2020-03-10. O2 Academy, Leeds UK

Gig news, reviews, set lists, thoughts, comments and observations on The Sisters live in 2020 and 2022
Swinnow
Overbomber

:) :lol:
....if I have to explain, then you'll never understand....
Being645
Above the Chemist

Cool ... ;D :notworthy: ... these and some other videos are now all integrated into this page, together with that gorgeous photo of the marquee of iesus ... ;D ...

Don't know exactly what it looks like, though, since my view is either rather small-screen or heavily warped in the width ... *sigh ...
iesus
Overbomber

mark has also posted some cool pics :notworthy:
and also thank you all there in wiki :notworthy:
'Are we the Baddies?'...
"Someday! Someday, everything you need, is just gonna fall out of the sky..." -A.E. Reading 1991
"Don't forget that most of the judges in witches trials had harvard degrees."
Charlie
Slight Overbomber

Phew, i'm back!
Some might want to skip this post - it's me having my moment and fangirling and i don't care! :P

So firstly - sorry for not being on here last night and responding to stuff - i had enough going on trying to co-ordinate texting people never mind dealing with the internet on my crappy phone!
And i didn't take pictures, or video anything, i just wanted to take it all in. :D

Secondly - THAT WAS BLOODY AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

Thank you to everyone who messaged me on here to see how i was doing and sorry i didn't get to see everyone there.
Finally got to meet so many lovely Heartlanders - thank you to swinnow, eastmidswhizzkid, paint it black and mh for being utterly bastard groovy and fab 8) oh - and also met markfiend and andrewS briefly in passing! :lol:

Special shoutout to planetdave for the awesome chatter post gig and for him and Lee being the perfect gents and making sure i got back to my hotel safely :notworthy:

to elamanamou and smileysister for being just the most lovely awesome people, looking after me and basically making this all possible! :notworthy:

and the very special emmapeelwannabe who came with me to queue early and then she only goes and gets us in the priority queue and onto the front row! AND guards my place while i visit the loo and then the merch stand to get a tour shirt and dogtags. Absolute legend! ;D :notworthy:

Yes - the front row on the barrier - who would have thought i'd manage that!
Ended up to the right of centre, nearer to Dylan - managed to get a setlist, and a plectrum from Dylan ;D

And The Sisters - what can i say, it was worth all the anxiety - that 90 mins or so was the BEST TIME OF MY LIFE! I was dancing away pretty much start to finish, giving it my all, andrew was on great form, i even got a nod from him, i'd like to think he appreciated the enthusiasm but he probably was just thinking 'who's that new plonker - not seen them before?!' :lol: :lol:

I know some people will be blah blah, it's not the same, whatever, i don't care, no-one can take last night away from me - it meant everything, i loved it and i'm proud of myself for being able to achieve it at last, after a million bootlegs and youtube recordings i did it in the flesh! ;D
I LOVE THE SISTERS!!!
:notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:
Pista
Cureboi

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
:notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
ROBBIE
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

That’s awesome Charlie. So glad you had a fab time. 😎
"Genevieve, I think you're lovely But Genevieve, it's time” TSOM 2020
hellboy69
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Utterly Brill & Groovy Charlie 8) Great to hear it was a top nite out!

Thanks to all for sharing vids, pics, setlist...

:notworthy:
majorsixth
Road Kill

This is the best More I've ever heard, killer video too :eek:
Echoing the thanks for the footage and impressions to everyone
Charlie
Slight Overbomber

My setlist with guitar pick from Dylan, also dog tags and tour shirt for anyone who hasn't seen it properly yet (complete with spelling mistake ;D )

iesus
Overbomber

Charlie wrote:My setlist with guitar pick from Dylan, also dog tags and tour shirt for anyone who hasn't seen it properly yet (complete with spelling mistake ;D )

Glad you had such a good time Charlie and all there. That tee is so good! :D
'Are we the Baddies?'...
"Someday! Someday, everything you need, is just gonna fall out of the sky..." -A.E. Reading 1991
Charlie
Slight Overbomber

review and pics here
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

Charlie wrote:review and pics here
Effortlessly back in the groove! Cheers for the link Charlie :notworthy:
There is increasing evidence to suggest that Chris may have been being sarcastic.
Gothicbiff
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Charlie wrote:review and pics here
Thanks Charlie :)
Pista
Cureboi

Totally stoked you had a great time Charlie & that you met up with some of the HLers.
Heartland effect in effect. :D
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
iesus
Overbomber

Nice one Charlie :)
'Are we the Baddies?'...
Swinnow
Overbomber

Made up that you enjoyed last night Charlie. It was a pleasure to meet you and put another face to an online name.

A few of those in the Revolution will do it again in May for the "other lot" if you fancy it :lol: or it looks like mid February 2021 my friend. Take care.
Charlie
Slight Overbomber

Swinnow wrote:Made up that you enjoyed last night Charlie. It was a pleasure to meet you and put another face to an online name.

A few of those in the Revolution will do it again in May for the "other lot" if you fancy it :lol: or it looks like mid February 2021 my friend. Take care.
Thank you kindly for the offer of the 'other lot' but it'll be a no from me. :innocent: :lol:

Hopefully see you again for more Sisters in the future though! :D
paint it black
Black, black, black & even blacker

Don't forget the cross stitch of the team photo 😂
Goths have feelings too
Norman Hunter
Slight Overbomber

I'll bite - what's the spelling mistake?
Four strings good, six strings bad
euphoria
Slight Overbomber

Norman Hunter wrote:I'll bite - what's the spelling mistake?
Karlsrhue should be Karlsruhe.

(Also it should be either Nürnberg and Antwerpen OR Nuremberg and Antwerp.)
EmmaPeelWannaBe
Slight Overbomber

Finally almost coherent enough to go on HL (lol or as coherent as I need to be for HL)

Epic night! Drank far too many gin & tonics, but in such fantastic company, what’s a girl to do. (You all know who you are - and if no one has any objections I’ll post the group photos on HL when I get home)

So glad I got to meet you Charlie & for once was able have enough pseudo clout ( or the O2 network) to get a decent place in the queue. It made me really happy to see how much fun you were having!

Add to that, the Sisters were on good form.

See you all either next year or if dreams come true & they actually come to the US sooner
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

Norman Hunter wrote:I'll bite

...at which point everybody who ever played football in the 1970s utterly s**t themselves ;D was great to see you t'other day mate and have a bit of a catch-up :D what did you think of the gig and / or the new stuff?
There is increasing evidence to suggest that Chris may have been being sarcastic.
Norman Hunter
Slight Overbomber

Planet Dave wrote:
Norman Hunter wrote:I'll bite

...at which point everybody who ever played football in the 1970s utterly s**t themselves ;D was great to see you t'other day mate and have a bit of a catch-up :D what did you think of the gig and / or the new stuff?
Very good...

The gig? Was... okay. Didn't really get going for me until half-way through and Eldritch whispered his was through No Time To Cry. I did like the new stuff and opening with one was bold. Just got a bit Hair Metal in places.
Four strings good, six strings bad
Swinnow
Overbomber

Von's vocals were way too low until around Alice or Dominion, even allowing for the current desire to smother him in backing vocals. Certainly not helped by the dreadful acoustics of Leeds Academy though.

The hair metal thing is also a bit too Spinal Tap, but it does make me laugh. I thought the Tap nadir had been reached with the mirror unveiling failure at Roundhouse1 last year, but I was wrong :lol:
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

Norman Hunter wrote:The gig? Was... okay. Didn't really get going for me until half-way through and Eldritch whispered his was through No Time To Cry. I did like the new stuff and opening with one was bold. Just got a bit Hair Metal in places.
Fair comment. I think the increasing number of new songs lessens the hair metal element, and Ben has definitely toned it down over the more recent tours (and thank fk for that). I dunno, it's hard to me to articulate a sensible 'review' of the gig but I know I haven't come out of a show buzzing so much since the Forum in 98. Maybe it's just a 'new songs' thing?