2022-05-15. Progresja, Warszawa, PL

Gig news, reviews, set lists, thoughts, comments and observations on The Sisters live in 2020 and 2022
ruffers
Overbomber

Great stuff, thank you
Chucking another log on, reversing the polarity of the neutron flow
LyanvisAberrant
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Replace marian with she's a monster pleaaaaseeee, that got boring so so long ago
A man with a fictitious grin pondered the terrain in which he flooded with anguish, for this is England. The lion cannot be tamed, this is the game.
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

Few words from me.

So in terms of technicality - the sound - I was a lot better than yesterday, at least where I was standing (2nd row more on Dylan's side), everything was in the right place, audible, loud, but not too much. No distortion of sound, the mix was just superb, The Best ever for me.

The whole band enjoyed the gig very well. Von was in a particularly good mood, chatting with people, making comments, thanking (the most memorable was bowing in front of people with whom i was [well known to the band and here] after When I'm on fire, i guess maybe for singing loud chorus part). I got a feeling that he stopped taking touring as strictly duty/chore. A nice change. He was really having fun, enjoying this. I've seen how much fun he was having during instrumental 86, all the smiles, in between, thumb up during another song. The band, as it is, seems to be tighter than ever before, there's great chemistry betwixt them and you can see and feel it.

The huge progress that Ben made is incredible, he learned how to use something i call briefly air (pause, less guitar masturbation called solo with 10k and 1 tune per 15 second - an overload of tunes); Dylan makes not an only a good impression, but simply fits to the band from the day one.

Particularly good, from the new-new songs, work well: when I'm on fire, here, Eyes of Caligula and rock turned into diamond - Black sail. It would be nice one day to have a chance to listen to them well produced by E
AE as EP.

Because i was in the front, together with even bigger freaks (sorry in advance if anyone who feels offended by this term, no malice intended, I'm just jealous that you can follow the band to more gigs than i :wink: ) than i, we were having a good time and thus that's how i see this gig. But seriously - i was looking around and people seemed to have a good time, singing these half well-known songs, dancing, clapping, there was no violent mosh-pit like the day before.

Because for me it was the last gig for this tour i can summarize my impressions and compare the these few times i got chance to see them im Polen since 2006: as for me the Best was my first - Kraków 2006 - not only because it was the second best gift i made myself for the exact day of my b-day, but because overall experience, atmosphere, and feelings were and still is one of the most memorable gig ever for me; the yesterday was better in terms of sound, and the icing was seeing how enjoyed this Von, thus the greatest mystery of gigs - Exchange of Chemistry betwixt the band and the crowd - and addition of meeting once again and some for the first time people from HL made in damn fine time - this one might even top the Kraków 2006. The industry grovy machine works like it wasn't in the last 16+ years. As I wrote 2019 restored my Faith in The Band, but this one grew The Faith even stronger.

Cannot wait to see them more, I wish to have more time and money to travel with the band more often next tour.

Disclaimer: sorry for all typos, I've made my Best to catch them, but I'm writing this on my Handy, on the train, with autocorrection trying to find patterns in Polish.
Last edited by Bartek on 17 May 2022, 11:02, edited 3 times in total.
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed

thanks for your thoughts and reflections @Bartek . that thing of Von enjoying it so much and giving that energy and feeling back to the fans was very much the overall impression he gave at The Roundhouse last September, especially on the last night. it's a beautiful, beautiful thing and makes the whole experience so much more of a Gestalt for the long time fanbase. nice.
Well I was handsome and I was strong
And I knew the words to every song.
"Did my singing please you?"
"No! The words you sang were wrong!"

:bat:
Being645
Above the Chemist

Bartek wrote: 16 May 2022, 14:46 Few words from me.

So in terms of technicallity - the sound - i was lot more better than yesterday, at least where i was standing (2nd row more on Dylan's side), everything was in right place, audiable, loud, but not too much. No distortion of sound, mix was just superb, The Best ever for me.

Whole band enjoyed the gig very well. Von was in partuclar good mood, chatting with people, making comments, thanking (the most memorable was bowing in front of people with whom i was [well known to the band and here] after When I'm on fire, i guess maybe for singing loud chours part). I got a feeling that he stopped taking touring as stricly duty/chore. A nice change. He was really having fun, enjoying this. I've see how much fun he was having during instumental 86, all the smiles, in btween, thumb up during another song. The band, as it is, seems to be tighter than ever before, there's a great chmistry betwixt them and you can see and feel it.

The huge progress that Ben made is incerdible, he learned how to use something i call brifely air (pause, less guitar masturbation called solo with 10k and 1 tunes per 15 second - an oveload of tunes); Dylan makes not only good impression, but simply first to the band from the day one.

Particularly good from the new-new songs work well: when I'm on fire, here, eyes of Caligula and rock turned into diamond - black sail. It would be nice one day have a chance listen them well produced by E
AE as EP.

Because i was in the front, together with even bigger freaks (sorry in advance if enyone who feel offended by this term, no malice intention, I'm just jelous that you can follow the band to more gigs that i :wink: ) than i, we were having a good time and thus that's how i see this gig. But seriusly - i was looking around and people seemed to have good time, singing these half well-known songs, dancing, clapping, there was no voilent mosh-pit like the day before.

Because for me it was the last gig for this tour i can summarize my impressions and compare the these few times i got chance to see them im Polen since 2006: as for me the Best was my first - Kraków 10.06.2006 - not only because it was the second Best gift i made myself for the exact day of my b-day, but besause overall expirience, atmosphere, and feelings was and still is one of the most memorable gig ever for me; the yesterday was better in terms of sound, an icing was seeing how enjoyed this Von, thus the greatest mystery of gigs - Exchange of Chemistry betwitx the band and the crowd- and addition of meeting once again and some for the first time people from HL made in damn fine time - this on might even topped the Kraków 2006. The industry grovy machine is works like it wasn't in the last 16+ years. As I wrote 2019 restored my Faith to Th Band, but this one grew the faith even stronger.

Cannot wait to see them more, i wish to have more time and money to travel the band more often next tour.

Disclaimer: sorry for all typos, i've made my Best to catch them, but I'm writting this on my handy, on train, with autocorrection trying to find patterns in Polish.
Many thanks for the extended review, Bartek ... :D ... and for all the things you brought to us over the past two days ... :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: ... It makes me happy to see you enjoyed the concert so much... ;D ;D ;D ...and great to see the band in best mood, getting ever more and ever better into their show, without any fog, and the sound finding its nuances, and the audience taking so much joy and pleasure in it... ;D ;D ;D ... hell, watching all this here is almost as exciting as being there ... :lol: ... still, there's nothing like a real Sisters gig ... so maybe one day we might even meet at one of the them... ;D :lol: :kiss: ...

Ah, btw, page done
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

I presume from your review Bartek that it was you bunch of freaks :lol: he was saying hello to at the start of Here, captured for prosperity by Ingo's awesome vid ;D
There is increasing evidence to suggest that Chris may have been being sarcastic.
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

Most likely.
He had come several times to us (well, the front rowers).
Gotta see the videos, just for fun.
Last edited by Bartek on 16 May 2022, 16:21, edited 1 time in total.
Gothicbiff
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Thanks for such a detailed review Bartek :notworthy:
Glad you had such a great 2 nights!

Looking forward to watching a happy birthday boy Andrew later :) :von:
I have seen The Sisters at The Paradiso. I will die happy
With massive thanks to Ruffers for his company and help.
A girl is never too old to wear a Sisters tshirt!
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

Now i see all the typos/autocorrection changes. :oops:
Hope you get from the context what i was trying to write.
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

Planet Dave wrote: 16 May 2022, 15:50 I presume from your review Bartek that it was you bunch of freaks :lol: he was saying hello to at the start of Here, captured for prosperity by Ingo's awesome vid ;D
I just watched the videos from Mr.Blonde and Ingo - nope, that wasn't for us.
Pista
Cureboi

It seems the new issue of Teraz Rock will include a Sisters review.
Not sure which show though
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity