Walk Away -- Red on Black Cover: does it exist?

Have you established a good reputation at HL and got some Sisters stuff to sell or trade with the community? Or are you searching for that elusive ultra rare live bootleg from 1988? Ever had a bad experience with a trader on Ebay? Let us all know here. Outdated threads will be purged over time.

Warning: Newcomers posting here first will be treated like spammers. At least have the courtesy to say hello in General Chat first...
bismarck
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Does this really exist?

I swear I saw one for sale in the late '80s in a record store in San Francisco. passed on it, then it was gone.

Since then I think it has been the subject of some dispute. Friends have told me I must have simply seen "Enter The Sisters" and mistaken it for a red/black cover Walk Away 12". But I was already a collector, and I still think I saw it.

Does anyone own one? Can anyone show a photo?

Sorry if the topic's been done, but I couldn't find it.
The great questions of the day will not be
resolved by speeches and majority decisions,
but by iron and blood.
- Otto von Bismarck
stufarq
Popweazle Piddlepoop

I thought I'd either seen or heard of it way back in time but I'm pretty sure everyone's denied its existence since then so maybe it was the boot I saw too.
Any more of that and we'll be round your front door with the quick-setting whitewash and the shaved monkey.
bismarck

Thanks Stu. My same conundrum.

Any one else? Luca, surely you must know the answer... 8)
but by iron and blood.
- Otto von Bismarck
taylor
Slight Overbomber

never seen before, i think that was mistake of the guy that wrote the first internet discography long time ago
Ozpat
From the Lowlands

Maybe one of these days....issued by a Greek fella. ;D
"as we walk on the floodland"
Being645
Above the Chemist

Funny enough, the ultimatesistersguide notes:
Merciful Release/WEA, MR033T, 249245-0, SAM 218, 1984 UK, 12", Flexi
Original cover is red on black, later pressing are silver on black. With flexi disc of Long Train.
I think, this was also just mixing it up with Enter The Sisters, for I seem to remember that we had discussed that at least cursorily without any conclusion ...

Btw, isn't there a 7" without flexi as well?
stufarq
Popweazle Piddlepoop

Being645 wrote:Btw, isn't there a 7" without flexi as well?
The Record Collector Guide listed "some with flexidisc" so it would seem so. (Although they've been known to be wrong.)
bismarck

Thanks Luca and everyone else.

Yes, the Walk Away 12" also came without flexi, for sure. Also the 7" came with and without the flexi.
but by iron and blood.
- Otto von Bismarck
bearskin
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

Since this was the time when I was officially obsessed with the Sisters, I recall that in the UK at least, only the first 5000 copies of the 12" single of Walk Away came with the flexi. I have the flyer that I picked up in our local record shop a couple of weeks in advance of the release, the 12" single with the shrinkwrap still on it - complete with sticker explaining the free flexi, and the flexi itself.
Being645
Above the Chemist

Thanks. I see, this page needs revision .... Only I don't have much time online until Sunday evening ... grrr.

Anyway, I've got plenty pictures already, but still need a decent one of the 12" back cover (with or without flexi) and of the labels of the 12" without flexi. I'm not sure, they are the same as for the one with flexi. Does anybody know?
taylor
Slight Overbomber

Being645
Above the Chemist

What a pretty page! Thanks for the link ... :D ...
Being645
Above the Chemist

bismarck wrote:Does this really exist?

I swear I saw one for sale in the late '80s in a record store in San Francisco. passed on it, then it was gone.

Since then I think it has been the subject of some dispute. Friends have told me I must have simply seen "Enter The Sisters" and mistaken it for a red/black cover Walk Away 12". But I was already a collector, and I still think I saw it.

Does anyone own one? Can anyone show a photo?

Sorry if the topic's been done, but I couldn't find it.
Apart from Enter The Sisters, there is also Tune in... Turn Off... Burn Out... which has the Walk Away Logo in red, btw ...
Hakan
Road Kill

As far as I can remeber, the 12" Walk Away promotional copy have black and red Electra cover, with red lyric sheet with the Merciful Release logo in black.
[/img]
bismarck

Yes, it's weird that I'm resurrecting this thread after so many years, still wondering about that red cover Walk Away 12".
Being645 wrote:Apart from Enter The Sisters, there is also Tune in... Turn Off... Burn Out... which has the Walk Away Logo in red, btw ...
Thank you for that info. In all likelihood I saw one of those two bootlegs (Enter... or Tune In...) and mistook it for a red-cover Walk Away 12". But in conversation with another record wonk just today, the subject came up again... he too swears he's seen a red-cover Walk Away 12".

Anybody ever find one?
but by iron and blood.
- Otto von Bismarck
Victim of Circumstance
Slight Overbomber

No news here, I think ... :|
Kommt Zeit,
kommt Rat,
kommt Attentat.
bismarck

OK, thanks for replying...

It's odd, I guess this really must be a myth.
but by iron and blood.
- Otto von Bismarck