Sisters Suikerrock Belgium 01-08-2015

Gig news, reviews, set lists, thoughts, comments and observations on The Sisters live in 2015
TheBoyNextDoor
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

MrBlonde wrote:My two clips in HD:

Body Electric: https://youtu.be/QPu5JE9OoQE

I'm a Police Car: https://youtu.be/YwrC_oSbeSw
Thanks for sharing, actually a quite good cover and Body Electric sounds almost like 1992. :wink: 8)
Being645
Above the Chemist

warp232 wrote:okay newbie here but a sisters fan since almost 25 years.

very mixed feelings about the concert from yesterday. if i am not mistaken it was the 7th time that i saw the sisters live (which makes me a newbie once again i guess lol) and it was the first time that the sisters were not headliners on a festival / playing in a venue.

i did like the setlist even if the set was way too short (not their fault) but the crowd did ruin big parts of the concert for me. seriously what a sh*t crowd. perhaps 10% were there for the sisters and all the rest to hang around with friends or waiting for oscar and the wolf. making fun of the sisters. blabbing loudly during the entire gig.

and what with the visuals? they were very distracting and did not work at all with the atmosphere of a sisters concert. i love cult and asian movies, i have most of the stuff they showed in my collection (ichi the killer, gamera, the street fighter, ghost busters, naked killer etc) but this was way too weird.
Welcome here, warp232 and thanks for the review ... :D :notworthy: ... It's frustrating to be placed in the middle of such disagreeable people during a gig ... :? ...

Next time you go, where most of the people in Sisters t-shirts are and you will be very welcome and have quite a different experience ... ;D :kiss: ...
euphoria
Slight Overbomber

Yes, thanks for clips, reviews, anything, and bring them all on, no details are unimportant :D

Good choice of cover, esp as I'm listening more and more to this kind of 70s music the last years.
Chaotican
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

I ended up front and center, on the right, and the sound was very good. I was on the Chris side and Chris put on a good show for the fans. Vocals would fade out for a second or two bit overall was a good sound. I was surrounded by sisters fans, after telling the oscar and the wolf teens that is give them those beer ticket things if they moved for the sisters show. :) (That and "I came from California for this show" worked.) Saw lots of sisters shirts.

The mood was good. I've seen the sisters since 1990, but this was my first non-US show. (I did stand outside wembly in 1991but I was too poor to buy a ticket). It did se like it took 5 mins, but il told it was really 60.

The people were so welcoming. Loving Belgium. I'm seriously tempted to come back in October...
warp232
Road Kill

Being645 wrote:
warp232 wrote:okay newbie here but a sisters fan since almost 25 years.

very mixed feelings about the concert from yesterday. if i am not mistaken it was the 7th time that i saw the sisters live (which makes me a newbie once again i guess lol) and it was the first time that the sisters were not headliners on a festival / playing in a venue.

i did like the setlist even if the set was way too short (not their fault) but the crowd did ruin big parts of the concert for me. seriously what a sh*t crowd. perhaps 10% were there for the sisters and all the rest to hang around with friends or waiting for oscar and the wolf. making fun of the sisters. blabbing loudly during the entire gig.

and what with the visuals? they were very distracting and did not work at all with the atmosphere of a sisters concert. i love cult and asian movies, i have most of the stuff they showed in my collection (ichi the killer, gamera, the street fighter, ghost busters, naked killer etc) but this was way too weird.
Welcome here, warp232 and thanks for the review ... :D :notworthy: ... It's frustrating to be placed in the middle of such disagreeable people during a gig ... :? ...

Next time you go, where most of the people in Sisters t-shirts are and you will be very welcome and have quite a different experience ... ;D :kiss: ...
true, i should have moved more to the front. i visit lot's of concerts and festivals but never on the front rows. normally the crowd does not bother me but sadly yesterday they were a pain in the ass.

i know that the experience would have been different in the middle of the hardcore fans, a mate of mine (with more than 70 sisters gigs) was up there.
Bill Hicks
Amphetamine Filth
Location: stuck inside of my mobile with the Memphis blues again.

Thanks for the reviews and videos.

Was there any new merch? :innocent: :innocent: :innocent:
Peter KJ
Amphetamine Filth

Bill Hicks wrote:Thanks for the reviews and videos.

Was there any new merch? :innocent: :innocent: :innocent:
Yes a special Sisters Suikerrock shirt and some other (Anaconda)
damagedone

the gig was short but amazing.Von was going back and forth the left and right on the stage,his vocals were sharp and clear,he sounded better than last year and last year's Munich gig was fantastic.Going on the cat walk during Flood II was indeed great experience.Met interesting people,had good time.Can't wait for the October dates.They get better and better.Here are some pix from the merch and the gig.The merch are the stirts and also the tea towel and the shopping bag-that was that.

Image[/img]

Image[/img]

Image[/img]

Image[/img]

Image[/img]

Image[/img]

Image[/img]

Image[/img]

Image[/img]
Keep Music Evil
Nikolas Vitus Lagartija
Overbomber

Thanks as ever to all HLers who have shared reviews, photos and videos on here. :notworthy:
:von: sounding and looking well. Bodes very well for October.
euphoria
Slight Overbomber

Some high quality pics here;

http://www.frontview-magazine.be/en/pho ... ail/1#prev
Chaotican wrote:I'm seriously tempted to come back in October...
You should, longer sets and the distances are peanuts compared to a US tour. Thanks for the review!
Joy

It was amazing!! :oops: The whole gig was recorded despite that I was almost crushed in the first row... :roll:
"Music is there to enrich your life and make you aware of things in a slightly different way."
paint it black
Black, black, black & even blacker

Joy wrote:It was amazing!! :oops: The whole gig was recorded despite that I was almost crushed in the first row... :roll:
no pain, no gain
Goths have feelings too
Venus
Amphetamine Filth

Once again a great gig last night! Body Electric was GEWELDIG!!!! :D
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Great pictures thanks damagedone
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
bismarck

Thanks for the videos and reviews, guys. Have to say I never heard of that song "I'm A Police Car" before.
The great questions of the day will not be
resolved by speeches and majority decisions,
but by iron and blood.
- Otto von Bismarck
radiojamaica
Overbomber

Was kinda funny, as most people did not seem to know that song. Is it a new one? Is it a cover? I guess that thought must have crossed some people's minds :wink:
After the gig it was pretty fast discovered that it was in fact a cover of a certain Larry Wallis and that he'd been in Motorhead in the beginning. Think it was Scardy who found out first...
in dub we trust
Pista
Cureboi

Top write ups & photies & videos all :notworthy:

Thanks for bringing it into my living room a little bit :D
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
lex3000
Amphetamine Filth

damagedone wrote:the gig was short but amazing...
Good to meet you over a few cans, apologies for not smiling in the photo of us all! Those are some really good photos of the gig itself.
Groningen - Lokerese Feesten
iesus
Overbomber

Our dear Doc is up to something good, real good.
He posted a vid in heartland's fb https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AFdeph6v6GM excellent quality :notworthy:
'Are we the Baddies?'...
"Someday! Someday, everything you need, is just gonna fall out of the sky..." -A.E. Reading 1991
"Don't forget that most of the judges in witches trials had harvard degrees."
Joy

"Music is there to enrich your life and make you aware of things in a slightly different way."
Nikolas Vitus Lagartija
Overbomber

iesus wrote:Our dear Doc is up to something good, real good.
He posted a vid in heartland's fb https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AFdeph6v6GM excellent quality :notworthy:
:notworthy: indeed. His clip of Police Car is great too https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=hXt9exldDs0
MortaR
Road Kill

The Sisters Of Mercy - Temple of love (live at Suikerrock, Tienen, Belgium, 01.08.2015)

https://youtu.be/e1bpVkIIpX8
euphoria
Slight Overbomber

Nikolas Vitus Lagartija wrote:
iesus wrote:Our dear Doc is up to something good, real good.
:notworthy: indeed. His clip of Police Car is great too https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=hXt9exldDs0
What the... Doc, have you manipulated his voice, i haven't heard him sing this good in..15 years!? :eek:

:notworthy:
damagedone

Great recording,Doc
Yeah,his voice was amazing indeed
Keep Music Evil