Sisters 2019

Gig news, reviews, set lists, thoughts, comments and observations on The Sisters live in 2019
Swinnow
Overbomber

I see Eureka Machines are supporting The Levellers at Halifax Piece Hall at the end of June. There seems to be a few gigs there this summer involving the likes of Embrace and Elbow. Could we hope that the Girls could hook up with someone else to pull off a West Riding gig there too?
....if I have to explain, then you'll never understand....
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed

Planet Dave wrote:Whatever happened to the Blank Canvas? Bloody awesome gig I saw there.

I'm kinda toying with making one of the London shows if that's as close as they're gonna get, but the expense is prohibitive so it's unlikely. Given the major rock festivals they're playing I'm still hoping they might do Donington, but ain't holding mi breath.
Blank Canvas was a great venue but prettyn certain it shut quite soon after those Smoke & Mirrors gigs. come to the Roundhouse Dave. last time was awesome. :von:
Well I was handsome and I was strong
And I knew the words to every song.
"Did my singing please you?"
"No! The words you sang were wrong!"

:bat:
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

eastmidswhizzkid wrote:Blank Canvas was a great venue but prettyn certain it shut quite soon after those Smoke & Mirrors gigs. come to the Roundhouse Dave. last time was awesome. :von:
Bless ya Lee, well money has taken a temporary turn for the worse so right this minute a night at the Roundhouse is a low priority, but as and when things pick up, and presuming they ain't sold out, I'll prolly head down for the Saturday night.
Depprocksfarfar
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

Is it just me or is the interest for this tour a bit... lukewarm? I know it aint exactly starting tomorrow, and extra dates are added in Australia due to demand, but other than that? Have they out-toured Sisters-friendly places like Ancienne Belgique by now? There´s EIGHT dates in Germany so far, is the interest REALLY that big two years since the last tour?
sziamiau
Slight Overbomber

splintered thing wrote:Yep - born in Perth. If you like hot weather and are ok being 1000s of kms from pretty much everything is it just fine. For me it was way to hot and although the sea is pretty... it is thunderously dull. Melbourne is a better fit for me :)
yeah maybe that's why it seems to inviting to me...right about now i would not mind being away from hoomanz. spent a week in Melbourne...didnt speak to me as mujch as everyone said it would...but then again I'm weird like that
Swinnow
Overbomber

Us Island Monkeys would think the Germans are lucky as the UK & Ireland have only one venue booked and that's in bloody London. A Polish friend in Leeds took great delight in pointing out that it would be cheaper to go to the gig in Krakow from Leeds than it is to go to Camden. The law of diminishing returns applies thanks to little or no new product and predictable set lists. We'll go to Camden, decent venue, but the attraction is mostly seeing old friends again, will only do the one night though.
EmmaPeelWannaBe
Slight Overbomber

Swinnow wrote:Us Island Monkeys would think the Germans are lucky as the UK & Ireland have only one venue booked and that's in bloody London. A Polish friend in Leeds took great delight in pointing out that it would be cheaper to go to the gig in Krakow from Leeds than it is to go to Camden. The law of diminishing returns applies thanks to little or no new product and predictable set lists. We'll go to Camden, decent venue, but the attraction is mostly seeing old friends again, will only do the one night though.
Think about how us Californian's feel.... a minimum of a 11 hour flight to see the band and act silly with friends.
Pista
Cureboi

EmmaPeelWannaBe wrote:
Swinnow wrote:Us Island Monkeys would think the Germans are lucky as the UK & Ireland have only one venue booked and that's in bloody London. A Polish friend in Leeds took great delight in pointing out that it would be cheaper to go to the gig in Krakow from Leeds than it is to go to Camden. The law of diminishing returns applies thanks to little or no new product and predictable set lists. We'll go to Camden, decent venue, but the attraction is mostly seeing old friends again, will only do the one night though.
Think about how us Californian's feel.... a minimum of a 11 hour flight to see the band and act silly with friends.
That's prolly still cheaper than a train from Leeds to London.
Slightly quicker too.
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
EmmaPeelWannaBe
Slight Overbomber

Pista wrote:
EmmaPeelWannaBe wrote:
Slightly quicker too.
Ah, never thought I'd miss BritRail
Swinnow
Overbomber

At least East Coast mainline is more reliable than Transpennine or Northern Rail but let's not start me on a Londoncentric investment rant :lol:
godgirl

Pista wrote:
Slightly quicker too.
You just have to book at the "correct" time, ie when advance fares are released, usually 10-12 weeks before travel. Leeds-London can be under £20/each way then...

Of course I can't really say much positive about accommodation costs in London but there's far more hostels per square mile than in Leeds!

Eg, just down the road for about £25/night...

https://www.hostelworld.com/hosteldetai ... don/283734?
"When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle. Then I realised God doesn't work that way, so I stole one and prayed for forgiveness"
Swinnow
Overbomber

Well Camden tickets and accomodation were booked ages ago. We'll work out whether we're driving, training or bussing closer to the date. I'm still far more amused that it would have been cheaper to go to the gig in Poland, isn't life odd nowadays :lol:

Now will Hussey play a Leeds date alongside Whitby? (runs and hides - badly)
splintered thing
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

EmmaPeelWannaBe wrote:

:lol: ahem... 30 hours from Melbs. :lol: Worth every second.
as the day is long,
rain from heaven
EmmaPeelWannaBe
Slight Overbomber

Still hoping for San Francisco or at least Mexico City. :(
My life is one long week of stupid clothing benders.
euphoria
Slight Overbomber

EmmaPeelWannaBe wrote:Still hoping for San Francisco or at least Mexico City. :(
Without knowing anything, I wouldn't be surprised if they finish the tour in Mexico. Chile-Europe is a very long way home.
US/Canada would fit in after that of course, but it just feels like too much this tour. I even think this one is too big and I hope his voice has been taken into consideration.

I also expect a warm-up gig in Yorkshire, especially if both London nights sell out.
And the second Brussels night of course.
sam donut
Some Kind of Donut

Are those Greek dates new?
Pista
Cureboi

sam donut wrote:Are those Greek dates new?
Indeed they are. Well spotted :D
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
Depprocksfarfar

Man, how long is this tour going to be? I thought it would start with The Roundhouse but with these two dates in Greece, there are suddenly more gaps to fill. :eek: Will the UK be blessed with more gigs maybe?
Cedarjet
Amphetamine Filth

Must be the longest tour for ages. And at at a time when bands tend to promote their new album for Christmas sales. But I think we can rule out that possibility ;D I just hope his voice doesn't (completely) collapse after 10 or 15 gigs....
Trying is the first step towards failure
(Homer Simpson)
ruffers
Overbomber

Chucking another log on, reversing the polarity of the neutron flow
euphoria
Slight Overbomber

No gig news, but Live News is now localised, very likely by :von: himself or at least on his initiative, haven't seen that in several years, not something Chris would do. Only bi-lingual Luxembourg and Brussels are kept in English.
Depprocksfarfar

"Please note that the band will not now being playing the Doctor Music Festival in Spain on the 13th Of July as previously listed. We will provide more information here as and when we have it."

http://www.thesistersofmercy.com/news/livenews.shtml
euphoria
Slight Overbomber

From Ben's instagram page:
dubler6
Any US/Mexico dates in the next year?
16h1 likeReply
ben_christo_guitar's profile picture
ben_christo_guitar
@dubler6 - very possibly!
Of course he could be referring to a single Mexico gig, but still unusual having such a certain reply from him without official confirmation, isn't it?
This was also before Depprocksfarfar listed the Mexico gig on here.
Pista
Cureboi

Been doing the Cure's tour the past few weeks & a lot of the festivals are doing live streams.
Any chance of a live stream from any of The Sisters' gigs?
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity