Most consistent tour in recent memory?

Gig news, reviews, set lists, thoughts, comments and observations on The Sisters live in 2019
Todashi
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

So with this tour coming to a close soon, is it time to ask, has this been the most consistently 'good' tour in recent memory?

It seems to me to be a long long time since so many gigs went so well. Granted, I've just been following along via online reviews and youtube clips, but the impression seems to be that with one or two slight exceptions, this has been the most successful tour they've done in a long time.

Am I wrong?
Swinnow
Overbomber

My impression was an upturn in performance certainly. The mood of the band seems to have improved, and this is in no way a dig at Mr Catalyst who I admire greatly. I put it down to Von becoming interested again and not just going through the motions like.for many tours beforehand.
Last edited by Swinnow on 12 Nov 2019, 13:54, edited 1 time in total.
....if I have to explain, then you'll never understand....
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed

consistant lack of bad reports and moaning! welll done Girls for silencing the mis-mogs.
Well I was handsome and I was strong
And I knew the words to every song.
"Did my singing please you?"
"No! The words you sang were wrong!"

:bat:
jost 7
Slight Overbomber

the current product will have been a result of the people involved right now, changes in the docs sound were a crucial achievement, have been waiting for years. Second guitar sound very good and does fit perfectly, mostly.
celtic falaa sound still lacks, dominion was better the last tour.
Iww is fantastic.
Flood2 is still disturbing, the lead guitar on that one (during the song) was a proper fit the last time in 93 (at the beginning and the end its phenomenal currently).
The encore sequence is simply bombastic.

Great tour indeed
love is just a shot away
splintered thing
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Yes - it was majestic.

I haven't quite reacclimatised into normal life and wish there were more shows to go to :) oh wait there is in 2020!
as the day is long,
rain from heaven
czuczu
Overbomber

Wouldn't hurt to include some Reptile House or some of the harder edged stuff but there have certainly been less grumbles than the last few years efforts.
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

I'll put in the most pompatic way I can: by this tour, quality of performance, sound and overall TSOM expirience, TSOM regain place this band had in my - for the lack of better word - heart.

I had so many doubts, I couldn't believe in TSOM since infamous 2009 gigs in Poland, mediocre in 2014, when all my feeling towards TSOM was shattered, fact they were playing in my hometown, near my home, was the only reason why I went. Now, I can't wait to see them few more times. I even consider crossing some borders if my account would allow me to do so.

We all know that Ben and Chris were into all, or almost all their hearts, now when AE is willing to do the same, all this interaction, comments, smiles, when sound is good enough, with fantastic I was wrong, with maniacal Floodshow II, exprience is so good.
:notworthy:
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed

:notworthy:
Well I was handsome and I was strong
And I knew the words to every song.
"Did my singing please you?"
"No! The words you sang were wrong!"

EmmaPeelWannaBe
Slight Overbomber

My two bits- Chris has done most of the heavy lifting for years, so AE got complacent & lazy. Chris leaving forced him to reengage.
My life is one long week of stupid clothing benders.