September 23rd: Schlachthof e.V. Wiesbaden Germany

Gig news, reviews, set lists, thoughts, comments and observations on The Sisters live in 2017
Joy
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

"Music is there to enrich your life and make you aware of things in a slightly different way."
Chaotican
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

Quick impressions from the road to Dortmund.

There is a festival in Wiesbaden this weekend and it has made for happy locals without extra crowds and traffic. Next to the venue, there was a skateboarding competition and a pub and food trucks and grass and a ton of public transport. Good location.

The line started early and people were drinking, greeting, and having a good time. I got held up by security as I tried to explain that the thing in my purse was a charger and no, you can not smoke it, so I didn't get to stake out a spot. (Many thanks to those who made room in various locations!)

The stage was large and the mirrors were perfectly placed. I viewed from a few different locations and it always gave an interesting and offbalance, yet cohesive, view.

The Membranes started strong and had an excellent set (both site and sound) the whole way through. The crowd loved it and there was dancing and enthusiasm. Black is the color was a highlight this time.

The Sisters came out very strong as well and More and Ribbons were stunning. There was more smoke than before in Ribbons and it worked with the red lights as they saturated and then cut through the air. The energy of the set was varied, with enough high notes to make for a very enjoyable show. Summer was another auditory and visual treat and FALAA has been a standout in the last few gigs.

"Stand up if you love America" seems like a good introduction to Revolver now and an appropriate comment on how far we've come from the good old days of Vision Thing. Wonder what's next...

The crowd really came to life for Lucretia and there was pushing. Have I mentioned that having rib pain is getting really f**king old? I had to move because ouch. I rejoined Bert and Ron way off to the side and enjoyed ToL (complete with floor lights, but not so many this time) and Corrosion from there.

Afterwards was a blast as well. We stayed out until the wee hours of the morning and I got to meet some Facebook friends who quickly became new favorite people. The table at the pub even had my name on it.

Also, if you are in Germany, good luck with the election. Nervous for you.

In honor of Wiesbaden, though I couldn't talk my ride buddies into stopping at the gambling house:
“There is something at the bottom of every new human thought, every thought of genius, or even every earnest thought that springs up in any brain, which can never be communicated to others, even if one were to write volumes about it and were explaining one's idea for thirty-five years; there's something left which cannot be induced to emerge from your brain, and remains with you forever; and with it you will die, without communicating to anyone perhaps the most important of your ideas.�
― Fyodor Dostoyevsky, The Idiot
Pista
Cureboi

Another nice review there. Thankyou :notworthy:
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
Joy
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

"Music is there to enrich your life and make you aware of things in a slightly different way."
Selena
Amphetamine Filth

Being645 wrote:
Selena wrote:Well, I'm there... unfortunately couldnt make it earlier.

(Okay why are people non-stop talking during a concert?! If you hate it this much, GTFO!! :evil: )
Oh hell, I wish for you that The Sisters outplay those idiots (and all the former frustration) ... ;D ...
(Sorry forgot to reply)

Oh yes :) the evening got much better (as soon as I found a better spot)

Great concert, I enjoyed it! :D