2019-11-14, Blondie, Santiago, Chile CANCELLED

Gig news, reviews, set lists, thoughts, comments and observations on The Sisters live in 2019
Post Reply
Depprocksfarfar
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth
Posts: 302
Joined: 07 Apr 2005, 18:16

Image

website
(Official site updated)

Roll call:
User avatar
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock
Posts: 5246
Joined: 22 Apr 2003, 23:51
Location: The North.

Think the band might be best off giving this one a miss, things seem rather too lively right now in Santiago :|
User avatar
Being645
Above the Chemist
Posts: 12680
Joined: 09 Apr 2009, 12:54
Location: reconstruction status: 76,8%

Though the president has dismissed all his ministers (also because of the use of force against protesters),
promised social reforms and the demonstrations have turned into a peaceful mass movement ...
that at least was the most recent news I heard ...

So, The Sisters might well be safe and more than welcome in Chile now ... :D ...
User avatar
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock
Posts: 5246
Joined: 22 Apr 2003, 23:51
Location: The North.

Being645 wrote:Though the president has dismissed all his ministers (also because of the use of force against protesters),
promised social reforms and the demonstrations have turned into a peaceful mass movement ...
that at least was the most recent news I heard ...

So, The Sisters might well be safe and more than welcome in Chile now ... :D ...
Fingers crossed! That happened quick, they were still rioting yesterday. Nope correction, according to 'news sources' ie the Guardian and the BBC they were still rioting yesterday. Had visions of the gig taking place amidst scenes not dissimilar to the superb Out Of Control vid by Chemical Brothers.
User avatar
Being645
Above the Chemist
Posts: 12680
Joined: 09 Apr 2009, 12:54
Location: reconstruction status: 76,8%

Planet Dave wrote:
Being645 wrote:Though the president has dismissed all his ministers (also because of the use of force against protesters),
promised social reforms and the demonstrations have turned into a peaceful mass movement ...
that at least was the most recent news I heard ...

So, The Sisters might well be safe and more than welcome in Chile now ... :D ...
Fingers crossed! That happened quick, they were still rioting yesterday. Nope correction, according to 'news sources' ie the Guardian and the BBC they were still rioting yesterday. Had visions of the gig taking place amidst scenes not dissimilar to the superb Out Of Control vid by Chemical Brothers.
News in Germany say the President has ended the emergency rule and apologised for the excessive use of force during the protests before.

see also Chile protests: President to lift state of emergency at midnight from 14 hours ago.
User avatar
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock
Posts: 5246
Joined: 22 Apr 2003, 23:51
Location: The North.

Good to hear, cheers Being for the linky :D although the 'sorry for the overbombing' is not the best thing to hear from your leader. The fact that they lift the curfew this weekend hopefully clears the way for the gig to proceed as planned 8)
User avatar
Being645
Above the Chemist
Posts: 12680
Joined: 09 Apr 2009, 12:54
Location: reconstruction status: 76,8%

Planet Dave wrote:Good to hear, cheers Being for the linky :D although the 'sorry for the overbombing' is not the best thing to hear from your leader. The fact that they lift the curfew this weekend hopefully clears the way for the gig to proceed as planned 8)
I guess there are plenty who were happy to hear at least that from their leaders, though it's worth nothing without a clear change in behaviour ... :wink: ...
User avatar
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock
Posts: 5246
Joined: 22 Apr 2003, 23:51
Location: The North.

Being645 wrote:
Planet Dave wrote:Good to hear, cheers Being for the linky :D although the 'sorry for the overbombing' is not the best thing to hear from your leader. The fact that they lift the curfew this weekend hopefully clears the way for the gig to proceed as planned 8)
I guess there are plenty who were happy to hear at least that from their leaders, though it's worth nothing without a clear change in behaviour ... :wink: ...
Yes it's certainly preferable to 'sod you all, I'm not remotely sorry, you wouldn't believe the size of our military budget so here, have some more, scumbags', so long as it's backed up by matching actions, as you say.
User avatar
iesus
Overbomber
Posts: 3382
Joined: 15 Mar 2006, 11:15
Location: x-EU

When i am reading news like this. Link...
I will share the same concern about any artists safety who visit Santiago Chile :roll:
Goths play Golf too ...
"Someday! Someday, everything you need, is just gonna fall out of the sky..." -A.E. Reading 1991
User avatar
Being645
Above the Chemist
Posts: 12680
Joined: 09 Apr 2009, 12:54
Location: reconstruction status: 76,8%

Contrary to all worries and concerns, this looks convincing ...

https://twitter.com/blondieclub/status/ ... 9602524165
User avatar
Charlie
Slight Overbomber
Posts: 1217
Joined: 27 Mar 2017, 19:12
Location: Yorkshire

This gig cancelled now too?

Unless they updated the wrong one and should have marked Vitoria cancelled?!? :?

Image

Santiago de Chile - cancelled

"It's not possible to guarantee the safety of the audience, crew or band at a time of such extreme and increasing unrest in the immediate vicinity of the concert hall. We're very sorry."



I guess it is then. :(
User avatar
Being645
Above the Chemist
Posts: 12680
Joined: 09 Apr 2009, 12:54
Location: reconstruction status: 76,8%

Spider Produccion, the organisers explain on FB (GoogleTranslator)
Spider Produccion wrote: Unfortunately and after the last days in Santiago, we have had to make the decision to postpone the concert of the band “The Sisters of Mercy� scheduled for Thursday 14 at the Blondie Club, as it compromises the safety of the public, the band and his team.

Although a great effort was made to make the show possible, the band made the decision not to go through Chile on this tour, to see their safety compromised and we as producers have supported them because it is a common sense decision, given the complex situation.

The concert will be reagendado and the new date indicated during the next days, giving the same band a week to define it. This is why we ask the public for understanding and a little patience, since the tickets for the suspended event will be equally valid for the new concert.

For those who are not satisfied with the postponement, they may request a change of tickets for any active event of the producers involved. For this they must communicate directly through the social networks of each producer, according to the event to choose.

In case you are not satisfied with the new date after it is confirmed, you can contact the Eventrid Ticket directly to devoluciones@eventrid.cl

Atte

Spider Prod / Athena
User avatar
Charlie
Slight Overbomber
Posts: 1217
Joined: 27 Mar 2017, 19:12
Location: Yorkshire

Being645 wrote:Spider Produccion, the organisers explain on FB (GoogleTranslator)
Spider Produccion wrote: Unfortunately and after the last days in Santiago, we have had to make the decision to postpone the concert of the band “The Sisters of Mercy� scheduled for Thursday 14 at the Blondie Club, as it compromises the safety of the public, the band and his team.

Although a great effort was made to make the show possible, the band made the decision not to go through Chile on this tour, to see their safety compromised and we as producers have supported them because it is a common sense decision, given the complex situation.

The concert will be reagendado and the new date indicated during the next days, giving the same band a week to define it. This is why we ask the public for understanding and a little patience, since the tickets for the suspended event will be equally valid for the new concert.

For those who are not satisfied with the postponement, they may request a change of tickets for any active event of the producers involved. For this they must communicate directly through the social networks of each producer, according to the event to choose.

In case you are not satisfied with the new date after it is confirmed, you can contact the Eventrid Ticket directly to devoluciones@eventrid.cl

Atte

Spider Prod / Athena
So sounds like they are still wanting to play Chile at least, just not sure if / when they are gonna be able to. Hope for the fans they get to see them soon.
User avatar
Being645
Above the Chemist
Posts: 12680
Joined: 09 Apr 2009, 12:54
Location: reconstruction status: 76,8%

Yes, there is some hope. But not much reason to be hopeful at the moment...

Anyway, all the best to the Chilean people and their endeavours from here ... :notworthy: ...
Post Reply