2022-04-29. Sala Razzmatazz, Barcelona ES

Gig news, reviews, set lists, thoughts, comments and observations on The Sisters live in 2020 and 2022
z666
Amphetamine Filth

Zeitgeist wrote: 14 Sep 2021, 10:54 Do you by any chance have an update on this @dtsom? I I have tickets to Barcelona...
It's postponed. No rescheduled date yet, but definitely won't happen this year.
Pista
Cureboi

z666 wrote: 14 Sep 2021, 17:20
Zeitgeist wrote: 14 Sep 2021, 10:54 Do you by any chance have an update on this @dtsom? I I have tickets to Barcelona...
It's postponed. No rescheduled date yet, but definitely won't happen this year.
Stands to reason that if this one's on pause, then the Madrid one will be also
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
z666
Amphetamine Filth

Oh, yeah, it's the same promoter. Not that it matters nowadays given the circumstances, but... They have already announced some shows for 2022 spring/summer (Die Krupps, Gary Numan, Marc Almond...) but Sisters is not confirmed yet, I imagine the band has not figured out when they'll be on the road again.
dtsom
Slight Overbomber

New date April 29
2023: Los Ángeles,Las Vegas, Londonx2, Valencia Madrid, Lisbon, Porto, Bilbao
Pista
Cureboi

Today's the day to have a blast at the show :D
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
iesus
Overbomber

Wish they have a plenty of paper in the venue and a top nite out ;D :lol: :bat: :bat: :bat:
'Are we the Baddies?'...
"Someday! Someday, everything you need, is just gonna fall out of the sky..." -A.E. Reading 1991
"Don't forget that most of the judges in witches trials had harvard degrees."
Being645
Above the Chemist

Gotta hurry off now 'til very late for some voluntary job ... but anyway, the doors at Razzmatazz should open right now ... ;D ...

So, get in everybody and have a wonderful, wonderful show with all the load of fun and joy and pleasure that it takes ... ;D ;D ;D ;D ... *sigh ...
One day I'll come to Barcelona and see The Sisters play at Razzmatazz, too ... :lol: ;D ...
ruffers
Overbomber

:lol: If you're there shout Cotton Eyed Joe at Ben, looking at his insta it's a tune he's working on
Chucking another log on, reversing the polarity of the neutron flow
Gothicbiff
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

There's a post on one of the FB groups.
Here's the text....it is accompanied by a photo of tourbus with fire brigade in attendance :eek:

"Band already brought the house down and haven't played a note yet
Tour bus tangled up with a power cable, luckily the Bombers (firemen) are saving the day (night)"
I have seen The Sisters at The Paradiso. I will die happy
With massive thanks to Ruffers for his company and help.
A girl is never too old to wear a Sisters tshirt!
Gothicbiff

ruffers wrote: 29 Apr 2022, 19:18 :lol: If you're there shout Cotton Eyed Joe at Ben, looking at his insta it's a tune he's working on

Just seen it..... got to love Ben :D :lol:
Charlie
Slight Overbomber

Well it seems everything went ahead ok! :lol: :von:
Setlist as seen on Facebook pic:

Don't Drive On Ice
Ribbons
There's A Door
I Will Call You
Alice
But Genevieve
Marian
Instrumental 86
Giving Ground
More
Show Me
I Was Wrong
When I'm On Fire
Here

First Encore:

Eyes Of Caligula
Lucretia, My Reflection

Second Encore:

Temple Of Love
This Corrosion
Peter KJ
Amphetamine Filth

Yep everything went ahead BUT there were some technical issues with the sound and especially Andrews’ mic. He was very angry about it.
It was better by the encores.
Crowd wasn’t happy about it. They also started at 9 p.m. instead of the 9.30 p.m. as on the website was announced. So a lot of people missed part of the gig.
Disappointed band (No thank you) and disappointed crowd (throuwing beer at the stage). Outside they were handing out ‘official complaint forms’ 😟
Anyway: Sisters in Barcelona, I liked it 😎
Chaotican
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

Quick review: They had plenty of toilet paper.

Finally made it to Spain, though I found out last night that I need to cut my time here short as the person who was to be hosting me post-Madrid has allegedly come down with covid.

There was no support band tonight, but people came pretty early and there was a good-sized, high energy crowd. Edit: I hear now that there was a miscommunication about the starting time. It wasn’t obvious from where I was, but it was bad for many people who showed up halfway through the show.

It was off to a promising start, energy-wise, but there was a lot of feedback and sound issues starting almost immediately. It was tough to build any momentum.More, Here, and Lucretia, inspired some floor action.

Most people I talked to seemed to think it still delivered overall, but the sound problems were distracting. It happens.

Edit: I’ve read some other accounts and, in all fairness, the reactions were really more mixed than the abundance of online complaints implies. And only one woman threw her cup, though she did it with a lot of gusto.
Last edited by Chaotican on 30 Apr 2022, 08:10, edited 2 times in total.
dtsom
Slight Overbomber

Disaster...I can not say more...
2023: Los Ángeles,Las Vegas, Londonx2, Valencia Madrid, Lisbon, Porto, Bilbao
sisterstekland
Slight Overbomber

Well i like bad concert sometimes
iesus
Overbomber

:notworthy: MrBlonde :bat: :bat:
'Are we the Baddies?'...
"Someday! Someday, everything you need, is just gonna fall out of the sky..." -A.E. Reading 1991
"Don't forget that most of the judges in witches trials had harvard degrees."
Being645
Above the Chemist

And some snippets ...

- More (excerpt)

- This Corrosion (excerpt) ... well, it could've been worse ...

z666
Amphetamine Filth

Well, the promoters are s**t on the Band. People are complaining about the early start and the bad sound and the promoter's response is, literally, that the show started half an hour before schedule because they were supposed to play for two hours, that the bad sound was solely the band's fault and they played only 75 minutes because the band's sound tech wasn't good enough to solve the problem.
Being645
Above the Chemist

Well, it's clearly upon the promoters to see to correct announcements ... and so on. Best forget this mess and waste no energies on their ridiculous assertions, at least not now.
Anyway, it was clearly one of these days already on arrival ...
z666
Amphetamine Filth

Ok, now we have an official statement from the promoters. They basically say the band themselves decided to start the show 30 minutes ahead of the scheduled time and against the venue and promoter's will, and the bad sound was also and solely the band's sound tech reaponsability:

Don't know It any of this is true or not, but what I can tell you is there's a s**t storm against the band all over the spanish media that definitely will hurt any forthcoming appearances here. I imagine they can live without the spanish dates, but...
FireInReptileHouse

z666 wrote: 01 May 2022, 20:44 Ok, now we have an official statement from the promoters. They basically say the band themselves decided to start the show 30 minutes ahead of the scheduled time and against the venue and promoter's will, and the bad sound was also and solely the band's sound tech reaponsability:

Don't know It any of this is true or not, but what I can tell you is there's a s**t storm against the band all over the spanish media that definitely will hurt any forthcoming appearances here. I imagine they can live without the spanish dates, but...
It could be a case of he said she said, but I've never been a fan of the band's sound engineering but it had been sounding better recently. Hope we get some clarity.
we will steal what we cannot buy when all is stole from us
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

Everyone will have forgotten in 6 years when they next tour Spain, it'll be a different promoter and if they think they can fill the venue, they'll book them to play. Judging (if that's possible) from the Madrid footage, they went down a storm anyway. One outta two ain't bad.
There is increasing evidence to suggest that Chris may have been being sarcastic.
Being645
Above the Chemist

I can't read any of this stuff. Could you take a snapshot of it?
z666
Amphetamine Filth

Don't know how to upload a photo, sorry. That's the text:

Después de más de dos años intentando realizar lo que se suponía que iba a ser una de las mejores giras de The Sisters of Mercy, con todos los problemas que han surgido por los aplazamientos y el caos sufrido por la pandemia, y cuando parecía que todo iba bien, por fin la banda llegó a Barcelona con muchas ganas. Vinieron con nuevos integrantes y nuevos temas, firmaron discos, se hicieron fotos con los fans, las pruebas de sonido sonaron bien, el humo era el adecuado, por fin se podía ver a la banda... Pero desgraciadamente comenzó el show y todo se vino abajo.

Por motivos ajenos a nosotros y a la sala Razzmatazz, la banda por causas que desconocemos entró al escenario antes de tiempo. Nos quedamos perplejos. Por este motivo en el último momento se tuvo que editar la publicación por si hubiera alguien que lo pudiera ver.

Os aseguramos que los equipos de sonido y el personal técnico que operó el concierto eran exclusivos de la banda. Tanto nosotros como la sala les comunicamos los problemas de sonido, sin que pudieran hacer nada por mejorarlo.

Lamentamos profundamente la situación dado que se ha producido por asuntos ajenos a nuestro control, para los cuales ni hemos podido interceder ni hemos podido evitarlos.

Estábamos emocionados de que pudiérais disfrutar de un gran concierto, pero desgraciadamente la mala suerte llegó en el peor momento.

EclipseGroup & RRSpromo

That translates as:

After more than two years trying to put on what was supposed to be one of the best tours of The Sisters of Mercy, with all the problems that have arisen due to the postponements and the chaos suffered by the pandemic, and when it seemed that everything It was going well, finally the band arrived in Barcelona with great enthusiasm. They came with new members and new songs, they signed albums, they took photos with the fans, the soundcheck sounded good, the smoke was right, you could finally see the band... But unfortunately the show started and everything went wrong. came down.

For reasons beyond our and the Razzmatazz staff knowledge, the band for unknown reasons entered the stage ahead of time. We were puzzled. For this reason, at the last moment, the publication had to be edited in case there was someone who could see it.

We assure you that the sound equipment and the technical staff that operated the concert were exclusive to the band. Both we and the venue communicated the sound problems, but they weren't able to do anything to improve it.

We deeply regret the situation given that it has been caused by matters beyond our control, for which we have neither been able to intercede nor have we been able to avoid them.

We were excited that you could enjoy a great concert, but unfortunately bad luck came at the worst time.

EclipseGroup & RRSpromo
Gothicbiff

I guess maybe the venue has to say it was all out of their hands....otherwise they may be liable to pay refunds?
Ben has posted on his FB page that Madrid was one of their favourite shows...so part of Spain will want them back 8)