2019-09-28 Rockefeller Music Hall, Oslo Norway

Gig news, reviews, set lists, thoughts, comments and observations on The Sisters live in 2019
abridged
Slight Overbomber
Posts: 1270
Joined: 08 Sep 2008, 10:27
Location: Derry

iesus wrote:Thank you po for reporting :notworthy:
Sounds you had a good time and setlist :D

Edit - Ingo already uploaded almost all songs.
Best sound on Show me and clear lyrics
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ew3NlPatg50
check ingos latest vids for the rest of the gig

and yes it is "LOVE LIKE LOVE" ;D
:notworthy:
Ah I thought it was "A lot like love" but I could be wrong. Really like the song though! 😊
The Chancer Corporation
User avatar
sam donut
Some Kind of Donut
Posts: 548
Joined: 28 Jan 2002, 00:00
Location: manchester, europe

Great stuff! Thanks Mr B!
🎵 Good times come to me now 🎶
po
Road Kill
Posts: 58
Joined: 10 Aug 2015, 17:26
Location: Norway

Some pics from the Norwegian music magazine Gaffa:
https://gaffa.no/galleri/sisters-of-mer ... 8-09-2019/
Oslo 09 / Helsinki 11 / Oslo 11 / Köln 12 / Amsterdam 14 / London 15 / London 17 x2 / London 19 x2 / Oslo 19
User avatar
Charlie
Slight Overbomber
Posts: 1241
Joined: 27 Mar 2017, 19:12
Location: Yorkshire

Thank you to everyone who has posted videos - lovely stuff! :D

And great pics from Gaffa too!
majorsixth
Road Kill
Posts: 84
Joined: 06 Mar 2019, 05:46

MrBlonde wrote:Two of my videos:

Alice
https://youtu.be/-6JwCpXfO3s

Instrumental
https://youtu.be/Kt9jFDvC240
Storming, and the last two gigs Ben has played new solos during the instrumental, maybe he's improvising one each night now? Really lifts the song in any case.

Thanks to everyone for updates and videos!
User avatar
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock
Posts: 5280
Joined: 22 Apr 2003, 23:51
Location: The North.

MrBlonde wrote:Two of my videos:

Alice
https://youtu.be/-6JwCpXfO3s

Instrumental
https://youtu.be/Kt9jFDvC240
Cheers, for these and all your vids :notworthy: I've recently subscribed to your channel anyway but it's always nice to see the funniest avatar on Heartland make an appearance :lol: :notworthy:
User avatar
MrBlonde
Road Kill
Posts: 79
Joined: 02 Apr 2002, 01:00

:notworthy:

Some more from London and Brussels 1 to come this evening, as I‘m returning home until coming back for Berlin on Friday. 🙂
User avatar
iesus
Overbomber
Posts: 3506
Joined: 15 Mar 2006, 11:15
Location: x-EU

Also thank you MrBlonde for the vids :notworthy:
Goths play Golf too ...
"Someday! Someday, everything you need, is just gonna fall out of the sky..." -A.E. Reading 1991
po
Road Kill
Posts: 58
Joined: 10 Aug 2015, 17:26
Location: Norway

Thanks for the videos :)

Gaffa now also has a review up: https://gaffa.no/anmeldelse/maskinelle-morkemenn/

They also have some problems spelling Von's name, but not as bad as the Danes :D

My favorite part (roughly translated):
"We also got new and unknown material, which will hopefully be released soon."

Well, well...
Oslo 09 / Helsinki 11 / Oslo 11 / Köln 12 / Amsterdam 14 / London 15 / London 17 x2 / London 19 x2 / Oslo 19
po
Road Kill
Posts: 58
Joined: 10 Aug 2015, 17:26
Location: Norway

Another, less positive, review from musikknyheter.no (Music News): http://www.musikknyheter.no/konserter/2 ... eller.html

Complaining about the drum machine being too loud :) :D

They even got Von's name right, but then messed up the Doktor's...

At least there are some pictures.
Oslo 09 / Helsinki 11 / Oslo 11 / Köln 12 / Amsterdam 14 / London 15 / London 17 x2 / London 19 x2 / Oslo 19
User avatar
euphoria
Slight Overbomber
Posts: 1114
Joined: 11 Mar 2003, 19:39
Location: Berlin

po wrote: My favorite part (roughly translated):
"We also got new and unknown material, which will hopefully be released soon."

Well, well...
To be specific, unless I have misunderstood something, it says "We get [to hear] new and unknown material which will hopefully be released soon", so the reviewer's opinion? Which is also positive of course :)
po wrote: Another, less positive, review from musikknyheter.no (Music News): http://www.musikknyheter.no/konserter/2 ... eller.html
Yes, less positive, but this reviewer is making a real effort to explain exactly what he dislikes, and I respect that, even if I don't share his opinion. Usually the more negative Sisters reviews are just about slagging off without caring about facts or doing research, but not this one.
User avatar
Being645
Above the Chemist
Posts: 12863
Joined: 09 Apr 2009, 12:54
Location: reconstruction status: 71%

Charlie wrote:Thank you to everyone who has posted videos - lovely stuff! :D

And great pics from Gaffa too!
And many, many thanks to you for perfectly editing the SistersWiki page ... :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: ... even the videos are in ... ;D ;D ;D ...

That was a tough and great job and you managed it straight away ... THANK YOU ... :cool: ;D :notworthy: ...
User avatar
Swinnow
Overbomber
Posts: 2819
Joined: 15 Mar 2005, 08:51
Location: In the Gazebo Of Badness, just outside BD3

Well done Chas, enjoy yer brew and biccies.
....if I have to explain, then you'll never understand....
User avatar
Charlie
Slight Overbomber
Posts: 1241
Joined: 27 Mar 2017, 19:12
Location: Yorkshire

Being645 wrote:
Charlie wrote:Thank you to everyone who has posted videos - lovely stuff! :D

And great pics from Gaffa too!
And many, many thanks to you for perfectly editing the SistersWiki page ... :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: ... even the videos are in ... ;D ;D ;D ...

That was a tough and great job and you managed it straight away ... THANK YOU ... :cool: ;D :notworthy: ...
Well you helped me out loads in preparation and advice and like i say - copy and paste and the glorious 'show preview' button are my new friends! :lol: :lol:
But i admit, i was rather chuffed with myself that i worked out how to do videos when i've not done coding before! ;D ;D

And can i just say to EVERYONE that Being645 does an amazing job on the SistersWiki - it's made me appreciate just how much time and effort goes into it all, really, and she does it with no complaints and with such passion and dedication, never take that for granted - she is AWESOME!

:notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:
User avatar
ROBBIE
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth
Posts: 251
Joined: 18 May 2007, 12:33
Location: Living next door to hell

Charlie wrote:
Being645 wrote:
Charlie wrote:Thank you to everyone who has posted videos - lovely stuff! :D

And great pics from Gaffa too!
And many, many thanks to you for perfectly editing the SistersWiki page ... :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: ... even the videos are in ... ;D ;D ;D ...

That was a tough and great job and you managed it straight away ... THANK YOU ... :cool: ;D :notworthy: ...
Well you helped me out loads in preparation and advice and like i say - copy and paste and the glorious 'show preview' button are my new friends! :lol: :lol:
But i admit, i was rather chuffed with myself that i worked out how to do videos when i've not done coding before! ;D ;D

And can i just say to EVERYONE that Being645 does an amazing job on the SistersWiki - it's made me appreciate just how much time and effort goes into it all, really, and she does it with no complaints and with such passion and dedication, never take that for granted - she is AWESOME!

:notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:
I think we can all second that ;D :notworthy:
"The ghost of war, the painted whore, dial up one nine one four - it's a far parade." TSOM 2009
User avatar
Being645
Above the Chemist
Posts: 12863
Joined: 09 Apr 2009, 12:54
Location: reconstruction status: 71%

Thank you both ... ;D ;D ;D ...

Howeveer, without the contributions of so many people here and elsewhere, I couldn`t do it at all, because there was no stuff to fill it with...
And still there are so many big-eye gaps awaiting edition. Too many for one person. At least, I hope, I've managed to save that wreck of a wiki from sinking ... :cool: ...
so that everybody in the world can find some extended information about The Sisters in one place with plenty links to many further great reads and more detailled info ...
And that's ok so far, I guess.
User avatar
ruffers
Slight Overbomber
Posts: 1979
Joined: 24 Jan 2005, 16:43
Location: At home - but you knew that didn't you?

Charlie wrote:
Being645 wrote:
Charlie wrote:Thank you to everyone who has posted videos - lovely stuff! :D

And great pics from Gaffa too!
And many, many thanks to you for perfectly editing the SistersWiki page ... :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: ... even the videos are in ... ;D ;D ;D ...

That was a tough and great job and you managed it straight away ... THANK YOU ... :cool: ;D :notworthy: ...
Well you helped me out loads in preparation and advice and like i say - copy and paste and the glorious 'show preview' button are my new friends! :lol: :lol:
But i admit, i was rather chuffed with myself that i worked out how to do videos when i've not done coding before! ;D ;D

And can i just say to EVERYONE that Being645 does an amazing job on the SistersWiki - it's made me appreciate just how much time and effort goes into it all, really, and she does it with no complaints and with such passion and dedication, never take that for granted - she is AWESOME!

:notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:
All of this :notworthy:
2019 - London London Brussels Brussels Stockholm Paris Utrecht
2020 - Leeds & Nottingham, so far anyway. And Frankfurt. And Manchester with huge thanks to Gothicbiff

Not Frankfurt
User avatar
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed
Posts: 8062
Joined: 24 Mar 2005, 00:01
Location: WhizzWorld
Contact:

po wrote:Some pics from the Norwegian music magazine Gaffa:
https://gaffa.no/galleri/sisters-of-mer ... 8-09-2019/
is that us? "Black-clad without rivets.' :lol: the reviewer obviously hasnt heard too many concert recordings from over the years. the Doktor is meant to be all-pulverising and in my opinion reallly hasn't been since he took over additional duties when Judas lerft. Never mind.
more excellent videos from MrBlonde -thank you very much! :notworthy: :von:
:bat:
#WeOnlyHateMancs
:bat:
User avatar
Charlie
Slight Overbomber
Posts: 1241
Joined: 27 Mar 2017, 19:12
Location: Yorkshire

Better Reptile just uploaded from Blackie Davidson:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_aZF5wM5S_Q

Lots of videos from this gig on the Wiki.

Many thanks to all for sharing!

:D
User avatar
Charlie
Slight Overbomber
Posts: 1241
Joined: 27 Mar 2017, 19:12
Location: Yorkshire

Almost all of the videos from this show now on the Wiki page, only Vision Thing missing, will we get a complete gig i wonder?!
User avatar
Charlie
Slight Overbomber
Posts: 1241
Joined: 27 Mar 2017, 19:12
Location: Yorkshire

Charlie wrote:Almost all of the videos from this show now on the Wiki page, only Vision Thing missing, will we get a complete gig i wonder?!
Many thanks to Blackie Davidson who has now compiled all his songs from the gig into one video! :notworthy: :notworthy:


Now added to the above Wiki page. . . . :D
User avatar
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock
Posts: 5280
Joined: 22 Apr 2003, 23:51
Location: The North.

Charlie wrote:
Charlie wrote:Almost all of the videos from this show now on the Wiki page, only Vision Thing missing, will we get a complete gig i wonder?!
Many thanks to Blackie Davidson who has now compiled all his songs from the gig into one video! :notworthy: :notworthy:


Now added to the above Wiki page. . . . :D
Indeed, nice to have another full concert vid. Suspected he/she may compile them up, having watched a Slayer show and something else that they'd youtubed. Very groovy :notworthy:
Locked