October 24: Athens, Greece

Gig news, reviews, set lists, thoughts, comments and observations on The Sisters live in 2015
Being645
Above the Chemist

iesus wrote:Change in the place of concert in Athens...
Fuzz was too small and tickets run out ;D
It is Greek yes....
New place has better access with metro.
Cool... ;D ;D ;D ... And what is the name of the venue? Or is it enough to know the street and housenumber because it's full of venues?
iesus
Overbomber

Being645 wrote:
It is Greek yes....
Cool... ;D ;D ;D ... And what is the name of the venue? Or is it enough to know the street and housenumber because it's full of venues?
The venue has the same name with the street name. It is the famous from ancient times Iera Odos ;D

At the start of the road where it writes Vox but the other side.Map of the area
'Are we the Baddies?'...
"Someday! Someday, everything you need, is just gonna fall out of the sky..." -A.E. Reading 1991
"Don't forget that most of the judges in witches trials had harvard degrees."
Being645
Above the Chemist

iesus wrote:
Being645 wrote:
It is Greek yes....
The venue has the same name with the street name. It is the famous from ancient times Iera Odos ;D

At the start of the road where it writes Vox but the other side.Map of the area
Thank You! ... ;D ...

http://sisterswiki.org/Current_events#Greece
thanassis
Road Kill

SOLD OUT.....IN ATHENS 24/10/15!!!!
http://postwave.gr/sisters-mercy-allagi ... tin-athina
thanassis
Road Kill

damagedone
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

I just saw it is sold out.I am going in one way or another.See ya there
Keep Music Evil
euphoria
Slight Overbomber

Fuzz Club sold out, but promoters have changed to a bigger venue, so now it is NOT sold out :)

Similar to what happened in Cologne.
euphoria
Slight Overbomber

iesus wrote: At the start of the road where it writes Vox but the other side.Map of the area
Just to be 100 % certain, is it the building marked "Gazi music hall" on your map?
iesus
Overbomber

euphoria wrote:
iesus wrote: At the start of the road where it writes Vox but the other side.Map of the area
Just to be 100 % certain, is it the building marked "Gazi music hall" on your map?
In the center there is a dot named Vox if you change to streetview it's the other side of the street a brown building. :)
2 minutes walk from metro station Kerameikos
From Iakchou street (where it says Gazarte) forward to Iera Odos Av. then right till that brown building.
'Are we the Baddies?'...
"Someday! Someday, everything you need, is just gonna fall out of the sky..." -A.E. Reading 1991
euphoria
Slight Overbomber

iesus wrote:
euphoria wrote:
In the center there is a dot named Vox if you change to streetview it's the other side of the street a brown building. :)
From Iakchou street (where it says Gazarte) forward to Iera Odos Av. then right till that brown building.
Ah, the building where it says "TOC TOC" in Street view?
Thanks a lot :notworthy:
iesus
Overbomber

euphoria wrote:
iesus wrote:
euphoria wrote: Just to be 100 % certain, is it the building marked "Gazi music hall" on your map?
Ah, the building where it says "TOC TOC" in Street view?
Thanks a lot :notworthy:
Welcome :notworthy:
'Are we the Baddies?'...
euphoria
Slight Overbomber

Another Greek interview here;

http://www.rockoverdose.gr/news_details.php?id=41177

RockOverdose: Would you like to send a message to your fans in Greece?

Andrew Eldritch: I’ll do that from the stage with the microphone!
iesus
Overbomber

According to :von: the best compliment to him was "System Of A Down"'s reaction back in 2012 Australia tour when they saw him backstage they played without hesitation this Marian cover without signal or anything during their performance.

More in greek in Rocking.gr Eldritch interview :notworthy:
'Are we the Baddies?'...
Nikolas Vitus Lagartija
Overbomber

iesus wrote:According to :von: the best compliment to him was "System Of A Down"'s reaction back in 2012 Australia tour when they saw him backstage they played without hesitation this Marian cover without signal or anything during their performance.

More in greek in Rocking.gr Eldritch interview :notworthy:
Thanks for the link, enjoyed that interview (thanks to google translate). Though as a fellow Forest fan, I'm probably biased.
euphoria
Slight Overbomber

Have you noticed in recent interviews, not only this tour but the last years, that he almost emphasizes how he prefers movies instead of music, to sort of really stress just how disinterested he is in music? :lol:
That being said, I *can* actually see, from his answers, some product being released nowadays, as it's now possible to do without the effort of a full album release. "We have so many songs" sounds interesting.
lazarus corporation
Lord Protector

"We are working on rescheduling the Athens show for next year. Huge apologies to all; especially those who have travelled from far afield."

https://twitter.com/tsomofficial/status ... 3876178944

The full message (collated from various tweets):
We are very sorry to announce that the remaining dates of our tour have been postponed due to an outbreak of viral laryngitis in the band.

Köln Palladium has been rescheduled to Dec 8 and Berlin Columbiahalle will be on Dec 9. Tickets will still be valid for these shows.

We are working on rescheduling the Athens show for next year. Huge apologies to all; especially those who have travelled from far afield.

Andrew received a doctor's note this morning instructing him not to sing for at least 7 days. Chris and Dave are also suffering, along with several of the crew. We hate cancelling gigs; we hope that the rearranged shows will make up for it.

So, to reiterate, tickets will be valid for the rescheduled shows, but if you need a refund, please see your ticket office. Sorry, all.
iesus
Overbomber

Best wishes for recover to all the band and crew

'Are we the Baddies?'...
euphoria
Slight Overbomber

iesus wrote:Best wishes for recover to all the band and crew
Absolutely :notworthy:

Hoping for a spring gig at Iera Odos :von:
iesus
Overbomber

euphoria wrote:
iesus wrote:Best wishes for recover to all the band and crew
Absolutely :notworthy:

Hoping for a spring gig at Iera Odos :von:
Would love to see other HL's if come to Athens in Spring :D
'Are we the Baddies?'...
lazarus corporation
Lord Protector

The Sisters on Twitter wrote:We are pleased to announce a rescheduled date for Athens - Sunday 6th December 2015, at Gazi Music Hall, Athens, Greece.

As with the rescheduled German gigs, original tickets remain valid, but refunds are available from point of purchase if you need them.
Joy

lazarus corporation wrote:
The Sisters on Twitter wrote:We are pleased to announce a rescheduled date for Athens - Sunday 6th December 2015, at Gazi Music Hall, Athens, Greece.

As with the rescheduled German gigs, original tickets remain valid, but refunds are available from point of purchase if you need them.
Wow..Santa Claus ;D
"Music is there to enrich your life and make you aware of things in a slightly different way."
euphoria
Slight Overbomber

I'm laughing right now, but as a friend once said, it's not a laughter of joy, but of insanity - the Sisters are currently peaking and better than..in an eternity. I buy two tickets, Berlin and Athens, both are cancelled, and postponed to the only dates in the foreseeable future when I can NOT attend any concerts :eek: ;D :lol: :cry:
TheBoyNextDoor

euphoria wrote:I'm laughing right now, but as a friend once said, it's not a laughter of joy, but of insanity - the Sisters are currently peaking and better than..in an eternity. I buy two tickets, Berlin and Athens, both are cancelled, and postponed to the only dates in the foreseeable future when I can NOT attend any concerts :eek: ;D :lol: :cry:
Oh no. Really bad luck, I feel sorry for you.. :(
euphoria
Slight Overbomber

Thanks Johan :notworthy:

But, fortunately I know the right way to take on this kind of problems - get drunk and pretend they don't exist ;D

Most disturbing is actually that I'm convinced all three postponed gigs will be true above average stormers.
Squeakymouse
Road Kill
Location: The place in the side of our lives where nothing is ever put straight

Does anyone know if any more tickets are being released for sale for the new Athens venue? There isn't a link on the Sisters website. Mr Squeakymouse thinks he might have found a link but it points to the original venue and its all in Greek. Thanks :?
Some days I amaze myself. Other days I put the laundry in the oven.