September 15th: Progression Warsaw, Poland

Gig news, reviews, set lists, thoughts, comments and observations on The Sisters live in 2017
Pista
Cureboi

A few more details here

Setlist: with thanks to Spiggythecat :notworthy:
More
Ribbons
Doctor Jeep/Detonation Boulevard
Crash & Burn
Walk Away
No Time To Cry
Body & Soul
Marian
Alice
Arms
Dominion/Mother Russia
Summer
First & Last & Always
Rumble
Flood II
Something Fast

Encore:
Thats When I Reach For My Revolver
Temple Of Love
Lucretia, My Reflection
Vision Thing
This Corrosion
Last edited by Pista on 16 Sep 2017, 08:34, edited 1 time in total.
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

gig's on venue site already.
Arek
Road Kill

Tickets on the shelf already:)
mailia
Road Kill

Can somebody tell me how ordering tickets works? I will pay them online and then I have to pick them up somewhere before concert.. Where, when and how?
Pista
Cureboi

mailia wrote:Can somebody tell me how ordering tickets works? I will pay them online and then I have to pick them up somewhere before concert.. Where, when and how?
If it's like other venues, you'll need to pick them up at the venue before the show & will have to produce the card you purchased them with
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
Spiggythecat
Amphetamine Filth

And the kissing and the colours come crushing down
Pista
Cureboi

Have a big ol' banger of a show tonight everyone :D
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
Being645
Above the Chemist

Same from here ... ;D ;D ;D ... have a wonderful evening all over there in Warsaw ... ;D ...

I gotta hurry off now to duties until late ... :kiss: ...
lszymc
Road Kill

Pista wrote:Have a big ol' banger of a show tonight everyone :D
Thanks! I'll be there!

Łukasz
Chaotican
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

Such an amazing show! The Warsaw crowd's energy was matched by the band. I have a story and more notes - update later. (I actually fainted after getting totally sucker punched against the rail.)
Charlie
Slight Overbomber

Chaotican wrote:Such an amazing show! The Warsaw crowd's energy was matched by the band. I have a story and more notes - update later. (I actually fainted after getting totally sucker punched against the rail.)
Wow! Hope you're ok, looking forward to the review!
Spiggythecat
Amphetamine Filth

setlist
https://scontent-bru2-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/ ... e=5A58D22D

gig was great, I have feeling TSOM have really enjoyed it together with the crowd. I don't recall Andrew so enthusiastic while on stage.
And the kissing and the colours come crushing down
Chaotican

That was quite possibly the best show I've seen. Everything you want in a rock concert, with all the nuance that The Sisters bring and a crowd that amplified every piece. I am sorry for everyone who wasn't there! And I say this despite the fact that it hurt to move or breathe for me... (Or possibly because of the endorphins associated with that, I guess?)

My impressions of Warsaw were that the people are stoic and bull-s**t free. (I actually scoped out the venue yesterday and was able to walk right in and look around and no one questioned me; it is just a place where you do your thing and no one needs to be involved in your business. I like it.) I was already thinking, "This crowd will likely be rough and appreciative and fun" before I heard warnings of the intensity of Gdansk.

I got there early because doors open early and ended up second or so in line. The venue is gritty and authentic-feeling. There was a sparse crowd and they again had a very focused feel to them. No fluff here, just raw gigging at its finest.

The Membranes appeared to be unknown to those around me, but they were well-received. Dark Energy was a standout - I remember that. I ended up dead center against the barrier and I was holding a drink near the end of the set. There wasn't too much movement in the crowd. And there was a gap behind me.

Then, out of nowhere, I got sucker-slammed from behind with enough force that I crushed my drink and doubled over the barrier before I could figure out what had happened. Someone hit me HARD. I tried to recover but I was pretty sure I was going to throw up and it hurt too badly to take a proper breath. I couldn't even confront the guy who did it because I couldn't seem to focus. I just leaned over and tried to shake it off.

During hum of the universe, which was the next song in, I couldn't see the lights anymore. Everything was becoming black and fuzzy and I just couldn't breathe. I figured I needed air and started to move away.

I'm not sure how far I got, but next thing I knew, I was very comfortably warm and sleeping. And I wasn't alone, but was unexpectedly spooning someone, it seemed. I'm happy to say that my instinct was to cuddle rather than respond with lethal force, so perhaps there is hope for the future after all...

Then I was outside on cold cement and there were medics around asking me if I'd taken drugs. I was in the offstage smoking section, it seemed. I asked, "did i FAINT?!" I had. A security man had picked me up and carried me outside to the offstage smoking section, I assume, as I got to wave at Dave.

Interesting conversation ensured as the medics figured out that no, I wasn't on any drugs just then and we chatted about the band, the crowd that followed them, and the cost of an ambulance ride. (FREE!) They took my blood pressure and heart rate (low, but then I'm an athlete who should be able to take a damn punch...) and asked me if I needed a pain killer. I said yes, I did need a pain killer and that my pain killer of choice was about to take the stage so I'd really like to return. They let me go.

I hung back for a bit and couldn't see much from the sides. I figured that I don't know how many more shows I'll get a chance to see and I'm sure as hell not losing one to hurt ribs so I headed back to the front. Big thanks to Ronald for saving my spot and for the concern. My security guard was charming and came to check in. I asked for a commemorative selfie and he said yes, but don't show his wife... Love is always over in the morning, I guess.

News apparently spread and others showed their concern during and after the gig and it is much appreciated. Really makes me feel like part of something here!

The show... I know that I always appreciate these gigs and so it is hard to convey when it is a new level of awesome. The crowd was...gleeful. Even the violent man/men behind me (some of whom eventually got removed) seemed devoid of malice. And the band was ON FIRE. Chris was owning the stage with jumps and flash, and even the subtle parts like the acoustic bit at the end of Flood were larger than life. Andrew sounded great and was enthusiastic and feeding off the crowd and Ben was clearly in his element with all the energy and we could see Dave perfectly in the mirrors, always giving his all.

The hits were again the highlight for this crowd, with the enthusiasm swelling after a few bars of each and people shouting the names of the songs with joy. I missed some of Body and Soul as the violence continued, with me more prepared this time. Oddly, the main offender grabbed my hand during Something Fast and pressed against me. I puzzled over that for a minute and then kicked him, which didn't seem to encourage him at all, so it wasn't all some Klingon-like mating ritual, I suppose.

I still couldn't (still can't) breathe deeply or raise my arms during Flood or Corrosion, but it didn't matter. Totally worth it. Hung around for a bit and then walked over to McD's with another heartlander.

Fantastic show, seriously. Tomorrow, I go visit Auschwitz and then meet up with family nearby. This show is fuel enough to deal. Hope there were videos so you can witness it if you weren't there.
Pista
Cureboi

Great review Sarah & hope your ribs recover soon
:notworthy: :notworthy:
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
mandrake

Woh! Some gig for you. Take care now!
Charlie
Slight Overbomber

Sounds intense! Glad you made it back in time to see the show! Great review! :D
Being645
Above the Chemist

Many thanks for the setlist and for the first review, Sarah ... :notworthy: :kiss: :notworthy: ... oh hell ... Klingon mating rituals obviously need revision ... :lol: ...

The canon, I noted in yesterday's vids, seems intended ... and it's coming over cool and dynamic ... and wasn't that always a mark of Sisters music back in the days ... ;D ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dGh9bbXpu8I - More ... yes, Good Evening ... ;D ...
Last edited by Being645 on 16 Sep 2017, 13:29, edited 1 time in total.
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

It's those Dothraki mating rituals you wanna be especially careful of ;D

Fab review (and associated adventures), there was a time during the Noughties that any Sisters gig or related-event seemed to end in A&E.

Looks like another superb show, no matter what my or anyone's personal opinions of all things Sisterly these days, there's just no arguing with a sold out & rocking show, it's a pretty effective bottom-line to any such discussion.
radiojamaica
Overbomber

You're a trooper! Good to hear you could still enjoy the gig that much after all of that :notworthy: :notworthy:
in dub we trust
euphoria
Slight Overbomber

This must be one of the most unusual Sisters-related photos I've seen, Andrew posing with a fan gift from Warsaw :eek: :lol:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BZGmiVqnTAR/

And thank you Chaotican for your reviews, they make the tour more entertaining to follow :notworthy:
UniversalRinging
Amphetamine Filth

Get well soon Chaotican!
Chaotican

Thanks for the encouragement and well wishes! You all give validity to the never-ending dialogue inside my head. ;)

On the way back from Auschwitz (which I've written about at great length, of course), I sat next to a Danish doctor. He diagnosed a cracked rib (I know - a true fan would have gotten three cracked ribs) based on the positions in which I can breathe. An in depth conversation about American health care and why "wait and see" is our preferred treatment ensued.

I'll be prepping for rosh hashanah with some orthodox family so I'll catch you all in Budapest!

PS - is it just me or does everyone think that picture/art project should be made into a quilt?
Joy
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

"Music is there to enrich your life and make you aware of things in a slightly different way."