Sisters Suikerrock Belgium 01-08-2015

Gig news, reviews, set lists, thoughts, comments and observations on The Sisters live in 2015
Being645
Above the Chemist

paint it black wrote:
Being645 wrote:
The Mentalist wrote: I remember, early or possibly mid naughties, a Sisters guitarist with big hair - Afro-esque if you will, I still wonder if that was Chris Catalyst. Just interested in Eldritch not sure who else did what and when... :oops: :)
Most likely it was Chris Sheehan.
Ben
... not in the 90s (naughties) ...
Obviousman
Outside the Simian Flock

Anyone wants to take over my ticket? I can't make it in the end. See you in Antwerp though :)
Styles are a lie.

My Facebook/My Flickr
sukhoi
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

Unfortunately, I have to give up this time (again). So enjoy, be wild and hope to see you in October...
Right On Venom And Revenge
paul
Overbomber

Have fun @ Suikerrock, folks!
iesus
Overbomber

01 Aug 15
Suikerrock Festival Tienen, BELGIUM

That must be today :)
Wish you a good one. Remember us and bring some vids and photoes :notworthy:
'Are we the Baddies?'...
"Someday! Someday, everything you need, is just gonna fall out of the sky..." -A.E. Reading 1991
"Don't forget that most of the judges in witches trials had harvard degrees."
czuczu
Overbomber

Am genuinely a tiny bit jealous - a perfect day for beer and frites with too much mayo. :)
damagedone
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Is the train station close to the venue?I m thinking of taking the last train back to Brussels after Sisters,which is at 23:49
Keep Music Evil
mh
Above the Chemist

...and here we go! Hope everyone who's there has a good time, looking forward to the reports coming in. :D
If I told them once, I told them a hundred times to put 'Spinal Tap' first and 'Puppet Show' last.
euphoria
Slight Overbomber

From my memory it only took 10 minutes something, however looking at a map it seems it's about 900 meters to walk regardless of route.

But yeah, I would try to get that train if I were you, it's more comfortable to run 5 minutes than to spend the whole night at the train station :wink:

As they have a band after them in the schedule, I think you will easily make it to that train departure.
euphoria
Slight Overbomber

tsomofficial twitter:
Tonight we're at @Suikerrock Festival in Tienen, Belgium. Onstage 2200hrs until 2300hrs.

1 hour only? :-/
iesus
Overbomber

Worst thing ever about 10-15 minutes before that time given the body to need a WC... omg :urff:
'Are we the Baddies?'...
"Someday! Someday, everything you need, is just gonna fall out of the sky..." -A.E. Reading 1991
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

Without courtesy of Simon, i allow myself to pass information that setlist included Body Electric (fast version) and new cover - song of Larry Wallis I'm a police car. Side note: Larry was early member of Motorhead.
jherek
Road Kill

Suikerrock 2015

More
Ribbons
Crash and Burn
Body electric fast
Rock and a hard place
Dr jeep/detonation blvd
I'm a police car
Alice
First last always
Miser Lou
Dominion
Flood I
Lucretia
This corrosion
Temple of Love

Amazingly amazing
circle

Thanks for the setlist, looks like a killer ;D
darkcircleroom4.blogspot.com
Peter KJ
Amphetamine Filth

circle wrote:looks like a killer ;D
Yes it was :D
But to short ...
Note about the setlist:
Flood 2 and not Flood 1
I'm a police car is a Larry Wallis cover.
iesus
Overbomber

The setlist is one of the finest i could imagine.
Cover is a real nice song, i am wondering how :von: did the lyrics, the original has not so low tone vocals.
Thank you for bringing info :notworthy:
'Are we the Baddies?'...
jherek
Road Kill

Sorry typo on Flood

Btw Eldritch on the cat walk was a near religious experience
Being645
Above the Chemist

Thanks for the setlist, jherek ... :D ...
It looks shorter than it was. The Sisters played way longer than the band before them.

Filmic Delights were extensive all during the gig with plenty massacre of lots of sorts, people with blades cutting veins open
or cutting off their own tongue and plenty more such stuff ... naked bodies in acitivty often ending in bloodstream ... loads of
extreme violence and treason towards others as much as towards oneself ... with many excerpts from what looked like Japanese
(and old American) films ... I didn't watch all of it, because watching and listening at the same time did not exactly work here as both
were impressing ... and I decided for listening and watching The Sisters ...

The setlist looks more or less usual, but many (not all) songs were not played as usual (at least not from where I could hear them).
Harmonies shorted at times, which fitted "nicely" to the lesson in violence we were invited to encounter ...

Ah, I'm A Police Car ... wonderful and no wonder, I felt reminded of the US and the s**t that's going on there ...
I think it's relatively easy to imagine with what sort of bite the singing was consequently done ...

Temple of Love seemed especially nice to me this time: f**k the Devil in his f**king dress ! ... :wink: ...

Two hours drive back home, for a contrast listening to Eureka Machines Brain Waves followed by lots of Joy Division.
On arrival the recording had reached Atmosphere, almost perfect a travel ... and for now: my bed is a wonderful place ... hope you all sleep well ... ;D ;D ;D ...
Andrew S
Slight Overbomber

Loving the summer weather in here Belgium. Tonight's set was a good one. I've only heard the song Police Car once before and that was relatively recently. Eldritch has yet again found a song I love and covered it! I'm happy :D
RIP Dale: 1994 - 2009
Husek

Just Found the first video:

A Rock and a Hard Place/ Jeep/Detonation/ Police Car

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6_uEigQTK-w
Project Personal Dok
Hardware: 100% (Single Hackintosh)
AU: 90%
Software: 90%
The Final Floorshow - My Own Sisters T-Shirt Shop
MrBlonde
Amphetamine Filth

My two clips in HD:

Body Electric: https://youtu.be/QPu5JE9OoQE

I'm a Police Car: https://youtu.be/YwrC_oSbeSw
bangles
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

looking good and sounding great
Asperum Aestimate Fimi Aliquid Hodie
radiojamaica
Overbomber

band, movies, friends... good stuff, very good stuff. I might even call it a top nite out! 8) :notworthy::notworthy: :notworthy:

Being645 wrote:On arrival the recording had reached Atmosphere, almost perfect a travel ...
I love it when everything falls in place like that :D
After last night I'm very much thinking about the Köln gig in october too...
in dub we trust
warp232
Road Kill

okay newbie here but a sisters fan since almost 25 years.

very mixed feelings about the concert from yesterday. if i am not mistaken it was the 7th time that i saw the sisters live (which makes me a newbie once again i guess lol) and it was the first time that the sisters were not headliners on a festival / playing in a venue.

i did like the setlist even if the set was way too short (not their fault) but the crowd did ruin big parts of the concert for me. seriously what a sh*t crowd. perhaps 10% were there for the sisters and all the rest to hang around with friends or waiting for oscar and the wolf. making fun of the sisters. blabbing loudly during the entire gig.

and what with the visuals? they were very distracting and did not work at all with the atmosphere of a sisters concert. i love cult and asian movies, i have most of the stuff they showed in my collection (ichi the killer, gamera, the street fighter, ghost busters, naked killer etc) but this was way too weird.
Being645
Above the Chemist

Husek wrote:Just Found the first video:

A Rock and a Hard Place/ Jeep/Detonation/ Police Car

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6_uEigQTK-w
Great footage ... :D ... unfortunately no good recording position.
The sound was much better middle on the left. All in all one has to say that at Suikerrock the sound for the bands I've seen was perfect, precise and very direct.
MrBlonde wrote:My two clips in HD:

Body Electric: https://youtu.be/QPu5JE9OoQE

I'm a Police Car: https://youtu.be/YwrC_oSbeSw

... :notworthy: ... that's more like it ... ;D ... and live it was even better ... ;D ...

radiojamaica wrote:
Being645 wrote:On arrival the recording had reached Atmosphere, almost perfect a travel ...
I love it when everything falls in place like that :D
Me too. It was a great day out, perfect sound, perfect view, lovely surroundings, wonderful coffee and very nice elderly locals ... ;D ...
On the way there, I took (again) some involuntary detours ... Tirlemont. Had I known that this is the French name of Tienen,
I had taken another motorway and been there hours earlier ... :lol: ... but I had missed cruising these wonderful landscapes
and villages ... ;D ... far too long ago that I've been there ... *sigh ...
radiojamaica wrote: After last night I'm very much thinking about the Köln gig in october too...
You definitely should! Thanks to conraculix and MyDominion there's gonna be a wonderful free-entry aftershow party in 5-10 minutes walking distance to the venue ... ;D ...