Tour Name Poll

Gig news, reviews, set lists, thoughts, comments and observations on The Sisters live in 2019

So what would the name fo this tour be?

2019 Autumn Club Tour
3%
Fid 81 Def National Treasure Tour
51%
Defender of the Faith Tour
22%
some other name (suggestions please)
24%

Total votes: 37
Being645
Above the Chemist

It seems ever harder to come to a decision.

There is a clear majority against the fid 81 def National Treasure suggestion,
which otherwise has collected most of the votes so far ... :lol: ... AND it is printed on the front and back of the shirts ...

Maybe some further evidence from the merch at other venues than London can conclusively clarify that ... :D :lol: ...
paint it black
Black, black, black & even blacker

Being645 wrote:It seems ever harder to come to a decision.

which otherwise has collected most of the votes so far ... :lol: ... AND it is printed on the front and back of the shirts ...

Maybe some further evidence from the merch at other venues than London can conclusively clarify that ... :D :lol: ...
Perhaps await October before deciding :wink:
Goths have feelings too
ruffers
Overbomber

Being645 wrote:It seems ever harder to come to a decision.

Within that though seems to be the general consensus is National Treasure, no?
Chucking another log on, reversing the polarity of the neutron flow
Being645
Above the Chemist

... :lol: ... well, ok. (I hate making decisions for other people)... :lol: ...

So, the result is ... the National Treasure Tour in 2019 ...
with the fid 81 dev being an additional enlightening graphical element of the artwork ... ;D ...

Having come to this, now it shoud be nice to have some decent tour logo file. Anyone? ...
Being645
Above the Chemist

Or really await October before deciding ... :? :lol: ...
Scardwel
Slight Overbomber

Tour Thing II as they are playing the VT album in it's entirety at most gigs. Why? :innocent:
And that's my quibble about the setlist on this tour. No pre-85 material apart from Alice and the second half of Temple. :|
Swinnow
Overbomber

Cripes, don't say that Scardy, the last time I listened to VT was probably about a month after it came out lol
....if I have to explain, then you'll never understand....
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed

Scardwel wrote: And that's my quibble about the setlist on this tour. No pre-85 material apart from Alice and the second half of Temple. :|
first off I totally get what you're saying Simon. we're both lifelong lovers of the band and i guess as we're of the same age that that was the era we first fell in love with them (there not yet being any later for me as it was feb 1985) and -by definition- the era we have been listening to the longest. whether or not that era is any one persons favourite is irrelevant (myself i have a different love for all the different eras): it isn't represented in the set and that means a disappointing lack of some awesome and much-loved songs.

BUT: The Sisters Of Mercy have never, ever been a reformed band performing just their golden oldies (or the Hezbollah for that matter!) for the masses.
Much to the chagrin of the 'Back in the day i loved the sisters ....when wayne was wiv em and before Eldritch sold out and now i wouldnt wipe my arse on them...or on floodland...or vision thing....' brigade; who regardless of whether or not they fucking loved Dominion et al at the time, through some reversed rose-tint effect hind-sight and/or a deperate atempt to acheive 'elitism' by 'association' (idiots have missed the point that being a Sisters fan grants automatic elite status) and now consider/profess everything post-85 to be bollocks. Often these people are dismissive / ignorant of Mark's role in the band and think Benjamin Matthews is a Norfolk turkey farmer....
Fair to say the same people would only complain about how dreadfully the current band performed the Golden Oldies if the Sisters were just a nostalgia-trip....and do in fact anyway, so fuck 'em!

No, whatever the end results -or lack thereof- have been, The Sisters have always been a work in progress. an evolving entity operating in the PRESENT, moving ever forward, albeit in mysterious ways, in accordance with Eldritch's ineffable plan.

Now: even as a devoted and loyal fan one could be forgiven for thinking that the state of affairs we've lived with for the last 10 -15 years was how it was always going to be, more or less, from now. fewer tours; no new material; DEFINITELY no new product. hope springs eternal but realistically we were prepared for that. better that than no Sisters at all eh? like Lemmy said ''and if thats all there is , it aint so bad...''.

However, another tour, another change of personnel, and here we are: witnesses to an utterly Gallifreyan-esque (Doktor Who!) regeneration of all things Sisters! so much hope! so much potential! so much joy! and of all the happiness ive seen recently the most exciting to see was Andrews. heres an Eldritch with a vocal performance worthy of any legacy Sisters song and able to stick 2 up the nose of any cunt who says otherwise. heres a creating Andrew with a creating band happily creating and performing new songs. we've heard more new music in the last 2 weeks than we did in over 18 years. the years of feeling becalmed are gone as once again the wind blows stronger, cool and long! Here's The Sisters with a line-up worthy of BEING The Sisters of the PRESENT! moving forward into a glittering promising future that maybe even includes... -fuck it i'm going to say it: a new album. :innocent:

SO: if that means we have to allow Eldritch's dislike of the 'Baby Photos' songs to preclude them from being played live then i think its a small price to pay. along with cloaks, sideburns, ripped jeans, cowboy hats, snakeskin shirts and the occasional little black dress : ALL of them wonderful, eternally beautiful and never to be forgotten parts of the history of everybody's fave beat combo.

JESUS LOVES THE SISTERS.....but not as much as we do. :von:
:bat:
Last edited by eastmidswhizzkid on 30 Sep 2019, 12:31, edited 2 times in total.
Well I was handsome and I was strong
And I knew the words to every song.
"Did my singing please you?"
"No! The words you sang were wrong!"

abridged
Slight Overbomber

It might be heresy to say it but Vision Thing was always my favourite Sisters album and given the madness in the world today the most prophetic. Yeah I'd love them to play Lights etc but am fine with the VT era. Hell if they played Under the Gun again it would be even better. 8)
The Chancer Corporation
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

eastmidswhizzkid wrote: 'lots of eloquently articulated observations'
Amen Brother :notworthy:

edit : if pressed to name a song I think is missing from the Sisters 2019 live machine, it would be Slept.
Swinnow
Overbomber

It's a good job the Girls have a fairly catholic audience, in terms of taste ;)

I can see the attraction of the VT era songs in our present political times but to me they lack the groove of them at their best which gets bums swinging. Although WYDSM always raises a smile for reasons best left in the past.
eastmidswhizzkid

abridged wrote:It might be heresy to say it but Vision Thing was always my favourite Sisters album and given the madness in the world today the most prophetic. Yeah I'd love them to play Lights etc but am fine with the VT era. Hell if they played Under the Gun again it would be even better. 8)
that would only be Heresy to the 'Back In The Day ...' brigade, brother Greg. And they, like all too-big-for-their-bossy-boots-whilst-ignorance-is-bliss-but-sic-transit-Gloria-Mundi faiths, are only temporarily in a position to persecute minority beliefs whilst forgetting that no one interpretation of the Godhead is more or less correct than another. so again- fuck 'em. :von:

eastmidswhizzkid

Planet Dave wrote:
eastmidswhizzkid wrote: 'lots of eloquently articulated observations'
Amen Brother :notworthy:

edit : if pressed to name a song I think is missing from the Sisters 2019 live machine, it would be Slept.
thank you Bro. for me it would be 'Summer'. definitely shouldnt be missing from a modern Girls outing IM(not so)HO. :von:

eastmidswhizzkid

Swinnow wrote: WYDSM always raises a smile for reasons best left in the past.
me too! for different reasons i imagine... :innocent:

was a fucking shame to miss the oppurtunity last weekend to put the world to rights over a few scoops Chris; but like you said, there will be more tours. meanwhile, 7 wins from 7 games aint a bad thing to smile about eh? :wink: 8)

Swinnow
Overbomber

We shall raise a glass to no.6 soon, hopefully followed by one for no.19 too
sam donut
Some Kind of Donut

eastmidswhizzkid wrote:
Scardwel wrote: And that's my quibble about the setlist on this tour. No pre-85 material apart from Alice and the second half of Temple. :|
first off I totally get what you're saying Simon. we're both lifelong lovers of the band and i guess as we're of the same age that that was the era we first fell in love with them (there not yet being any later for me as it was feb 1985) and -by definition- the era we have been listening to the longest. whether or not that era is any one persons favourite is irrelevant (myself i have a different love for all the different eras): it isn't represented in the set and that means a disappointing lack of some awesome and much-loved songs.

BUT: The Sisters Of Mercy have never, ever been a reformed band performing just their golden oldies (or the Hezbollah for that matter!) for the masses.
Much to the chagrin of the 'Back in the day i loved the sisters ....when wayne was wiv em and before Eldritch sold out and now i wouldnt wipe my arse on them...or on floodland...or vision thing....' brigade; who regardless of whether or not they fucking loved Dominion et al at the time, through some reversed rose-tint effect hind-sight and/or a deperate atempt to acheive 'elitism' by 'association' (idiots have missed the point that being a Sisters fan grants automatic elite status) and now consider/profess everything post-85 to be bollocks. Often these people are dismissive / ignorant of Mark's role in the band and think Benjamin Matthews is a Norfolk turkey farmer....
Fair to say the same people would only complain about how dreadfully the current band performed the Golden Oldies if the Sisters were just a nostalgia-trip....and do in fact anyway, so fuck 'em!

No, whatever the end results -or lack thereof- have been, The Sisters have always been a work in progress. an evolving entity operating in the PRESENT, moving ever forward, albeit in mysterious ways, in accordance with Eldritch's ineffable plan.

Now: even as a devoted and loyal fan one could be forgiven for thinking that the state of affairs we've lived with for the last 10 -15 years was how it was always going to be, more or less, from now. fewer tours; no new material; DEFINITELY no new product. hope springs eternal but realistically we were prepared for that. better that than no Sisters at all eh? like Lemmy said ''and if thats all there is , it aint so bad...''.

However, another tour, another change of personnel, and here we are: witnesses to an utterly Gallifreyan-esque (Doktor Who!) regeneration of all things Sisters! so much hope! so much potential! so much joy! and of all the happiness ive seen recently the most exciting to see was Andrews. heres an Eldritch with a vocal performance worthy of any legacy Sisters song and able to stick 2 up the nose of any cunt who says otherwise. heres a creating Andrew with a creating band happily creating and performing new songs. we've heard more new music in the last 2 weeks than we did in over 18 years. the years of feeling becalmed are gone as once again the wind blows stronger, cool and long! Here's The Sisters with a line-up worthy of BEING The Sisters of the PRESENT! moving forward into a glittering promising future that maybe even includes... -fuck it i'm going to say it: a new album. :innocent:

SO: if that means we have to allow Eldritch's dislike of the 'Baby Photos' songs to preclude them from being played live then i think its a small price to pay. along with cloaks, sideburns, ripped jeans, cowboy hats, snakeskin shirts and the occasional little black dress : ALL of them wonderful, eternally beautiful and never to be forgotten parts of the history of everybody's fave beat combo.

JESUS LOVES THE SISTERS.....but not as much as we do. :von:
f**king amen to all of that. Magnificently put.
Being645
Above the Chemist

So, it is definite now ... it's the National Treasure Tour in 2019 ...

with, as said before, the fid 81 def being an additional enlightening
graphical element of the artwork ... ;D ...

50% compared to 48% in total for the other suggestions PLUS the same Sisters Tour shirt all over Belgium, Norway, Sweden ... that should do ...

And decent tour logo files have arrived as well...

Saying that I'm off now to the SistersWiki to change a few links ... :lol: ;D ...
Last edited by Being645 on 30 Sep 2019, 23:03, edited 1 time in total.
Swinnow
Overbomber

It's Fid Def as in defender of the faith :)
Being645
Above the Chemist

Swinnow wrote:It's Fid Def as in defender of the faith :)
Yes ... :lol: ... Thanks... ;D ...
Scardwel
Slight Overbomber

Vision Thing was recorded 30 years ago. My point was why is this album getting all the attention on this tour when there are similarly relevant stuff (like the Reptile House EP with its political bias) they could play instead.
I don't get it. For me the setlist is unbalanced and focuses on just one era.
If they want to avoid the "baby photographs" of the pre-85 era then why not play more from Floodland or more unreleased stuff like War On Drugs (I'd love to hear that again), Summer or Slept?
Really enjoying the new songs btw, which kinda invalidates my point somewhat.
eastmidswhizzkid

Scardwel wrote:Vision Thing was recorded 30 years ago. My point was why is this album getting all the attention on this tour when there are similarly relevant stuff (like the Reptile House EP with its political bias) they could play instead.
I don't get it. For me the setlist is unbalanced and focuses on just one era.
If they want to avoid the "baby photographs" of the pre-85 era then why not play more from Floodland or more unreleased stuff like War On Drugs (I'd love to hear that again), Summer or Slept?
Really enjoying the new songs btw, which kinda invalidates my point somewhat.
i dunno mate. i am missing Summer myself. I agree Slept should be back in the set too. i have no idea why War On Drugs was dropped or Will I Dream -seemingly for good. Smoke And Mirrors tour ALL the unreleased ''new'' songs were being played. I can only hope that its just a case of Andrew getting periodically bored of certain songs. for example: Anaconda was a mainstay for years. Then 1985 it was dropped for the whole tour. Absent through 90-92, 93 back until 2006, unplayed since. He is a law unto himself innit? :|

Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

Scardwel wrote:Vision Thing was recorded 30 years ago. My point was why is this album getting all the attention on this tour...
Because it's a f**king brilliant album. And maybe cos Dylan Newkid knows those songs best? (that is a wild guess).
Being645
Above the Chemist

Planet Dave wrote:
Scardwel wrote:Vision Thing was recorded 30 years ago. My point was why is this album getting all the attention on this tour...
Because it's a f**king brilliant album. And maybe cos Dylan Newkid knows those songs best? (that is a wild guess).
... or because he and the rest of the band can currently relate to them best ... :wink: ...

including by adding some new tracks? (but this is just another wild guess) ... :lol: :D ;D ...
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

Being645 wrote:
Planet Dave wrote:
... or because he and the rest of the band can currently relate to them best ... :wink: ...

including by adding some new tracks? (but this is just another wild guess) ... :lol: :D ;D ...
Guessing wildly is the only way to guess anything! :lol:
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

Official one is great, and it doesn't sound so Sabaton/Wankers. And it's correct.