Sisters 2019

Gig news, reviews, set lists, thoughts, comments and observations on The Sisters live in 2019
ROBBIE
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

Pista wrote:Been doing the Cure's tour the past few weeks & a lot of the festivals are doing live streams.
Any chance of a live stream from any of The Sisters' gigs?
Any guesses.... :roll:
"Genevieve, I think you're lovely But Genevieve, it's time” TSOM 2020
Depprocksfarfar

Opening act A.A Williams for most of the european dates. We could do a lot worse.

https://www.facebook.com/aawilliamsmusic/

"MY BAND AND I WILL SUPPORT THE SISTERS OF MERCY ON THEIR FORTHCOMING EUROPEAN TOUR //

12.09 THESSALONIKI, GR // Fix Factory Of Sound
13.09 ATHENS, GR // Gazi Music Hall
26.09 COPENHAGEN, DK // Amager Bio
28.09 OSLO, NO // Rockefeller Music Hall
29.09 STOCKHOLM, SE // Munchenbryggeriet
01.10 GOTHENBURG, SE // Tradgarn
02.10 MALMO, SE // Kulturbolaget (KB)
04.10 BERLIN, DE // Columbiahalle
06.10 WROCLAW, PL // A2
07.10 KRAKOW, PL // Klub Studio
10.10 DRESDEN, DE // Alter Schlachthof
11.10 MUNICH, DE // Tonhalle
13.11 STUTTGART, DE // LKA Longhorn
14.11 COLOGNE, DE // E-Werk
16.11 LUXEMBOURG CITY, LU // Den Atelier
17.11 WIESBADEN, DE // Schlachthof
19.11 PARIS, FR // Bataclan
20.11 UTRECHT, NL // Tivoli Vredenburg"
Being645
Above the Chemist

Sounds interesting ... :D ... here's a link to their official website ...

https://www.aawilliamsmusic.com/
Pista
Cureboi

Being645 wrote:Sounds interesting ... :D ... here's a link to their official website ...

https://www.aawilliamsmusic.com/
& she's just joined the forum
https://www.myheartland.co.uk/viewtopic ... 008#674008
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
euphoria
Slight Overbomber

All support bands are now on the official Live News, haven't checked in a week or so, might have been there longer.
Depprocksfarfar

euphoria wrote:All support bands are now on the official Live News, haven't checked in a week or so, might have been there longer.
Interesting! Not visible on Google chrome, but on Explorer!
ruffers
Overbomber

Hmm. Your Chrome is broken I think, I can see the support bands fine.

Thanks euphoria btw.
Chucking another log on, reversing the polarity of the neutron flow
Depprocksfarfar

ruffers wrote:Hmm. Your Chrome is broken I think, I can see the support bands fine.

Thanks euphoria btw.
Works now!
Being645
Above the Chemist

euphoria wrote:All support bands are now on the official Live News, haven't checked in a week or so, might have been there longer.
Me neither, so thank for the hint. Just updating the SistersWiki as well ... :D ...

Interestingly, the Curitiba gig is still NOT listed ... so a slight uncertainty about that one remains ... :wink:
Husek
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Being645 wrote:
Me neither, so thank for the hint. Just updating the SistersWiki as well ... :D ...

Interestingly, the Curitiba gig is still NOT listed ... so a slight uncertainty about that one remains ... :wink:

On the other hand, it's confirmed at the support band's website:
07 NOVEMBRO
Toinha Brasil Show – Brasília com The Sisters Of Mercy

08 NOVEMBRO
Ópera de Arame (CWB) com The Sisters Of Mercy

09 NOVEMBRO
Tom Brasil – São Paulo com The Sisters Of Mercy

10 NOVEMBRO
Vivo Rio – Rio de Janeiro com The Sisters Of Mercy

14 NOVEMBRO
Blondie – Santiago, Chile com The Sisters Of Mercy

16 NOVEMBRO
Circo Volador – CDMX, MÉXICO com The Sisters Of Mercy
src: http://www.thesecretsociety.com.br/
Project Personal Dok
Hardware: 100% (Single Hackintosh)
AU: 90%
Software: 90%
The Final Floorshow - My Own Sisters T-Shirt Shop
Being645
Above the Chemist

Good to know. It'ss probably only an oversight, that it's not mentioned on the Live News page, yet.

Btw, this looks like one of the best concert photos from the festivals so far ... :D
https://www.instagram.com/p/B1EmuJxgV_M/
ROBBIE

So the summer festivals have finished. Three weeks until Part Two starts. No real surprises in the setlist but then that was not unexpected as the length of sets varied so much. Now we head indoors for twelve weeks or so, from Greece to Mexico and many points in between.

Guess we all have our favourites, our wishes, and our dreams. Here are some of mine.

New intro music – Colours (instrumental) just 1 – 2 mins. Also thought about the Requiem intro from Royal Albert Hall in 1985.

New opening track – always wanted to see Dominion and Vision Thing but in the absence of those Crash and Burn would be my choice.

Ben has been teasing # on his instagram posts this summer and one stood out as I had already been thinking about Nine While Nine for a while. Of the reworked FALAA tracks Walk Away comes across far better than No Time To Cry, Marian is good but my fav is Rock And A Hard Place. Possession was touted on the last tour but never saw the light of day that I remember. Would love to see Some Kind of Stranger but without Comfortably Numb it is hard to envisage this working…maybe one day they will work it out.

I hope we can see the setlist swapped about as getting Ribbons 2nd, and then Temple, Lucretia as encores is getting boring. Far Parade and any other new track would always be welcome. And please, please, please, drop Detonation Boulevard altogether (long past its sell by date.) Perhaps AE should hit the shuffle button every night and see what comes out!

At the end of it all we will get what we get as I suppose only one man picks the setlist at the end of the day.

So looking forward to the tour now – London, London, Brussels, Brussels, Melbourne, Sydney, Brisbane, Auckland.

P.S. Do we have a tour name yet?
"Genevieve, I think you're lovely But Genevieve, it's time” TSOM 2020
paint it black
Black, black, black & even blacker

Tour name = same s**t, different city
Goths have feelings too
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed

Setlist-wise i'm a biit gutted that Summers missing as it is genuinely one of my all time favourites.

However: i'd love to see Heartland return also Gimme Shelter. Train -on its own not part of a medley- would make me smile and Kiss The Carpet (full intro) starts my perfect gig every time... although Vision Thing never fails to get the night going in the right mood. nor wouild FALAA so long as they use Marx's riff & not Adam's abortion.

No Time To Cry should never leave the set again as its eternally uplifting but Possession & A Rock And A Hard Place would be most welcome too....and theve not played Valentine for f**king ages.
as i'm seeing them twice at the same venue the traditional varying sets could easily accommodate this.

and yo! Andrew! the offers still there -in perpetuity- for a real bassist (just cover my drugs and food) so Lucretia played as Dog intended would ensure happiness and jubilation across the cosmos.
:bat:
Well I was handsome and I was strong
And I knew the words to every song.
"Did my singing please you?"
"No! The words you sang were wrong!"

Husek
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

eastmidswhizzkid wrote:Setlist-wise i'm a biit gutted that Summers missing as it is genuinely one of my all time favourites.

However: i'd love to see Heartland return also Gimme Shelter. Train -on its own not part of a medley- would make me smile and Kiss The Carpet (full intro) starts my perfect gig every time... although Vision Thing never fails to get the night going in the right mood. nor wouild FALAA so long as they use Marx's riff & not Adam's abortion.

No Time To Cry should never leave the set again as its eternally uplifting but Possession & A Rock And A Hard Place would be most welcome too....and theve not played Valentine for f**king ages.
as i'm seeing them twice at the same venue the traditional varying sets could easily accommodate this.

and yo! Andrew! the offers still there -in perpetuity- for a real bassist (just cover my drugs and food) so Lucretia played as Dog intended would ensure happiness and jubilation across the cosmos.
I second that, kiss the carpet it's the absolute gig starter IMHO.

Indeed we haven't heard the girls playing valentine in a while now, but you now what's even more rare? Burn and Floorshow, and I absolutely love the current rendition of these.
Project Personal Dok
Hardware: 100% (Single Hackintosh)
AU: 90%
Software: 90%
The Final Floorshow - My Own Sisters T-Shirt Shop
kafka
Amphetamine Filth

So... because I'm mental, I just bought tickets to fly home for the two London gigs (from the U.S.). But the gigs are sold out. Anyone have any pointers toward where I might be able to find a ticket (or two, since I might bring a friend along) for the two nights at the Roundhouse?
[repeat x40]
Being645
Above the Chemist

kafka wrote:So... because I'm mental, I just bought tickets to fly home for the two London gigs (from the U.S.). But the gigs are sold out. Anyone have any pointers toward where I might be able to find a ticket (or two, since I might bring a friend along) for the two nights at the Roundhouse?
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Sisters-Of-M ... Swk9pdXtfH

40GBP, two bids so far ... wishing lots of good luck to you anyway !!! ... :) ...
Scardwel
Slight Overbomber

kafka wrote:So... because I'm mental, I just bought tickets to fly home for the two London gigs (from the U.S.). But the gigs are sold out. Anyone have any pointers toward where I might be able to find a ticket (or two, since I might bring a friend along) for the two nights at the Roundhouse?
There are two for the Saturday for sale on Twickets at the moment.
kafka
Amphetamine Filth

Thanks guys -- I got Saturday tickets, so just need for Friday now.
[repeat x40]
ruffers
Overbomber

Last time round I thought Walk Away was a real highlight, sends to have disappeared again.

Bring it back please.
ruffers
Overbomber

So... tour name?

Looks like Fid 81 Def from the shirt..

Or National Treasure.
Being645
Above the Chemist

ruffers wrote:So... tour name?

Looks like Fid 81 Def from the shirt..

Or National Treasure.
Some name shoudl be chosen. Heaven knows, though, whether these shirts will be there during all of the tour. So far, there have been different ones in all countries during the festival tour and in Greece ... so I wonder what's going to come in Brussels?
ruffers
Overbomber

There was a big pile of these (fid.. National Treasure) shirts, although no venue specific ones and I was told there won't be any more of those.
Being645
Above the Chemist

How about "Defender of the Faith Tour 2019" , then... :) ... straight and simple ...
Dust Witch
Amphetamine Filth

ruffers wrote:There was a big pile of these (fid.. National Treasure) shirts, although no venue specific ones and I was told there won't be any more of those.
No tour tees, or no more Fid Def once they're gone?