2022-07-02. Hills Of Rock Fest, Sofia BG

Gig news, reviews, set lists, thoughts, comments and observations on The Sisters live in 2020 and 2022
iesus
Overbomber

It could have happen, or not. This reminds me the chapter with the couple on train when they returned from first italian concert and then they had them again from Brussels to London :twisted: The "honeymoon from hell with that band from Leeds" :lol:
Though in that case he was with Gary Marx the "terror duo" :roll: :bat:
'Are we the Baddies?'...
"Someday! Someday, everything you need, is just gonna fall out of the sky..." -A.E. Reading 1991
"Don't forget that most of the judges in witches trials had harvard degrees."
sisterstekland
Slight Overbomber

Nobody care about what he is doing in his life. We love his music, that's it
doctor_jeep
Amphetamine Filth

Planet Dave wrote: 03 Jul 2022, 15:18 Magnificent, cheers for those links FMAMMY, Eyes Of Caligula gets better every listen :notworthy: digging the Crystal Palace 93 'zoomed-in and shaky' vibes of those vids ;D :notworthy:
Just got around to watch the vids and damn, that really feels like Crystal Palace all over again. Really no offense to Ingo, MrBlonde and all our other video heroes, but this was the best stuff from 2022 I've seen so far. It's boomy and full of feedback but hey, can they do a festival stage. Von in a really really good mood, very strong voice, even going at the higher notes again, no hiss, no mumble, delays in the right places, Ben and Dylan immaculate as always... This sounds and feels like an act not to be missed. I'm a bit more in love than usually. Wish there was more footage. Hach.

tl;dr: What a difference a cigarette can make.
Clearly now the past mistakes
The giant steps we had to take
The path that ever promise made to
Die in dream dissolve and fade
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

doctor_jeep wrote: 06 Jul 2022, 19:29
Planet Dave wrote: 03 Jul 2022, 15:18 Magnificent, cheers for those links FMAMMY, Eyes Of Caligula gets better every listen :notworthy: digging the Crystal Palace 93 'zoomed-in and shaky' vibes of those vids ;D :notworthy:
Just got around to watch the vids and damn, that really feels like Crystal Palace all over again. Really no offense to Ingo, MrBlonde and all our other video heroes, but this was the best stuff from 2022 I've seen so far. It's boomy and full of feedback but hey, can they do a festival stage. Von in a really really good mood, very strong voice, even going at the higher notes again, no hiss, no mumble, delays in the right places, Ben and Dylan immaculate as always... This sounds and feels like an act not to be missed. I'm a bit more in love than usually. Wish there was more footage. Hach.

tl;dr: What a difference a cigarette can make.
Aye me and Charlie came to the same conclusion at the same time whilst watching him belt out Temple without running out of breath or energy :notworthy:
There is increasing evidence to suggest that Chris may have been being sarcastic.
Todashi
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

Yeah, there's something about seeing them totally dominate a festival stage. The sound system just seems to work for them (at least on those clips from Sofia). You can kinda get why for years he was insisting they were a 'major label' band - things obviously didn't go that way for them, but the sound of the modern version of the Sisters really seems to suit big venues. Shame we normally only get to see them in smaller places.
Charlie
Slight Overbomber

Dave has found a few more videos for this one on the youtubes, so i've added them to the wiki.
:D :D :notworthy:

Here they are:

Being645
Above the Chemist

Perfect, Charlie !!! ... :notworthy: ;D ... (and thanks to Dave) ... :D :D ...

Such a poweful performance of I Will Call You ... and wow, this is an almost full version of More !!! ...

The Sisters are so energtic these days... ImageImage Image ... it's like Von's woken up from a long sleeping beauty slumber ... :lol: ;D :notworthy: ...
sisterspinster
Road Kill

eotunun wrote: 04 Jul 2022, 14:01
sisterspinster wrote: 04 Jul 2022, 11:48 The show was good, the shameful behaviour yesterday of Andrew Eldritch on the plane back to London was not. I was excited to see him got on the same flight as me but not for long. He was removed from the plane on landing, partly for causing trouble, and partly I guess for his own safety, after he drunkenly abused and threatened a female passenger and insulted a group of men much bigger than him. Embarrassing and I wont see them anymore
You may not be aware just where you are, but you ought to be aware that such falsehoods as what you write here are right under the eyes of the band and the man himself.
You better think twice before you act up like that on Heartland. Somebody from 2000 Hamburg 4 might get very angry at you. You don´t want that. Believe me.

Is this a threat? I know at least two people were filming the scene, I am surprised it hasn’t got to YouTube yet. I am sure it will
sisterspinster
Road Kill

Planet Dave wrote: 04 Jul 2022, 15:24 Outrageous behaviour! Fancy insulting a group of men much bigger than yourself. I'm done with The Sisters, it's Motorhead and Metallica only for me from now on.
That bit was embarrassing, but the abusive and threatening behaviour to a woman is why I will never be able to see him in the same light