2021-09-12, Roundhouse, London UK

Gig news, reviews, set lists, thoughts, comments and observations on The Sisters live in 2020 and 2022
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed

sukhoi wrote: 20 Sep 2021, 12:09 Here you are, two vids from day 3 (the best gig of those, IMHO):

Alice (rocking even in Sacramento!):

Summer (yet posted in FB group, but here in higher resolution):

Enjoy, it was great to see you all...and see you in March/April/May...!
thanks! deffo the best gig of the 3 and the best Summer of the 2.
Well I was handsome and I was strong
And I knew the words to every song.
"Did my singing please you?"
"No! The words you sang were wrong!"

:bat:
kafka
Amphetamine Filth

So... anyone catch what he was shouting in German(?) throughout the night? And was I alone in thinking it a bit of a classic Von "up yours" to be hollering in a language most of his audience probably didn't understand? (Good gig, that notwithstanding...)
[repeat x40]
eastmidswhizzkid

ask the germans- as always there were quite a lot of them there as German Sisters fans are amongst THE most dedicated.

Gothicbiff
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

I see my short clip of Crash and Burn has made it onto the Wiki page.....such an honour
:notworthy: :notworthy: :D
I have seen The Sisters at The Paradiso. I will die happy
With massive thanks to Ruffers for his company and help.
A girl is never too old to wear a Sisters tshirt!
damagedone
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Thanx for the videos,The Sisters are looking good,Eldo seems to be enjoying the gig and the crowd is proper
Keep Music Evil
Being645
Above the Chemist

eastmidswhizzkid wrote: 20 Sep 2021, 12:45
Gothicbiff wrote: 20 Sep 2021, 10:37 It's my video clip of Crash and Burn.
[...]
you can put it on your gmail cloud drve & link to it if you dont want the c**t getting their hands on it.
:?: :eek: :eek:
Being645
Above the Chemist

Gothicbiff wrote: 22 Sep 2021, 12:44 I see my short clip of Crash and Burn has made it onto the Wiki page.....such an honour
:notworthy: :notworthy: :D
All your good effort must be awarded. So voilà... :D ..
If you manage to take a full song next time it's almost certain that we make use of it in the SistersWiki... :wink: ...
Your approval provided, though for most of the people whose videos are there, we know from the past that they won't object.
Sometimes, videos disappear as apparently not everybody likes to share their stuff with the wiki... *sigh, can't help it, anyway.
Last edited by Being645 on 22 Sep 2021, 16:37, edited 1 time in total.
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Being645 wrote: 22 Sep 2021, 15:55
eastmidswhizzkid wrote: 20 Sep 2021, 12:45 you can put it on your gmail cloud drve & link to it if you dont want the c**t getting their hands on it.
With my marvellous moderator powers I can see that the censored word was closer to "YTc**ts" than to "c**t" - the word censor isn't foolproof.
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
eastmidswhizzkid

markfiend wrote: 22 Sep 2021, 16:09
eastmidswhizzkid wrote: 20 Sep 2021, 12:45 you can put it on your gmail cloud drve & link to it if you dont want the c**t getting their hands on it.
With my marvellous moderator powers I can see that the censored word was closer to "YTc**ts" than to "c**t" - the word censor isn't foolproof.
"YooToob cunts" -exactly.

Being645
Above the Chemist

... :lol: ;D ...
eastmidswhizzkid wrote: 22 Sep 2021, 16:22 "YooToob cunts" -exactly.
Well yes, but what is it that happens @YT? Do people download vids and present them @FB as their own?
For the SistersWiki it's a pity that videos like "John Ashton speaking about the production of Alice" were set to "private", phh.
Maybe, the SistersWiki should create some YT account as well to counteract the disappearance of such stuff.
eastmidswhizzkid

Being645 wrote: 22 Sep 2021, 16:45

... :lol: ;D ...
eastmidswhizzkid wrote: 22 Sep 2021, 16:22 "YooToob cunts" -exactly.
Well yes, but what is it that happens @YT? Do people download vids and present them @FB as their own?
For the SistersWiki it's a pity that videos like "John Ashton speaking about the production of Alice" were set to "private", phh.
Maybe, the SistersWiki should create some YT account as well to counteract the disappearance of such stuff.
how it works -or at least what sticks in my craw about it- is this: Google-owned YouTube charges users to view content that has been shared for free. before they bought it YouTube was probably THE biggest FREE resource of both illegally and legally shared media in the world that wasn't being hunted down internationally as a criminal outfit, like ThePirateBay, or closed down through crippling court actions taken by both millionaire rockstars and the multinationals who own the music business, like Napster. their were rules against uploading copyrighted material but only if the copyright holder complained. so by not being an in-your-face illegal file-sharing site they had mostly slipped under the radar of the establishment. if subsequently they HAD been shut-down it wouldnt have been that big a surprise.

Then Google and Vevo bought it and are now selling ilegally shared files. because they are the establishment and they can afford to buy off the criminality of what they are doing. they are waging a constant war against the 'free' user with an inordinate amount of advertising (which of course they are paid for as well) and incessant technological changes to prevent even the paid user actually downloading and owning a copy of any file. (as with all things not Microsoft if you use Linux you can grab stuff a lot easier. the most-used firefox YT downloader browser extension will have a user life of 1000 times that of its windows equivalent.) alll of this for stripped down low-quality versions of the media you originally uploaded.

so yes- a YT channel with private access videos is (one of) the ways forward. you could imbed links to private vids in the forum the same as public ones. i dont give a s**t about FB users saying its their vid -once you share something it belongs to everyone youve shnared it with. i just hate Google,

Being645
Above the Chemist

OK Lee, thank you very much for the comprehensive explantion... :kiss: :notworthy: ...

People presenting other people's work as their own was only the first idea that came across my mind. Now I've got a better picture of the situation. As I don't have an YT account, most of these issues have passed me by - apart from the regular advertising one is forced to endure before a video starts, which often enough deters me from watching it at all, in particular when the uploader is an official agent like a record company. Very sad to hear that VEVO is now also part of the Google universe ... through these activities an enormous lot of wonderful sources is going to get lost for future generations leaving only last week's s**t to remain.

One can only hope that someone creates a platform for video uploads similar to those for pictures, where one can store videos forever and link to or embed them just in the way it is done with trillions of pictures every day. And f**k Google and YouTube !!! Even though, this would mean quite a lot of work for the SistersWiki at first.
eastmidswhizzkid

Being645 wrote: 22 Sep 2021, 20:28 OK Lee, thank you very much for the comprehensive explantion... :kiss: :notworthy: ...

People presenting other people's work as their own was only the first idea that came across my mind. Now I've got a better picture of the situation. As I don't have an YT account, most of these issues have passed me by - apart from the regular advertising one is forced to endure before a video starts, which often enough deters me from watching it at all, in particular when the uploader is an official agent like a record company. Very sad to hear that VEVO is now also part of the Google universe ... through these activities an enormous lot of wonderful sources is going to get lost for future generations leaving only last week's s**t to remain.

One can only hope that someone creates a platform for video uploads similar to those for pictures, where one can store videos forever and link to or embed them just in the way it is done with trillions of pictures every day. And f**k Google and YouTube !!! Even though, this would mean quite a lot of work for the SistersWiki at first.
i think that everything thats on there will remain so, unless specifically taken down by the original uploader. Anything licensed on there will simply get paid-per-view through Vevo and anything 'illegal' or unlicensed will be left there to draw in more users regardless; and of course google/vevo wont have to pay for it either way so its not in their interests to remove unless asked to. so reallly all thats going to disappear is stuff being changed to 'private'.
by the way i am prepared and happy to be corrected on anything ive said. i know enough of what ive said is true for my hatred of the whole thing to stand.

sisters-pics
Road Kill

Hello,

my photos are online now:

https://www.sisters-pics.de/

See you next year 8)
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

sisters-pics wrote: 25 Sep 2021, 09:17 Hello,

my photos are online now:

https://www.sisters-pics.de/

See you next year 8)
Excellent :notworthy: thanks for sharing :D

Extending the same to all video / clips contributors as always :notworthy:
There is increasing evidence to suggest that Chris may have been being sarcastic.
Heila
Road Kill

Excellent videos and photos :notworthy: thanks!