shuttle bus (500) and get off at the first stop (Bothwell Street, just after the bus comes off the motorway). It's just a 5 or 10 minute walk up the hill from Bothwell Street to the Charing Cross area. Mind you, it's a bloody steep hill:-D Staying on the bus till Buchanan Street means an extra 10 minutes and a slightly longer walk, but better if you want to look round the shops on the way to the hotel. You can also get the 747 bus from the airport, which goes via Charing Cross (and passes the ABC) but it's much slower.

And coming from Edinburgh Airport, best train to get (from Haymarket) is the fast service to Glasgow Queen St - goes every 15 minutes and gets to Glasgow in 45-50 minutes. There is a slower service to Milngavie every half hour, which takes just over an hour to get to Charing Cross (the stop after Queen St) where the ABC is. Don't get the Helensburgh train unless you have time to spend going through every 1-hourse town in deepest darkest Lanarkshire on the way to Glasgow. Trains to Glasgow Central also take ages so are best avoided unless you're staying nearby. If going by coach, get off the airport link bus at Maybury Junction and cross the road for the no 900 service to Glasgow. It's a bit slower (about an hour to Buchanan Street) but a fair bit cheaper than the train (coach £7.30, train £12.50 for singles - ouch!).
RIP Dale: 1994 - 2009