2021-09-12, Roundhouse, London UK

Gig news, reviews, set lists, thoughts, comments and observations on The Sisters live in 2020 and 2022
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed

Charlie wrote: 16 Aug 2021, 11:51
eastmidswhizzkid wrote: 16 Aug 2021, 11:38 Guess who's coming to this as well? 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)
with enormous thanks to my generous benefactor who sadly isnt going but amazingly thought of little old me! bless you bro x :notworthy: :kiss:
Excellent news Lee! :D :D
i dont know if this makes me seem like a spoiled brat or not, but it wasnt until i found out i was going to all 3 nights that i realised hoiw much it had been bothering me that i wasn't going to all 3. i havent been that excited about going at all, despite looking forward it, and assumed i was just in trepidation of last minute cancellation. Now i am going to all 3 i feel AMAZING. :twisted:
Well I was handsome and I was strong
And I knew the words to every song.
"Did my singing please you?"
"No! The words you sang were wrong!"

:bat:
Charlie
Slight Overbomber

eastmidswhizzkid wrote: 16 Aug 2021, 22:07
Charlie wrote: 16 Aug 2021, 11:51
eastmidswhizzkid wrote: 16 Aug 2021, 11:38 Guess who's coming to this as well? 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)
with enormous thanks to my generous benefactor who sadly isnt going but amazingly thought of little old me! bless you bro x :notworthy: :kiss:
Excellent news Lee! :D :D
i dont know if this makes me seem like a spoiled brat or not, but it wasnt until i found out i was going to all 3 nights that i realised hoiw much it had been bothering me that i wasn't going to all 3. i havent been that excited about going at all, despite looking forward it, and assumed i was just in trepidation of last minute cancellation. Now i am going to all 3 i feel AMAZING. :twisted:
We'd put it to the back of our minds as much as possible cos you never know what could happen but with less than a month to go we've started to get a wee bit giddy about it all! ;D :lol:
dtsom
Slight Overbomber

I am in
2023: Los Ángeles,Las Vegas, Londonx2, Valencia Madrid, Lisbon, Porto, Bilbao
eastmidswhizzkid

this shiit with the digital tickets is fuckking ridiculous. as i have been given my ticket for the sunday night i have had to get the donor to write a letter of authorisation (on a form the roundhouse sent me) HAND-SIGN it, and post it to me for me to collect the tickets from the venue beforehand. collect the VIRTUAL tickets that don't exist. the donor has also had to notify the r'house of the transfer and provide them with my details. what fuckktard thought that up? apparently it will stop touts . and?

euphoria
Slight Overbomber

eastmidswhizzkid wrote: 03 Sep 2021, 17:37 this shiit with the digital tickets is fuckking ridiculous. as i have been given my ticket for the sunday night i have had to get the donor to write a letter of authorisation (on a form the roundhouse sent me) HAND-SIGN it, and post it to me for me to collect the tickets from the venue beforehand. collect the VIRTUAL tickets that don't exist. the donor has also had to notify the r'house of the transfer and provide them with my details. what fuckktard thought that up? apparently it will stop touts . and?

I agree, if they are so digital it should be possible to digitally transfer the name as well. But, let's see how it really works at the entrance - I have had my name on most tickets over the last years, but have so far never experienced an ID check regarding the ticket.

I'm also wondering how it is possible that there are now many more free tickets for example for Saturday, when it is not possible to return any tickets? (checking Level 2 Seated which shows seats left) Where do these new seats come from? There were about 5-7 tickets left during the last weeks, now there are over 40...
godgirl
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

Super-excited for I Like Trains! Gonna be a long night of standing around, after 2 previous nights. Please give me space if you see me looking stressed, I'll be fatigued and in a lot of pain so may need to just be left alone at times, esp if outside smoking on the balcony! Still, super-excited for I Like Trains!

I'll have probably had enough of t'Sisters by then, unless they throw some major suprises into the works like "War on Drugs" or "On the Wire" or massively brilliant covers! :)
"When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle. Then I realised God doesn't work that way, so I stole one and prayed for forgiveness"
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

godgirl wrote: 04 Sep 2021, 21:41 Super-excited for I Like Trains! Gonna be a long night of standing around, after 2 previous nights. Please give me space if you see me looking stressed, I'll be fatigued and in a lot of pain so may need to just be left alone at times, esp if outside smoking on the balcony! Still, super-excited for I Like Trains!

I'll have probably had enough of t'Sisters by then, unless they throw some major suprises into the works like "War on Drugs" or "On the Wire" or massively brilliant covers! :)
War On Drugs would be magnificent but Ben and Dylan would be doing the lions share of the singing I reckon. Am trying to avoid musing on what they may or may not play, so long as they do Black Sail Show Me, Genevieve and Susanne at some point over the weekend, i'll be happy :D
There is increasing evidence to suggest that Chris may have been being sarcastic.
eastmidswhizzkid

i am looking forward to the Sunday night (post-digital-ticket transfer worry-potential) as being a sublime & zen-like evening differing from the previous 2 in these crucial ways:
any new songs and /or set-list surprises will presumably have been premiered, post-mortemed and processed; i will have already ran into and enjoyed the company (hopefully many times over) of all the friends i hoped/planned to see as well as anyone else that i was destined to see; and of the 3 nights it will be the only night where -estimable friends/family/associates from within our Sisters family aside- i will be attending alone, as on the Friday i am attending with my adopted Li'l Sis Aoife and on the Saturday with my adopted Li'l Sis Lucy.

the Sunday will also be the first time EVER i have attended 3 nights straight without a gap. so the drugs WILL be working. :twisted:

Andrew S
Slight Overbomber

I'm treating myself to a hotel on the Sunday so I won't have to worry about getting back to South London after the gig. Glad to hear somebody will be up for post-gig drinks and not rushing off early to get up for work or travel home the next day.
RIP Dale: 1994 - 2009
godgirl
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

Andrew S wrote: 06 Sep 2021, 01:05 I'm treating myself to a hotel on the Sunday so I won't have to worry about getting back to South London after the gig. Glad to hear somebody will be up for post-gig drinks and not rushing off early to get up for work or travel home the next day.
My cats prevent such shennanigans now and last bus is at midnight so I will turn into a pumpkin. Will the Enterprise even be serving after 11 on a Sunday night?

BTW night tube is not back on until 2022 so late bus or last tube at 1230am to get home on Fri and Sat too! Just to warn you.
"When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle. Then I realised God doesn't work that way, so I stole one and prayed for forgiveness"
ruffers
Overbomber

So, Friday was a warm up, Saturday was the party, and tonight is the after party where they really get stuck in?
Chucking another log on, reversing the polarity of the neutron flow
Swinnow
Overbomber

I hope you see new new tunes tonight, especially for those who travelled for all three nights. Enjoy kids
....if I have to explain, then you'll never understand....
iesus
Overbomber

Third usually is the charm. Wish you all there have a blast one and have at least a new tune other than the already known :bat:
'Are we the Baddies?'...
"Someday! Someday, everything you need, is just gonna fall out of the sky..." -A.E. Reading 1991
"Don't forget that most of the judges in witches trials had harvard degrees."
ruffers
Overbomber

I'm actually enjoying I like trains. Bit like the National.

Venue is and will be nowhere near full so looking forward to the intimate show....
czuczu
Overbomber

10 mins to go and it's really f**king sparse in here!
ruffers
Overbomber

Intimate czuczu, Intimate.
czuczu
Overbomber

;D

"too f**king intimate"

Filling up a bit :)
ruffers
Overbomber

Filled up a bit at last minute.

Lucretia, slightly dodgy start but got going fine. Until Von got lost again, Bless.

He seems engaged shouting out something I can't make out and they

Crash And Burn. With feeling. Never used to be a favourite, liking it now. One too many yelps though.
ruffers
Overbomber

I will call you.
ruffers
Overbomber

Alive is great again.
iesus
Overbomber

ruffers wrote: 12 Sep 2021, 21:34 Alive is great again.
new song? ;D
'Are we the Baddies?'...
"Someday! Someday, everything you need, is just gonna fall out of the sky..." -A.E. Reading 1991
"Don't forget that most of the judges in witches trials had harvard degrees."
ruffers
Overbomber

iesus wrote: 12 Sep 2021, 21:36
new song? ;D
Good idea.

But Genevieve. Future number 1,my record of the week pop pickers.
Robson
Amphetamine Filth

iesus wrote: 12 Sep 2021, 21:36
new song? ;D
pearl jam cover
- since 1992 -
ruffers
Overbomber

Dominion Mother Russia

Blue lights
ruffers
Overbomber

Summer. Another hit I'll wager.