October 17: Manchester Ritz

Gig news, reviews, set lists, thoughts, comments and observations on The Sisters live in 2015
godgirl
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

paint it black wrote:

not Grand Central, stinks of rockers
Suit yourself.

:roll:

Marge xxx
"When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle. Then I realised God doesn't work that way, so I stole one and prayed for forgiveness"
godgirl

Regarding anyone still not in receipt of a physical ticket from Ticketbastard for the Ritz - I put in a whinge to their customer service form and they're now putting mine on the door for collection on the night - and refunding me 20p postal difference.

If you're off to Glasgow you may wish to do the same as my response just now was that the tickets have YET TO BE PRINTED.....

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

There's a complicated method of doing so via the Ticketbastard website though this direct link may work for you

http://www.ticketmaster.co.uk/h/cs_contactus.html

I guess I'll have less time to inhale the waft of rockers in Grand Central now. :evil:

Marge xxx
"When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle. Then I realised God doesn't work that way, so I stole one and prayed for forgiveness"
paint it black
Black, black, black & even blacker

been on the phone queue 10 mins now c**t

are you going to NMA in York Marge?
Goths have feelings too
godgirl

paint it black wrote:been on the phone queue 10 mins now c**t

are you going to NMA in York Marge?
Just email them, save yourself the hassle and cost of a call. Also, no, we're taking the night off to rest our trotters. Might stink of rockers that gig, mind you.... I'd stay away were I concerned about such things, mate!

8)

Marge xxx
Bill Farmyard
Road Kill

In desperate need of two tickets for Manchester ritz. If anyone is in the unfortunate position of not being able to go to Manchester and has tickets please PM me. Thanks.
SmileySister
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

I'm still waiting for my Manchester tickets. I rang last week and was told they were being posted in alphabetical order. I think they were having me on :roll:

I'm going to The Salisbury and will pop into Grand Central to sniff some Rockers :P
godgirl

SmileySister wrote:I'm still waiting for my Manchester tickets. I rang last week and was told they were being posted in alphabetical order. I think they were having me on :roll:

I'm going to The Salisbury and will pop into Grand Central to sniff some Rockers :P
They've converted mine to collection at box office and will refund me the 20p difference in cost as they weren't confident of having them posted even by Tuesday as they'd not been printed yet!

:eek:

Marge xxx
godgirl

A good friend is looking for a ticket for this now as he couldn't make the weekday gigs due to work - if anyone has a spare please gimme a shout, ta!

<no, this is not for the same person who wants one for Leeds!>

Marge xxx
Andrew S
Slight Overbomber

Guess what's just come through my letterbox :D
RIP Dale: 1994 - 2009
Andrew S
Slight Overbomber

godgirl wrote:A good friend is looking for a ticket for this now as he couldn't make the weekday gigs due to work - if anyone has a spare please gimme a shout, ta!

Marge xxx
Zeno (Obviousman) would like to join the queue for ticket requests. He's been hunting for one and no luck as yet. PM to me (or him) if anyone can oblige cheers:-)
RIP Dale: 1994 - 2009
godgirl

Andrew S wrote:
godgirl wrote:A good friend is looking for a ticket for this now as he couldn't make the weekday gigs due to work - if anyone has a spare please gimme a shout, ta!

Marge xxx
Zeno (Obviousman) would like to join the queue for ticket requests. He's been hunting for one and no luck as yet. PM to me (or him) if anyone can oblige cheers:-)
For Manchester? See my fb message! I think my friend has more to sell - they're e-tix too. Picking up from him tomorrow in Leeds.

Nick has a ticket now but still needs a bed in Manchester!

Marge xxx
godgirl

ONE ticket left for Manchester. See me in Dry Dock tomorrow if you want it! :twisted:

WANTED: one bed in Manchester.

<see above>

Marge xxx
paint it black
Black, black, black & even blacker

Tix arrived this afternoon for Manc. = loads of time before my flight early tomorrow morning

ticket suggests doors 7.00pm curfew @ 10.0 so guessing an early start for the sisters that night
Goths have feelings too
ribbons69
Slight Overbomber

paint it black wrote:Tix arrived this afternoon for Manc. = loads of time before my flight early tomorrow morning

ticket suggests doors 7.00pm curfew @ 10.0 so guessing an early start for the sisters that night
Yeah there's some rubbish club night on after.
"I've seen Andrew Eldritch in an ice hockey shirt onstage, and I've given him the benefit of the doubt"
Tom G Warrior of Celtic Frost

we fall to rise
Poisonheart
Road Kill

My wife and I require 2 tickets also, although I know it's a long shot at such short notice.

Edited to say Just need one now
wyrmskull
Road Kill

PM sent :wink:
HexEnduction
Road Kill

Hi, first time caller :)

Feeling the buzz now. First gig since glasgow last year and my good lady gets to see the sisters for the first time ever... and shes been into them for 20 years!! An added bonus being i get out the doghouse since daring to go to the Glasgow gig.

Anyways....Jesus isn't this just typical....you get a gig thats not on a school night and the bastards turf you out at 10 for some s**t disco. As we dont really know manchester too well can anyone point us in the direction of something to do after 10 bells?? Google brings up Satans Hollow....this sounds ok dont it? Hmmmm

Any help appreciated xxx
wyrmskull
Road Kill

The Grand Central and The Salisbury are literally within a stones throw of the Ritz,both on Oxford Road
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

Oi oi! Hello HL'ers...

So, where y'all meeting tomorrow, and when?

My vote is anywhere but Grand Central or Salisbury. They are two of the nearest, but they're also stinking sh*t holes with rank beer and obnoxious clientele ;) ;D

(And the fact that I may or may not ever be allowed in either again is totally unrelated....honest!)

I'm up for Pevril of the Peak (aka The Pev), as per PiB's suggestion - that's not far either. Otherwise, Rain Bar (opposite The Pev) or even Gorilla (hipster bar opposite the Ritz)...

Basically, anywhere but GC & Sals ;)
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

The Peveril of the Peak? I didn't know that place still existed! Quite a nice idea...
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
ribbons69
Slight Overbomber

Quiff Boy wrote:Oi oi! Hello HL'ers...

So, where y'all meeting tomorrow, and when?

My vote is anywhere but Grand Central or Salisbury. They are two of the nearest, but they're also stinking sh*t holes with rank beer and obnoxious clientele ;) ;D

(And the fact that I may or may not ever be allowed in either again is totally unrelated....honest!)

I'm up for Pevril of the Peak (aka The Pev), as per PiB's suggestion - that's not far either. Otherwise, Rain Bar (opposite The Pev) or even Gorilla (hipster bar opposite the Ritz)...

Basically, anywhere but GC & Sals ;)
Went in the Gorilla main bar when T'mishun played there earlier this year. Didn't think I was going to be allowed in because I don't have a beard.
I liked Grand Central but when I don't have my Goff trousers on I'm actually a hairy Metal fan. Having said that I expect it will be packed so might try this Peveril place. If I can find it.
"I've seen Andrew Eldritch in an ice hockey shirt onstage, and I've given him the benefit of the doubt"
Tom G Warrior of Celtic Frost

we fall to rise
Batty Von Blingtrash
Amphetamine Filth

Is there a time
For a meetup? Or a place decided? I want to say hello :)
Somebody tell me about the rhythm of the 4th floor.
bangles

Just to say, I was in Madchester last weekend and thefe's a record shop near Picadilly square called (i think) Clampdown... Anyway, one of the few record shops in years i've seen with a vinyl Sisters section and its got stock. Kill The Lights, Hard Reign, 10 b/day show, selection of 12"
Aside from that...
Enjoy the show people. Very jealous...
Asperum Aestimate Fimi Aliquid Hodie
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

Satans hollow is pants. Full of pissed up 15 year olds thinking they're the first to discover rock and roll. s**t music.

I gather there's an 80s night called Scary Monsters on at Club Zoo from 10 (might even be from 11 actually). I've been before and it's ok, but it's not all the "good" 80s. Expect Kylie & Jason in amongst the Depeche Mode. It can be pretty surreal tbh, but if there's a few of you it usually ends up a good crack 8)

https://facebook.com/pages/Scary-Monsters/329879350014
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
million voices
Slight Overbomber

I suppose it's a small sacrifice having to put up with Depeche Mode if you get to hear Kylie.
Well you must know something
'Cos we're dying of admiration here
Mastering obscure alternatives