2022-05-21. Sentrum Scene, Oslo NO

Gig news, reviews, set lists, thoughts, comments and observations on The Sisters live in 2020 and 2022
Yggdrasil
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

Planet Dave wrote: 22 May 2022, 15:28 Loving the set shake-up that throws in 3 old classics, all from the 'live era' Sisters.
12 unreleased songs in one set, that's pretty incredible..!
Planet Dave wrote: 22 May 2022, 15:28 Albums? Who needs albums? ;D
I don't — I need a string of 12" EPs, like back in the day... all we had was bootlegs with tons of unreleased stuff, and the singles/EPs.

What an incredible series of 12" these new songs could be! With Romeo, Crash & Burn and Suzanne thrown in for good measure...
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

Yggdrasil wrote: 23 May 2022, 07:20 What an incredible series of 12" these new songs could be! With Romeo, Crash & Burn and Suzanne thrown in for good measure...
Damn right it would :notworthy: just don't hold yer breath.
There is increasing evidence to suggest that Chris may have been being sarcastic.
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

Awhhh-hooo, let's do the war on drugs.
Pista
Cureboi

Review here with some great photos
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
Pbone777
Road Kill

Hello all. Jeff here from the US. Made the trip to Sisters and VON Eldritch in Oslo -- great, great show. Loved the focus on the new stuff.

At the end of Romeo Down what I heard him say was "Live music is.....different. Because of you." I took it as a pretty rare direct acknowledgement of the audience and that he actually enjoyed the show. Ben also seemed really fired up coming back out for the encores. I admit, I've not seen them live before but I definitely have been a Youtube fiend of their stuff, and I tend to think we got a show they actually enjoyed playing. Ravey was his (at least from I could deal) his usual self and I got a few Dylan hip swings in my face front row on Ben's side, but I do think that comment was a sign that Andrew was happy to be playing live again. FWIW.
Pista
Cureboi

Hello @Pbone777 (Jeff) & welcome to :hl: :D
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity