November 26: Sheffield University Foundry, UK

Gig news, reviews, set lists, thoughts, comments and observations on The Sisters live in 2016
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed

abraxas wrote:I'm back under a new name
rumplestiltskin is equally as flippant a guess as it's my best : another clue?
Well I was handsome and I was strong
And I knew the words to every song.
"Did my singing please you?"
"No! The words you sang were wrong!"

:bat:
eastmidswhizzkid

so: after the gig is i've got 4 or 5 hours to kill before my bus to leeds for mr denbigh's benefit gig: any club/dive/alleyway recommendations as an alternative to chain-smoking outside the coach station much appreciated. (leeds at 6am is no problem -i've been stranded there with no phone/money/drugs for days before so this should be a doddle. in fact i'm looking forward to the experience. :wink: )

markfiend
goriller of form 3b

I got stuck in Sheffield once after a gig. Some kind souls offered me a sleeping bag on their couch. I’ve always depended on the kindness of strangers.
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
abraxas
Road Kill

eastmidswhizzkid wrote:
was previously Nikjw - but computer fail and some weird stuff with my previous email address means I had to set up a new account on here
eastmidswhizzkid

abraxas wrote:
eastmidswhizzkid wrote:
was previously Nikjw - but computer fail and some weird stuff with my previous email address means I had to set up a new account on here
ah ty for that. and welcome back. :von:

eastmidswhizzkid

Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

That's your evening sorted! :notworthy: The Corporation is a cracking club, or it used to be at any rate. I've vague memories of the drummer from VNV Nation picking my ex-wife up off the dancefloor, with no effort whatsoever, after spotting her tongue drooling out her gob and across the floor in his direction :lol:
Jammy git, you'll love it :D
eastmidswhizzkid

and Presley (who's posted this on FuckFace and must work there) suggests we may get some sort of discount or something. bonza!

so: saturday up to shef on the coach, meet-up and drink gin at the pre-sisters Gin-fest that at least me and Victoria (EmmaPeelWannaBe) will be patronising, see the Industrial Groove Machine, hit this goth club, bus it to Leeds first thing, and have a nice relaxing soiree at Mr Denbigh's do. :von:

Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

I really should get a hotel room sorted for this.
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
eastmidswhizzkid

ay up Barry! should be a good weekend all round eh? 8)

Chaotican
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

Anyone know of any tickets for sale?

I'm supposed to fly back to California on the 25th but I'm 80% of the way to delaying my return and seeing the whole tour. Sheffield is totally sold out - nothing on stub hub even.
paint it black
Black, black, black & even blacker

Chaotican wrote:Anyone know of any tickets for sale?

I'm supposed to fly back to California on the 25th but I'm 80% of the way to delaying my return and seeing the whole tour. Sheffield is totally sold out - nothing on stub hub even.
Tweet Chris. Tell him of your distance over time and hint and a guest list pass.

From what I'm hearing you may need to extend another day to cover Sunday.

Good luck
Goths have feelings too
eastmidswhizzkid

i'm off. i'll sithee (thats's see you in mock-yorkshire for our american cousins) in the gin-fest. i'm the bald c**t with sunglasses on top of his head wearing a Heartland t-shirt. so you know who to avoid. :von:

Being645
Above the Chemist

eastmidswhizzkid wrote:i'm off. i'll sithee (thats's see you in mock-yorkshire for our american cousins) in the gin-fest. i'm the bald c**t with sunglasses on top of his head wearing a Heartland t-shirt. so you know who to avoid. :von:
... :lol: ... loads of pleasure and joy to you and everybody who's going ... and to those performing of course as well .... ;D ...

* Here's an evening of playing cards with the elderly remains of the family ... :lol: ... though they have to go to bed early, so I'll be back in time for first reviews ... ;D ...
mh
Above the Chemist

Enjoy, all, hope it's a blinder of a show!
If I told them once, I told them a hundred times to put 'Spinal Tap' first and 'Puppet Show' last.
eastmidswhizzkid

Sat in the ginfest and its full of fucking students :lol: Seen 1 sisters fan so far and he was about 10 ( years and IQ).
At least i got here - sheffield is a most confusing city. :?

Pista
Cureboi

Have a splendid time this evening ladles & jellyspoons :D
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
euphoria
Slight Overbomber

@tsomofficial:
Just been told that there are 15 tickets left on the door to tonight Sisters gig at Sheffield Foundry. First come, first served.
abridged
Slight Overbomber

Wonderfull! As good as Leeds XXX I would say. Same setlist I think. Really very very good! :-)
The Chancer Corporation
abraxas
Road Kill

That was a very good gig
Venue took some finding though
Still one of the pesky kids
paint it black
Black, black, black & even blacker

Bang on.very hot in the mosh pit

Not a ful! Alice due to a protest from Von over people on shoulders.

He won in the end
Goths have feelings too
godgirl

paint it black wrote:Bang on.very hot in the mosh pit

Not a ful! Alice due to a protest from Von over people on shoulders.

He won in the end
Obviously, to clarify, the protest on his part was to let people stay up, not that he, 30+ years later, took offence. :)

:innocent:

Marge xxx
"When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle. Then I realised God doesn't work that way, so I stole one and prayed for forgiveness"
ROBBIE

It was nice to have a home town gig for a change, nice to be able to leave the venue, get in the car and drive home to my bed, instead of walking back to a hotel. I did actually wonder if I was in the right place when I first walked into building, all these nicely decorated walls, all well lit corridors and security that actually smiled.

Not being particularly tall and seeing the stage was not very high I decided to venture towards the front near Chris and hoped it wouldn't get to squashy. Turned it was the right move as I got a good view, despite the guy in front having a ten foot Mohican. Thankfully he didn't keep turning his head sideways and blocking the view.

Had a great time, the sound seemed fine, although it was difficult to hear fully being that close to the PA. Saw :von: almost poke the security with his microphone stand when they first tried to stop the people on shoulders and he later went over and said something which got a nod in return. Loved how he kept saying manyana to the all the requests for certain songs. Still not quite convinced by the suit, does make me think he is about to break into a Sinatra song at any moment.

The roadie testing :von: mic made me smile when he kept saying 'von's microphone in the house.' Also had to laugh at the two girls behind who obviously hadn't seen them for a while and 'hoped the would play all the classics' - are there any other ?

Same set list as Birmingham.

I have seen them seven times this year and it was such a great ending to the tour. Thank you The Sisters of Mercy.
"Genevieve, I think you're lovely But Genevieve, it's time” TSOM 2020
chillgod
Road Kill

go tonight and make it eight. you know you want to
Chaotican

This started out wonderfully and got better. Instead of shivering in an outdoor line, we got to lounge on couches in the student center and snack and drink. The venue and stage was small with low ceilings, but that didn't hurt the acoustic as at all.

Enthusiastic crowd, great energy, and as others have said, - security guard who backed down and let people enjoy. (She was facing away from the stage when Andrew went over to thank her later. He startled her quite a bit!)

It was dripping sweat hot with people peeling off their clothes. The temperature difference between Liverpool and Sheffield was probably 40+ degrees!

Really enjoyed this one.