2021-09-10, Roundhouse, London UK

Gig news, reviews, set lists, thoughts, comments and observations on The Sisters live in 2020 and 2022
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed

i'm going!!! yaaay! 8)
to this one at least so far...
Well I was handsome and I was strong
And I knew the words to every song.
"Did my singing please you?"
"No! The words you sang were wrong!"

:bat:
Memphis Rich
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

If you can stick around for the next two nights I'll furnish you with those ciders I promised, for showing me how to post Insight of Trinity videos in here. Cheers!
Words are just turds
In sewers of sound
eastmidswhizzkid

I just bought me a ticket for this here event...knew you'd be pleased. :von:

LyanvisAberrant
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Any word on the support for these nights? I notice that A.A Williams is on tour in London on the 11th, with availability on the 10th and 12th... Hmm?
A man with a fictitious grin pondered the terrain in which he flooded with anguish, for this is England. The lion cannot be tamed, this is the game.
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

Following today's announcement regarding the forthcoming easing / lifting of restrictions in the UK, and given the shows were being advertised recently in UK Sunday papers, it's safe to say these gigs are (currently) a goer. Venues will be encouraged to require 'passport' checks but for now will not be a legal requirement, same with masks. It remains to be seen what stipulations the Roundhouse chooses to apply, and of course anything can happen in 2 months, but for the first time since the shows were announced, it's reasonable to get a little bit giddy. Hope everyone that wants to attend can do so.
There is increasing evidence to suggest that Chris may have been being sarcastic.
eastmidswhizzkid

they had fucking well BETTER go ahead. cunting KUNG-FLU ruined my 50th birthday plans.,..if it does it this year i may just take it personally.

abridged
Slight Overbomber

So if I've got this right (if it's possible to get anything right after listening to Boris and co.) people will have to prove they are double vaccinated before entry to the Roundhouse? This makes me feel better. Yes I know the civil liberties issue but I really don't want to catch the bloody thing. Though the potential 100,000 people catching it a day in England doesn't make me feel better about travelling in/through England. :roll:
The Chancer Corporation
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

abridged wrote: 20 Jul 2021, 10:42 So if I've got this right (if it's possible to get anything right after listening to Boris and co.) people will have to prove they are double vaccinated before entry to the Roundhouse?
Technically (and at the moment ie subject to change) it's the end of September that that rule will come into 'law', though I'm sure it'll be made a requirement by individual venues too before then. If you got your pass then you'll be fine no matter what :)

The civil liberties conversation is too big for HL, that's an over-a-pint-outside-The Enterprise convo :wink:
There is increasing evidence to suggest that Chris may have been being sarcastic.
czuczu
Overbomber

Loads of tours and gigs are still being cancelled, some at v short notice - it only takes 1 member of a tour party to test positive and thats everything f**ked while they all have to isolate for a while. At least they have a Doktor in the party :D

I wouldnt be surprised if it ends up being double jab and a 24hr all clear LFT result to get in by September. Crossing all my fingers and toes though, gigs are well overdue
eastmidswhizzkid

anyone heard of any after-show parties yet?

Dr. Moody

Just booked flights, tickets for all three nights, looking forward to it. Fingers crossed it goes ahead.
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

Train tickets booked on the Charlie & Dave Express, that's a hundred quid up the swanny if the weekend gets binned. All being well it's a hundred quid excellently spent :von:
eastmidswhizzkid

Planet Dave wrote: 02 Aug 2021, 12:53 Train tickets booked on the Charlie & Dave Express, that's a hundred quid up the swanny if the weekend gets binned. All being well it's a hundred quid excellently spent :von:
are you coming for the firiday & the saturday now or all 3?

Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

eastmidswhizzkid wrote: 02 Aug 2021, 14:58
Planet Dave wrote: 02 Aug 2021, 12:53 Train tickets booked on the Charlie & Dave Express, that's a hundred quid up the swanny if the weekend gets binned. All being well it's a hundred quid excellently spent :von:
All 3 mate. All being well :D
eastmidswhizzkid

Planet Dave wrote: 02 Aug 2021, 15:02
eastmidswhizzkid wrote: 02 Aug 2021, 14:58
All 3 mate. All being well :D
Very nice 8)

Gothicbiff

I've just booked a 1st class £320 nonrefundable train ticket from Glasgow......keeping everything crossed!!!!
I have seen The Sisters at The Paradiso. I will die happy
With massive thanks to Ruffers for his company and help.
A girl is never too old to wear a Sisters tshirt!
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

Gothicbiff wrote: 02 Aug 2021, 15:08 I've just booked a 1st class £320 nonrefundable train ticket from Glasgow......keeping everything crossed!!!!
Blimey you could have bought six hoodies with that! :innocent:

@ Brother Lee - yes yes I like you like iz nice! You're sorted for all 3 now aren't you?
Gothicbiff

Planet Dave wrote: 02 Aug 2021, 15:18
Gothicbiff wrote: 02 Aug 2021, 15:08 I've just booked a 1st class £320 nonrefundable train ticket from Glasgow......keeping everything crossed!!!!
Blimey you could have bought six hoodies with that! :innocent:

@ Brother Lee - yes yes I like you like iz nice! You're sorted for all 3 now aren't you?
A girl has to travel in style :D
I have just got round to ordering the zipped hoodie..... so that's one night's outfit sorted :lol:
paint it black
Black, black, black & even blacker

Has anyone received their physical tix yet?
Goths have feelings too
eastmidswhizzkid

Planet Dave wrote: 02 Aug 2021, 15:18
I am doing the Friday and the Saturday thanks to the serious largesse of others. however i will be staying in 'That London' over night on the Saturday for any post-gig shenanigans, despite not actually attending the Sunday night.

ribbons69
Slight Overbomber

Ouch.
Fraulein Ribbons and I have first class from Nottingham for £20 each but could only get pikey standard back for £46 each , that does include a one third discount for our two together railcard.
"I've seen Andrew Eldritch in an ice hockey shirt onstage, and I've given him the benefit of the doubt"
Tom G Warrior of Celtic Frost

we fall to rise
ribbons69
Slight Overbomber

paint it black wrote: 02 Aug 2021, 20:01 Has anyone received their physical tix yet?
It's a bit early, normally the Roundhouse send them out a couple of weeks prior to the event.
"I've seen Andrew Eldritch in an ice hockey shirt onstage, and I've given him the benefit of the doubt"
Tom G Warrior of Celtic Frost

we fall to rise
Gothicbiff

ribbons69 wrote: 05 Aug 2021, 18:28
Ouch.
Fraulein Ribbons and I have first class from Nottingham for £20 each but could only get pikey standard back for £46 each , that does include a one third discount for our two together railcard.

Crossing the border is an expensive business.
And I don't have a railcard :(
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

Remembering the wall of bereftitude that was the merch stall at the Leeds 30th anniv gigs, we can only hope that the Reptile House has had time to swing into action for these gigs, buoyed by the knowledge that t-shirts (and white hoodies) are the key to all this :von: ;D
paint it black
Black, black, black & even blacker

Flags- a range of flags would be very popular
Goths have feelings too