Acetates And Testpressings

Have you established a good reputation at HL and got some Sisters stuff to sell or trade with the community? Or are you searching for that elusive ultra rare live bootleg from 1988? Ever had a bad experience with a trader on Ebay? Let us all know here. Outdated threads will be purged over time.

Warning: Newcomers posting here first will be treated like spammers. At least have the courtesy to say hello in General Chat first...
Being645
Above the Chemist

Hi,

I've created a new catagory in the SistersWiki, i.e. Acetates And Testpressings...

There's not yet much written in there or in the according pages. And also there is not all that much known about these items.

Therefore, please ... if any of you have anything to contribute in information or pictures, this were extremely welcome.

Enjoy, however, what you might find in there so far ... :wink: ...
Randall Flagg
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

Being645 wrote:Hi,

I've created a new catagory in the SistersWiki, i.e. Acetates And Testpressings...

There's not yet much written in there or in the according pages. And also there is not all that much known about these items.

Therefore, please ... if any of you have anything to contribute in information or pictures, this were extremely welcome.

no idea what the hell the BE acetate is but it is not original, digital mastering was in its infancy during the early 80's!

Flagg
Being645
Above the Chemist

Randall Flagg wrote:
Being645 wrote:Hi,

no idea what the hell the BE acetate is but it is not original, digital mastering was in its infancy during the early 80's!

Flagg
:eek: ... true ... let's hope that after all they are not from Greece at least ... :lol: ...
Victim of Circumstance
Slight Overbomber

No, the BE acetate is from Germany as far as I know. It's a limited series of 15 pieces made. A similar item exists for the Flood 2 7" bootleg with the no. of copies (acetates) from the latter being less than 15 (c. 6-10). These items are bootlegs and not acetates of official releases :wink:
Kommt Zeit,
kommt Rat,
kommt Attentat.
Pista
Cureboi

Being645 wrote:
:eek: ... true ... let's hope that after all they are not from Greece at least ... :lol: ...
They need to have booklets, postcards & a random "#/50 copies" scrawled on the cover to qualify as genuine Greek mega rare issues.

:innocent:
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
Randall Flagg
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

Pista wrote:
Being645 wrote:
They need to have booklets, postcards & a random "#/50 copies" scrawled on the cover to qualify as genuine Greek mega rare issues.

:D that's true, plus of course refuse to ship to Greece as well!!
Being645
Above the Chemist

... :lol: ...

So ok, I've revised the Body Electric Acetate side now ... :D ...
Pista
Cureboi

Randall Flagg wrote:
Pista wrote:
Being645 wrote:

:D that's true, plus of course refuse to ship to Greece as well!!
:lol: :lol:
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
robertzombie
Overbomber

There are images of the damage done acetates on here somewhere
Being645
Above the Chemist

robertzombie wrote:There are images of the damage done acetates on here somewhere
There are, and with the invoice even ... and I have sucked them all down to my HD ... :twisted: ...

Oh hell, the whole Damage Done is a big stone in my stomach ... since I never seem to get it done ... :innocent: ...

And is it any wonder ... all those pages ... The Damage Done original, The Damage Done Fake, The Damage Done 2009 Reissue (Australian or whatever), The Damage Done Primary in violet or blue, Damage Done PLUS 2, The Damage Is Done in blue and brown and the box set ...

I WILL get to it ... Yes, I will ... Image ... the holy grail ... Image ... how could I not ...
Pista
Cureboi

First time I saw these pages.
Looking nice.
:D
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
Being645
Above the Chemist

Pista wrote:First time I saw these pages.
Looking nice.
Far from complete yet, though ...
Pista
Cureboi

Being645 wrote:
Pista wrote:First time I saw these pages.
Looking nice.
Far from complete yet, though ...
Hey, you have to start somewhere :wink:
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
cardoman
Slight Overbomber

Being645 wrote:
robertzombie wrote:There are images of the damage done acetates on here somewhere
There are, and with the invoice even ... and I have sucked them all down to my HD ... :twisted: ...

Oh hell, the whole Damage Done is a big stone in my stomach ... since I never seem to get it done ... :innocent: ...

And is it any wonder ... all those pages ... The Damage Done original, The Damage Done Fake, The Damage Done 2009 Reissue (Australian or whatever), The Damage Done Primary in violet or blue, Damage Done PLUS 2, The Damage Is Done in blue and brown and the box set ...

I WILL get to it ... Yes, I will ... Image ... the holy grail ... Image ... how could I not ...
box set? Wea box?
Was it Alice or our daughter Ellice???
Victim of Circumstance
Slight Overbomber

The Damage Done bootleg lp box set limited to 20 copies :wink:
Kommt Zeit,
kommt Rat,
kommt Attentat.
Being645
Above the Chemist

Victim of Circumstance wrote:The Damage Is Done bootleg lp box set limited to 20 copies :wink:
... :wink: ...

http://www.discogs.com/Sisters-Of-Mercy ... se/1639294
cardoman
Slight Overbomber

Victim of Circumstance wrote:The Damage Done bootleg lp box set limited to 20 copies :wink:
I see, I was not awere of this...
Was it Alice or our daughter Ellice???
peggen
Road Kill

Victim of Circumstance wrote:No, the BE acetate is from Germany as far as I know. It's a limited series of 15 pieces made. A similar item exists for the Flood 2 7" bootleg with the no. of copies (acetates) from the latter being less than 15 (c. 6-10). These items are bootlegs and not acetates of official releases :wink:
The BE acetate did exist in the late 80s at least. Take a look in this thread and read the comments: http://www.myheartland.co.uk/viewtopic. ... highlight=
Victim of Circumstance
Slight Overbomber

peggen wrote:
Victim of Circumstance wrote:No, the BE acetate is from Germany as far as I know. It's a limited series of 15 pieces made. A similar item exists for the Flood 2 7" bootleg with the no. of copies (acetates) from the latter being less than 15 (c. 6-10). These items are bootlegs and not acetates of official releases :wink:
The BE acetate did exist in the late 80s at least. Take a look in this thread and read the comments: http://www.myheartland.co.uk/viewtopic. ... highlight=
Yes, I know. However, I'm talking of a different item here. I did not mean the acetate of the official BE 7"'release, but of a limited acetate release of a bootleg. Hence, also more a bootleg than an acetate. I hope, this makes it clear :wink:
Kommt Zeit,
kommt Rat,
kommt Attentat.
Being645
Above the Chemist

Victim of Circumstance wrote:
peggen wrote:
Yes, I know. However, I'm talking of a different item here. I did not mean the acetate of the official BE 7"'release, but of a limited acetate release of a bootleg. Hence, also more a bootleg than an acetate. I hope, this makes it clear :wink:
And so it is noted in the SistersWiki ... :D ...
bismarck
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Body Electric original Test Pressing.

Damage

Temple 12

The great questions of the day will not be
resolved by speeches and majority decisions,
but by iron and blood.
- Otto von Bismarck
Being645
Above the Chemist

Oh, wow ... thank you for the pictures!!! ... :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: ...
bismarck
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Sure thing. I'll post the rest when I can scan them.
The great questions of the day will not be
resolved by speeches and majority decisions,
but by iron and blood.
- Otto von Bismarck
Being645
Above the Chemist

Oh hell, that's the thread ... Image ... :lol: ;D ...