Any good one liners?

Gig news, reviews, set lists, thoughts, comments and observations on The Sisters live in 2015
User avatar
EmmaPeelWannaBe
Slight Overbomber
Posts: 1447
Joined: 10 Jul 2015, 21:55
Location: San Francisco

I don't remember hearing any good :von: one liners from this tour. Did anyone catch any?
Poisonheart
Road Kill
Posts: 30
Joined: 14 Oct 2015, 19:56

During the Manc gig Andy kept saying "we're not from here". As they left the stage for the first encore he said it again , someone booed. Andy came back and said "For the guy who just booed, the criminal half of my family are from here, thank you"..I could upload the video if I could be arsed.
User avatar
euphoria
Slight Overbomber
Posts: 1107
Joined: 11 Mar 2003, 19:39
Location: Berlin

I'm certain I heard "We're not from here" in one of the London clips as well. Seems he has become so nice that he cannot even heckle the crowd properly anymore :wink:
C'mon Andrew, say something mean! Uh,ok, uh.."we're not from here?" ;D
User avatar
Joy
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth
Posts: 636
Joined: 10 Oct 2013, 18:50

Not too many words but so much more heartwarming. In the Roundhouse when the audience expressed their love loudly (screaming, huge applause) Von looked at the crowd, smiling, and said: “Me too.�
I would be pleased to find it in the vids and I may upload it.
"Music is there to enrich your life and make you aware of things in a slightly different way."
User avatar
czuczu
Slight Overbomber
Posts: 1855
Joined: 24 Oct 2005, 14:11
Location: UK

Before Dominion:
This one's for you... cos we're thinking... one big dirty bomb! :von:
is a fairly pointed introduction for a London crowd :lol:
@stuczu
RockNRoll Mercenary
Amphetamine Filth
Posts: 238
Joined: 01 Oct 2012, 16:01
Location: London

'We're not from here' in London was before Gift That Shines.

There was also 'Ladies and Gentlemen, Boys and Girls...' and 'But nevermind that, nevermind that'. The latter was before This Corrosion I think but can't remember the other.
'Every saint has a past and every sinner has a future'- Oscar Wilde
I'll see you tomorrow.
User avatar
EmmaPeelWannaBe
Slight Overbomber
Posts: 1447
Joined: 10 Jul 2015, 21:55
Location: San Francisco

And "Welcome to my house" in Leeds.
My life is one long week of stupid clothing benders.
User avatar
Joy
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth
Posts: 636
Joined: 10 Oct 2013, 18:50

RockNRoll Mercenary wrote:'We're not from here' in London was before Gift That Shines.

There was also 'Ladies and Gentlemen, Boys and Girls...' and 'But nevermind that, nevermind that'. The latter was before This Corrosion I think but can't remember the other.
"We're not from here" I have found it so I uploaded it for you.

(I am also looking for "Me too" but that will take a while to watch the whole gig.)


https://youtu.be/tVXPPbZ_PS8
"Music is there to enrich your life and make you aware of things in a slightly different way."
Poisonheart
Road Kill
Posts: 30
Joined: 14 Oct 2015, 19:56

User avatar
EmmaPeelWannaBe
Slight Overbomber
Posts: 1447
Joined: 10 Jul 2015, 21:55
Location: San Francisco

Joy wrote:
RockNRoll Mercenary wrote:'We're not from here' in London was before Gift That Shines.

There was also 'Ladies and Gentlemen, Boys and Girls...' and 'But nevermind that, nevermind that'. The latter was before This Corrosion I think but can't remember the other.
"We're not from here" I have found it so I uploaded it for you.

(I am also looking for "Me too" but that will take a while to watch the whole gig.)


https://youtu.be/tVXPPbZ_PS8
Thanks for uploading Joy! I think I was just a few feet away from you.
User avatar
EmmaPeelWannaBe
Slight Overbomber
Posts: 1447
Joined: 10 Jul 2015, 21:55
Location: San Francisco

Poisonheart wrote:manc, voila

https://youtu.be/7cBSbnnpnug
Thank you for being arsed, Poisonheart

:innocent:
User avatar
Mothra
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth
Posts: 556
Joined: 16 May 2006, 14:03
Location: looking for the can in the candy store

I think I just heard 'It's hard to sing when you're grinning' on the Nottingham recording that Eggi posted.

Does Andrew come across as happier than usual on this tour? That great clip of him at the start of Lucretia at the London, he generally sounds more up for it than he has done in a while on the recordings I've heard and the (London) gig that I was at.
User avatar
Joy
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth
Posts: 636
Joined: 10 Oct 2013, 18:50

I have been looking for "Me too" for a while and then I have realised I have uploaded it quite a while ago. :lol:

Flood II - Check at 5:30

Yeah..Me too..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nLacCfFzJ18
"Music is there to enrich your life and make you aware of things in a slightly different way."
User avatar
EmmaPeelWannaBe
Slight Overbomber
Posts: 1447
Joined: 10 Jul 2015, 21:55
Location: San Francisco

Mothra wrote:I think I just heard 'It's hard to sing when you're grinning' on the Nottingham recording that Eggi posted.

Does Andrew come across as happier than usual on this tour? That great clip of him at the start of Lucretia at the London, he generally sounds more up for it than he has done in a while on the recordings I've heard and the (London) gig that I was at.
I'd have described him as giddy this tour. No gothic angst at all!
User avatar
Mothra
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth
Posts: 556
Joined: 16 May 2006, 14:03
Location: looking for the can in the candy store

EmmaPeelWannaBe wrote:
Mothra wrote:I think I just heard 'It's hard to sing when you're grinning' on the Nottingham recording that Eggi posted.

Does Andrew come across as happier than usual on this tour? That great clip of him at the start of Lucretia at the London, he generally sounds more up for it than he has done in a while on the recordings I've heard and the (London) gig that I was at.
I'd have described him as giddy this tour. No gothic angst at all!
Retirement fund nearly there?
Chaos Lady
Road Kill
Posts: 6
Joined: 19 Oct 2015, 17:28
Location: In the heart of the Wildwood

Yeah :von: seemed in a good place. His sign off at Rock City said it all really:

“We normally do gigs and gigs are fine, but this? This was a party, thanks!�
User avatar
EmmaPeelWannaBe
Slight Overbomber
Posts: 1447
Joined: 10 Jul 2015, 21:55
Location: San Francisco

Listening to the excellent video from Lasyboylive just remembered another one liner:
After Alice when the crowd missed our opening during the sing-along (which seemed to delight Von) :von: said "That's the last time I give you the mic."
My life is one long week of stupid clothing benders.
User avatar
euphoria
Slight Overbomber
Posts: 1107
Joined: 11 Mar 2003, 19:39
Location: Berlin

What is he saying here, right at the start of Valentine in London?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NVDupbf ... .be&t=2774
User avatar
czuczu
Slight Overbomber
Posts: 1855
Joined: 24 Oct 2005, 14:11
Location: UK

euphoria wrote:What is he saying here, right at the start of Valentine in London?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NVDupbf ... .be&t=2774
"Ladies and gentlemen, Ben Christo will be drawing the raffle after the show?"

:?: :?
@stuczu
paint it black
Black, black, black & even blacker
Posts: 4510
Joined: 11 Jul 2002, 01:00

euphoria wrote:What is he saying here, right at the start of Valentine in London?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NVDupbf ... .be&t=2774
On first listen

Ladies and gentlemen Mr Ben Christo the guitarist thank you very much


Stu's is better though
Empathy is wasted by nice people
aVoX
Road Kill
Posts: 81
Joined: 04 May 2013, 20:09
Location: between the devil and the deep blue sea

Chaos Lady wrote:Yeah :von: seemed in a good place. His sign off at Rock City said it all really:

“We normally do gigs and gigs are fine, but this? This was a party, thanks!�
If anyone is interested, I found a video of that: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=40WN5vvIb6I (song ends at 3:51, followed by a ton of applause, at 4:59 Von starts talking again)
I think this is the first time I heard Von say something positive about the audience and the Sisters fans ;D
User avatar
Being645
Above the Chemist
Posts: 12702
Joined: 09 Apr 2009, 12:54
Location: reconstruction status: 76,8%

aVoX wrote:
Chaos Lady wrote:Yeah :von: seemed in a good place. His sign off at Rock City said it all really:

“We normally do gigs and gigs are fine, but this? This was a party, thanks!�
If anyone is interested, I found a video of that: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=40WN5vvIb6I (song ends at 3:51, followed by a ton of applause, at 4:59 Von starts talking again)
I think this is the first time I heard Von say something positive about the audience and the Sisters fans ;D
Swallowed with pleasure ... :D :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: ...

http://sisterswiki.org/Thu,_15-Oct-2015 ... al_Cookies

Thank you very much for the link! ... :kiss: ...
User avatar
EmmaPeelWannaBe
Slight Overbomber
Posts: 1447
Joined: 10 Jul 2015, 21:55
Location: San Francisco

More fan appreciation

Leeds after TOL, "Thanks for coming this is a beautiful event. We wouldn't be here if it wasn't for you. What I was basically(?) trying to say is this is us saying your fun."

At this rate they'll start having fan appreciation days and giving out bobble-head dolls.
d0gbones
Amphetamine Filth
Posts: 130
Joined: 18 Aug 2015, 13:01
Location: lost in the drift

Pretty sure it was "this is your fault". Is there a Leeds recording yet?
aVoX
Road Kill
Posts: 81
Joined: 04 May 2013, 20:09
Location: between the devil and the deep blue sea

d0gbones wrote:Pretty sure it was "this is your fault". Is there a Leeds recording yet?
Found one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R0IOUdqdYbE (quality is meh, but I'm still thankful to whoever uploaded it, obviously). Song ends at 3:33, at 4:55 Von blames the audience ;D
The very end is also worth watching, never saw the band stay on the stage much longer after the last song; also the Nurse debunks all myths of being glued to the Doktor by coming forward too.
Locked