The Sisters Of Mercy 2020 Official Portrait

Gig news, reviews, set lists, thoughts, comments and observations on The Sisters live in 2020 and 2022
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed

Phantasmagoria wrote:That gang mentality of being in a band - we haven’t seen that for a long time from the Sisters. It's really quite moving to see that in the current live band... a proper band, and proud of it. f**king awesome. Gawd bless 'em.
This ^^^
Totally. :von:
Well I was handsome and I was strong
And I knew the words to every song.
"Did my singing please you?"
"No! The words you sang were wrong!"

:bat:
abridged
Slight Overbomber

Swinnow wrote:
abridged wrote:Heh. I have the same jacket as our glorious leader. But he probably didn't buy it in Primark. :von: :lol:
Careful, the OGL moniker was awarded to Wayne many years ago on the MWIS forum.

It's a Levi denim jacket isn't it? Or a "wrangler" like we used to call them, no matter what the brand, back in the day on the Wirral.
Ah I'd forgotten about that! Yep every denim jacket was called a Wrangler over our way too! Kind of like every hoover is called ahem a hoover! :lol:
The Chancer Corporation
eastmidswhizzkid

abridged wrote:
Swinnow wrote:
abridged wrote:Heh. I have the same jacket as our glorious leader. But he probably didn't buy it in Primark. :von: :lol:
Careful, the OGL moniker was awarded to Wayne many years ago on the MWIS forum.

It's a Levi denim jacket isn't it? Or a "wrangler" like we used to call them, no matter what the brand, back in the day on the Wirral.
Ah I'd forgotten about that! Yep every denim jacket was called a Wrangler over our way too! Kind of like every hoover is called ahem a hoover! :lol:
we must have had a higher self-image cuz ALL denim jackets when i was growing up weere called 'levi's' lol.
Mine was made by Lee as at the age of 12 wearing clothes with my own name on the tag seemed cool as fuck.

Todashi
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

Sweet photo. It should be on the back of an album.

(I'll get my coat)
“I don't want people to come and see our gig because of the magnificent things I'm doing with my hips, but it's their evening, you know. They have to have fun. I'm a little bit naive."
abridged
Slight Overbomber

eastmidswhizzkid wrote:
abridged wrote:
Swinnow wrote: Careful, the OGL moniker was awarded to Wayne many years ago on the MWIS forum.

we must have had a higher self-image cuz ALL denim jackets when i was growing up weere called 'levi's' lol.
Mine was made by Lee as at the age of 12 wearing clothes with my own name on the tag seemed cool as fuck.
Heh. We were were just harder! Well apart from my silver and purple girl's blouse! But still grrrr etc! :wink:
The Chancer Corporation
eastmidswhizzkid

Silver and purple sound good together. 8)

Phantasmagoria
Road Kill

Growing up in Gloucester, we always called them Levi's too. Best matched with a pair of skintight denim jeans (which were probably more elastane than denim) made by a brand called Cosmic, which were £9.99 and seemingly only available from a stall in Gloucester cattle market, rather than any proper shops. :von:
Being645
Above the Chemist

mandrake wrote:The number of the beast is... 99. ;)
... :lol: ... 99 is the year of the Sisters To The Planet Edge tour ... :) ...
eotunun
Overbomber

eastmidswhizzkid wrote:also good to see Ravey being recognised as a band member- the first Nurse to be so honoured,. :notworthy:

EDIT: i wrote "The Sisters Of Mercy- fuck all the haters" as a comment to Ben's posting the pic and got a 'like' from Mr.Christo. I am nearly 50 and probably old enough to be his dad but it made my day. :von:
A: Indeed! Cherrish The Nurse! :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:
B: I heard Ben is around fourty, so if you started early… ;D

…which I trust you did… ;D ;D ;D
There is shadow under this red rock
abridged
Slight Overbomber

Phantasmagoria wrote:
Growing up in Gloucester, we always called them Levi's too. Best matched with a pair of skintight denim jeans (which were probably more elastane than denim) made by a brand called Cosmic, which were £9.99 and seemingly only available from a stall in Gloucester cattle market, rather than any proper shops. :von:
Over our way it used to be impossible to get a decent pair of skin-tight black jeans and the only shirts we had were those bootleg ones that seem to sell for lots of money now. Wish I'd kept them! :wink:
The Chancer Corporation
Phantasmagoria
Road Kill

abridged wrote:
Phantasmagoria wrote:
Over our way it used to be impossible to get a decent pair of skin-tight black jeans and the only shirts we had were those bootleg ones that seem to sell for lots of money now. Wish I'd kept them! :wink:
For some reason this talk of skin-tight jeans reminds me of when I first moved to Wales back in 1990 or thereabouts. Bunch of townies drove past me, walking down Swansea Kings Road, and yelled out of the window "Oi, you skinny legged goth hippy!"

I was never sure if it was meant as a compliment or not... :?
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Those skintight stretchy black jeans were a tenner from a stall in Leeds Market too. They had an alarming tendency for the stitching in the crotch to come undone as I recall :lol:
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
Pista
Cureboi

I used to get mine on Worthing market.
If they were a bit too loose, I'd turn them inside out & run a couple of rows of stitches with my mum' sewing machine up the inside leg to ensure a proper "sprayed on" look.
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
Phantasmagoria
Road Kill

markfiend wrote:Those skintight stretchy black jeans were a tenner from a stall in Leeds Market too. They had an alarming tendency for the stitching in the crotch to come undone as I recall :lol:
Yes, indeed! I used to wear lycra cycling shorts under mine, so as not to appear too... obscene! My pair had to last me years, so by the time they finally disintegrated, they were more like a thong at the rear!
Phantasmagoria
Road Kill

I used to get mine on Worthing market.
If they were a bit too loose, I'd turn them inside out & run a couple of rows of stitches with my mum' sewing machine up the inside leg to ensure a proper "sprayed on" look.
:lol:

Seems we all got them from markets. I don't think my kids would even know what a market stall was - if you can't get it from Amazon, it doesn't exist!
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

Quote from college mate in the late 80s -

' 'ere Dave hold still you've got two bits of loose stitching dangling off the bottom of your jacket'

(waits for me to turn round and check)

'Oh no sorry it's just yer legs'.

... which made a nice change from 'spider in boots' etc :lol:
There is increasing evidence to suggest that Chris may have been being sarcastic.
eastmidswhizzkid

eotunun wrote:
eastmidswhizzkid wrote: i wrote "The Sisters Of Mercy- fuck all the haters" as a comment to Ben's posting the pic and got a 'like' from Mr.Christo. I am nearly 50 and probably old enough to be his dad but it made my day. :von:
I heard Ben is around fourty, so if you started early… ;D

…which I trust you did… ;D ;D ;D
you are quite right of course: i had completely failed to take into account the fact of his 14 years as a band member. :roll: :lol:
in all fairness he seriously doesnt look any older than when he joined.

Gothicbiff
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

I actually felt quite emotional when I saw it. Made this 55 year old fan feel like the 20 year old fan she once was!! :eek: :bat:
There must (hopefully) be a reason Andrew is suddenly happy to pose for "official" group shot.
6FeetOver
Childlike Empress

Gothicbiff wrote:There must (hopefully) be a reason Andrew is suddenly happy to pose for "official" group shot.
Hopefully, indeed. :von: :bat:

:eek: :lol: :oops:
I left my heart in Ballycastle... :cry: :cry: :cry:
splintered thing

Gothicbiff wrote:I actually felt quite emotional when I saw it. Made this 55 year old fan feel like the 20 year old fan she once was!! :eek: :bat:
There must (hopefully) be a reason Andrew is suddenly happy to pose for "official" group shot.

Same here. ;D :von:

That picture seems to have broken a small but precious section of the internet over the last day or so! <3

:lol:
as the day is long,
rain from heaven
paint it black
Black, black, black & even blacker

I got mine laminated in case I seep too much
Tinker
Road Kill

paint it black wrote:I got mine laminated in case I seep too much
:eek:
paint it black
Black, black, black & even blacker

Got my duvet and matching pillow slips on order. Can't wait
Goths have feelings too
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

That's really touchy to see that one picture relight fire of hopes and dreams.
One picture. I can't imagine what it would be if there were three.
:lol: :twisted:

Some people have learned that being over-demanding is a road to nowhere but being so undemanding it's just an Antipodes.

But picture itself is nice, well done, and surly brings memery of VT era.
hellboy69

First (& Last) word that came to mind was “Gatefold� 8)