October 19 - Trix, Antwerp, Belgium

Gig news, reviews, set lists, thoughts, comments and observations on The Sisters live in 2015
warp232
Road Kill

was travelling in asia when this one was announced so missed it. how much were the tickets?
radiojamaica
Overbomber

warp232 wrote:was travelling in asia when this one was announced so missed it. how much were the tickets?
like 52€ or so
in dub we trust
Brambi
Road Kill

Hi everybody,

does anybody has a spare ticket and willing to sell?

Due to my holidays I missed the online sale. I'm on the waiting list for several weeks now, but no news (which unfortuantely means bad news)...

Thank you in advance for your help!

Bram
Being645
Above the Chemist

Hi Brambi and welcome here ... :) ...

If you didn't get a ticket along the waiting list, it surely doesn't mean all that much.

It's still a long time to go until October, so don't give up! ... :D :wink: ...
paul
Overbomber

Due to circumstance for sale:
1 ticket for Antwerpen - Trix

PM me if interested.

cheers,
Paul
paul
Overbomber

paul wrote:Due to circumstance for sale:
1 ticket for Antwerpen - Trix

PM me if interested.

cheers,
Paul
Sold!
DasPerltAber
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

Due to health issues 1 ticket for Antwerp for sale.

PM me if interested. It is an e-ticket so collecting it is not an issue.

Cheers,

Paul
ozymanidias
Road Kill

I'm very curious how this gig will sound :-)

All the gigs I've been to, it always was with ups & downs.
I'll hope tonight it's going to be up :-)
Mav787
One life, all I need

Posted by Scardwel on FB:

Marian and Rain From Heaven played tonight

Always the same in Belgium.....
brunobossier
Amphetamine Filth

Setlist for tonight :

More
Ribbons
Crash & Burn
Body Electric
Amphetamine Logic
Alice
Arms
Marian
Gift that shines
Dominion
Summer
First and last and always
Jihad
Valentine
Flood 2

Rain from heaven
Lucreatia my reflection
Vision Thing

Temple Of Love
This Corrosion
Nikolas Vitus Lagartija
Overbomber

brunobossier wrote:Setlist for tonight :

More
Ribbons
Crash & Burn
Body Electric
Amphetamine Logic
Alice
Arms
Marian
Gift that shines
Dominion
Summer
First and last and always
Jihad
Valentine
Flood 2

Rain from heaven
Lucreatia my reflection
Vision Thing

Temple Of Love
This Corrosion
Thanks, Bruno. What did you think of the gig tonight ?
brunobossier
Amphetamine Filth

And what can I say about the gig ...

With the positive feedback I heard from the UK shows I had some little expectations tonight. Looking at the audience tonight, I'm sure a lot of people really enjoyed the show. Unfortunately, I didn't and neither did my friend who stood next to me. I would even say it was not good at all to the point it was even emberrassing at the end of the main set with Flood 2.

Eldritch's voice has definitely not improved over the years but tonight it was really not good : you could hardly hear him, he regulary forgot his text which made Chris and Ben to work harder and fill in regulary and at the end of Flood 2 Eldritch even sounded false. Musically it lacked the power I heard before. Was it just a matter of bad sound mix ? Maybe but I doubt that.

Before people complain, I did not expect a gig like in the old days or like the Vision Thing period. I just hoped to hear songs properly played and at a minimum properly sung.

Anyway, I want to end on a positive note. Eldritch was indeed very cheerful, laughing a lot and more talkative than I have seen before. He seemed to enoy his time on stage which is nice to see. And Ben's surprising subtle guitar additions to Dominion made it the highlight of the evening !
paint it black
Black, black, black & even blacker

Seen sense and binned 1959?
Goths have feelings too
Nikolas Vitus Lagartija
Overbomber

Thanks for the review, @Bruno. A shame that his voice wasn't great tonight, but not a massive surprise as it already sounds a little rougher and lower in the mix on the London vids than on the Nottingham ones (comparing versions of Vision Thing for example). At least they made an effort by including Marian for you guys (and Rain From Heaven) and as you say it is good to see Eldritch enjoying live shows again, but as TSOM's most loyal audience, you Belgians deserve a great gig every time.
Robson
Amphetamine Filth

this was not a great gig
- since 1992 -
brunobossier
Amphetamine Filth

Nikolas Vitus Lagartija wrote:Thanks for the review, @Bruno. A shame that his voice wasn't great tonight, but not a massive surprise as it already sounds a little rougher and lower in the mix on the London vids than on the Nottingham ones (comparing versions of Vision Thing for example). At least they made an effort by including Marian for you guys (and Rain From Heaven) and as you say it is good to see Eldritch enjoying live shows again, but as TSOM's most loyal audience, you Belgians deserve a great gig every time.
Well, that is what I find strange. If Eldritch sings so quite that you can hardly hear him, why not adapt the mix ? Anyway, was good to hear Marian (was ok) but I would have also hoped to hear No time to cry or A rock and and a hard place which I did not hear live yet.
euphoria
Slight Overbomber

Seeing how much energy he gave in the UK I actually think he and his voice were a bit exhausted. Compare how he has sung and acted previous tours compared to these UK gigs..

I'm certain he's back on form in Cologne. Good idea, even mentioned in one of the Greek interviews btw, to keep the tours short. Think it's time to skip 3 dates in a row schedules altogether.
1959 was apparently in the setlist but not played so something wasn't quite 100 % good.
B E N
Road Kill

Great concert!!!! Loved every bit of it! The sound was s**t...so what. Then again, I've never seen a bad Sisters concert...and I've seen a few.
euphoria
Slight Overbomber

Looks like a good solid gig to me of the few clips I've seen so far, not as extremely good as the four English ones, but not bad either:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JY7ZXlZEhCU
radiojamaica
Overbomber

Great to see The Sisters finally in the venue of my youth! The things I've seen there... oh the times... :innocent: :lol:

First of all it was great to see so many faces again and also quite a few firsttimers that wanted to see what all the fuss was about... I had a ball and wanna thank all of yous!

Black Moth i catched the last 2 songs. Was good fun for a sisters opening band. Nowhere near as good as Blutch so many years ago at the AB, but a gaziilion times better than Nihil on that tour in 2006 ;D Liked the leather hotpants of the singer too.

The gig itself was okay. Good setlist (allthough I would've liked to see them do 1959, but we did get Rain From Heaven and that's sooo good anyway), really good crowd, good moods all around it seemed.

But the week in the UK was still in their (his) bones and his voice was not in a very good state. Maybe that's why they didn't do 1959? So a rather silent singer in a rather silent band in front of a rather energetic and loud crowd (singalong!). When it was good, it was very good. But at times it was indeed below par. Nothing to loose sleep over, but I've seen them far better than last night.
What was frakkin' excellent though was the effect of the lights & smoke! It looked just terrific wherever I was standing/grooving!

As always I had a top nite out!
Very happy too with my Body Electric shirt 8)
in dub we trust
Being645
Above the Chemist

Found a snippet of Gift That Shines on YouTube ... a pity, they cut it off in the middle. The second half was quite interesting ... ;D ...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GhLeKdWInJ4

Just to mention in brief, I don't have any complaints about the sound. During More I checked for a good position to get the best sound while the band did some "finetuning" ... switching on this, making that better and another thing worse, turning down that and with the same controversial effect, trying more here and less there with the same result again ... so I thought, ok, it is as it is. The sound was quite ok were I had been first compared to Siukerrock, so I just go back there ... and suddenly like with another switch the sound became ... fine. There might have been some issues towards the end of the main set for a track or two. Phh, I don't mind. I fully enjoyed. The music was good, powerful and danceable, so what. And as to any complaints about Eldritch's voice, I didn't notice any weaknesses apart from the fact that the vocals got drowned in the sound time and again, but most of the time they were there, and they were strong, expressive and specific. He has step by step regained the potentials of his voice over the past few years, which is a) a very good thing, and a pleasure to hear, and was b) an adorable effort ... :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: ... Congrats! ... ;D ;D ;D ...
euphoria
Slight Overbomber

Being645 wrote: He has step by step regained the potentials of his voice over the past few years, which is a) a very good thing, and a pleasure to hear, and was b) an adorable effort
Thanks for the review!

Yes, something has improved I must say, maybe it also has to do with too big tours 2006-2012 straining the voice too much, I don't know. But what amazes me the most now is how happy he seems, as if really in love or something. The Greek interviews really show a genuinely "nice guy" in a way I haven't seen before.

Of course I don't expect any product release, but right now he seems like, "why the hell not?" :)
paint it black

^ perhaps he has a puppetmaster urging him to interact or die ;)
Goths have feelings too
Nikolas Vitus Lagartija
Overbomber

paint it black wrote:^ perhaps he has a puppetmaster urging him to interact or die ;)
And who would this puppet master be ? The infamous poodle ??
paint it black

Nikolas Vitus Lagartija wrote:
paint it black wrote:^ perhaps he has a puppetmaster urging him to interact or die ;)
And who would this puppet master be ? The infamous poodle ??
Similar hair

eta: hi markf :wink:
Goths have feelings too