07.07.2014 Glasgow ABC

Gig news, reviews, set lists, thoughts, comments and observations on The Sisters live in 2014
Silver_Owl
The Don

We forgive as we forget
As the day is long.
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

i thought that this was created for this gig.
Silver_Owl
The Don

Mind yer own business. :innocent:
We forgive as we forget
As the day is long.
Silver_Owl
The Don

:kiss:

To be honest I thought the thread Andrew created was an all encompassing UK dates kinda thing.
I was just being a completist. ;D
We forgive as we forget
As the day is long.
Silver_Owl
The Don

Bartek wrote:or pedant :wink: :kiss:
:eek: How dare you!

:lol:
We forgive as we forget
As the day is long.
Nikolas Vitus Lagartija
Overbomber

Tickets bookable via here : http://www.o2abcglasgow.co.uk/event/642 ... ts/Details from Friday of this week.
ribbons69
Slight Overbomber

Booked my hotel,stopped here last time.

http://www.principal-hayley.com/locatio ... ral-hotel/
"I've seen Andrew Eldritch in an ice hockey shirt onstage, and I've given him the benefit of the doubt"
Tom G Warrior of Celtic Frost

we fall to rise
Andrew S
Slight Overbomber

ribbons69 wrote:Booked my hotel,stopped here last time.

That's my favourite hotel ever. Very reminiscent of the Overlook Hotel in The Shining! Rooms with odd numbers have a view of the streets below (and lots of neds fighting and swearing). Even numbers, on the other hand, have a view of the glass roof of Central Station. And if you want a room INSIDE the station, go for the 1st floor. Rooms 116 and 118 have an unobstructed view of the station concourse and departures board. I stayed there the night before visiting my sister in London and had the unique experience of seeing my train sitting in platform 2 from my room just before checking out :D
RIP Dale: 1994 - 2009
sukhoi
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

Great idea to have concerts on the same day (Glasgow - 2011). No need to buy new diary every year 8)
Right On Venom And Revenge
James Blast
Banned

Andrew, I allas knew you were a bit strange but that's just fuckin' weird Dude! :lol:
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
radiojamaica
Overbomber

I checked for flights, but everything way to expensive...
in dub we trust
ribbons69
Slight Overbomber

Andrew S wrote:
ribbons69 wrote:Booked my hotel,stopped here last time.

That's my favourite hotel ever. Very reminiscent of the Overlook Hotel in The Shining! Rooms with odd numbers have a view of the streets below (and lots of neds fighting and swearing). Even numbers, on the other hand, have a view of the glass roof of Central Station. And if you want a room INSIDE the station, go for the 1st floor. Rooms 116 and 118 have an unobstructed view of the station concourse and departures board. I stayed there the night before visiting my sister in London and had the unique experience of seeing my train sitting in platform 2 from my room just before checking out :D
I stayed there on your recommendation last time my good man,and I wasn't disappointed,the staircase is worth a visit alone.
"I've seen Andrew Eldritch in an ice hockey shirt onstage, and I've given him the benefit of the doubt"
Tom G Warrior of Celtic Frost

we fall to rise
Erudite
Slight Overbomber

Who knows, I might summon enough enthusiasm to turn up for this.
Stranger things have happened...
You are what you drink - I'm a bitter man!
Andrew S
Slight Overbomber

If anyone needs a ticket for this, PM me. I'm 15 minutes walk from the box office. And to echo my hotels post from 2011 (the Central Hotel price still stands - I just checked:-).

Check out laterooms.com or booking.com for cheap ones on Renfrew Street, such as McLays, Alba Lodge, Hampton Court, Charing Cross Guest House etc. For something nicer but still quite cheap and nearby, there's the Newton Hotel or Adelaides on Bath Street. Also lots of chain hotels in the area - Ibis, Novotel, Premier Inn, Best Western, Travelodge and Citizen M.
Cheapest options (besides my floor, which has very limited capacity) there are a couple of hostels on Berkeley Street, 5 or 10 minutes walk from the ABC.
Blue Sky Hostel
Globetrotters Hostel (just across from Blue Sky but no website in evidence)
Or slightly further away, Glasgow Youth Hostel

For sheer luxury and splendour reminiscent of the Overlook Hotel from The Shining, the Grand Central Hotel is right inside Central Station and has double or twin rooms for £89.10 inc full buffet breakfast. Besides the luxurious surroundings and fancy champagne bar, there's the added bonus of some of its rooms overlooking the station concourse Smile Get in there!
paint it black
Black, black, black & even blacker

last time the hotel and pub before and after were better than the gig Andrew :notworthy:
Goths have feelings too
bangles

tickets and flights booked! So thats Glasgow, Belfast and Dublin sorted. Roll on the Summer!
Asperum Aestimate Fimi Aliquid Hodie
Batty Von Blingtrash
Amphetamine Filth

We are in for Glasgow!

Last time I fell on my face in front of everyone and drank unidentified (what Xris likes to call 'stinky p*ss water) thrown from the stage. The two incidents may be related.

I plan to have more dignity this time. Not much more, mind. Rolling Eyes
weebleswobble
Underneath the Rock

If I had the cash I might, but unless I can sell one of your kidneys....

:(
‎"We will wear some very loud shirts. We will wear some very wrong trousers."
Batty Von Blingtrash
Amphetamine Filth

Its looking fairly pricey from here, but I like Glasgow and its the start of the Summer holidays so need to let off some steam. Hooray.
Depprocksfarfar

DerekR
Doobie Brother

Batty Von Blingtrash wrote:We are in for Glasgow!

Last time I fell on my face in front of everyone and drank unidentified (what Xris likes to call 'stinky p*ss water) thrown from the stage.
Aye but you still weren't tempted by Colin's battered black pudding from the chippy (or was it Scott's?)
Andrew S
Slight Overbomber

weebleswobble wrote:If I had the cash I might, but unless I can sell one of your kidneys....

:(
Weebles, there's floor space ot mine, if it takes the sting out the cost.

Andrew
sam1
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

DerekR wrote:
Batty Von Blingtrash wrote:We are in for Glasgow!

Last time I fell on my face in front of everyone and drank unidentified (what Xris likes to call 'stinky p*ss water) thrown from the stage.
Aye but you still weren't tempted by Colin's battered black pudding from the chippy (or was it Scott's?)
Not guilty ..