October 22nd: Berlin C-halle

Gig news, reviews, set lists, thoughts, comments and observations on The Sisters live in 2015
Dr. Moody
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:
Aww ffs. Bah, what rotten luck.
dinky daisy
Slight Overbomber

Sorry for all.

Thus, best anti-smoking campaign of the century so far.
guns & cars & accidents
Being645
Above the Chemist

dinky daisy wrote:Sorry for all.

Thus, best anti-smoking campaign of the century so far.
Sorry indeed.

Though, non-smokers do get viral laryngitis as well and might suffer from it just as long.
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Indeed. The virus didn't come from the ciggies...
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
Joy

I don’t think that smokers would catch viral laryngitis more often. It’s absolutely unpredictable. There was a year when I caught it several times even though I don’t smoke. My father is a chain smoker (two boxes a day) and sometimes he does not have any illness like this for several years. However I support that smokers should quit smoking in general. In Von’s case I think the problem was that he did not fully recover and so it can easily return even weeks later. I hope he is having a rest and is recovering now… there is more time now till the next gig so there is a greater chance that it will disappear without anything left.
"Music is there to enrich your life and make you aware of things in a slightly different way."
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Joy wrote:However I support that smokers should quit smoking in general.
I think Eldritch is trying - hasn't he been spotted using an e-cig recently?
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

I'm a bit uncomfortable with making medical judgements when the only information we have is third-hand via the twitter feed (i.e. (presumably) Chris's report of what Andrew said the doctor told him...).

At this point I don't think there's a smoker alive who's unaware of the risks inherent to the habit. I'd guess that Eldritch is subjected to regular and lengthy lectures on the topic from various healthcare professionals; the last thing he needs is us joining in.
—Bertrand Russell
Joy

markfiend wrote:
Joy wrote:However I support that smokers should quit smoking in general.
I think Eldritch is trying - hasn't he been spotted using an e-cig recently?
We haven’t seen him smoke e-cigarettes, just real ones… but he smokes significantly less at gigs and there are gigs when he doesn’t smoke at all… e.g. in Roundhouse in October. I think he smokes white Marlboro instead of the red one, which is much weaker. Apparently he intends to decrease the harmful effects even if he hasn’t fully stopped smoking yet.
"Music is there to enrich your life and make you aware of things in a slightly different way."
dinky daisy
Slight Overbomber

Darlings, i was joking to lighten up the grey mood.
guns & cars & accidents
Being645
Above the Chemist

dinky daisy wrote:Darlings, i was joking to lighten up the grey mood.
In one of those Greek reviews, rumour has it that Von has given up smoking ... If that should be true - CONGRATS!!! Only, I can't believe it right now ... :wink: ...