Cryptic Flowers Red Multicolor Splat

Have you established a good reputation at HL and got some Sisters stuff to sell or trade with the community? Or are you searching for that elusive ultra rare live bootleg from 1988? Ever had a bad experience with a trader on Ebay? Let us all know here. Outdated threads will be purged over time.

Warning: Newcomers posting here first will be treated like spammers. At least have the courtesy to say hello in General Chat first...
Post Reply
User avatar
Elon
Road Kill
Posts: 48
Joined: 17 Dec 2014, 14:19

Hi guys

I have a question regarding the Cryptic in red multic splat version, which usually comes with a black and white sleeve
i realized the vinyl inside my copy is actually Possession LP1
two other friends checked and they realized the same: the vinyl inside is not Cryptic but Possession LP1..
so i am wondering whether it is actually the case for all? Does the Red Multic Splat Cryptic exist? Or all of them are actually the wrong vinyl in a Cryptic sleeve?

Your help would be appreciated

PS-this is the record I am talking about:
https://sisterswiki.org/File:Cryptic_Fl ... _Vinyl.jpg
User avatar
Being645
Above the Chemist
Posts: 12826
Joined: 09 Apr 2009, 12:54
Location: reconstruction status: 71%

Interesting question ... :D ... only the expert elite is apparently and as a matter of fact no longer participating in this forum, so there is hardly any chance you receive an answer unless you are on f***book and join their closed shop.

Good luck at that and best
User avatar
BigPhil
Amphetamine Filth
Posts: 120
Joined: 13 Sep 2008, 10:19
Location: PROWY

Being645 wrote:... unless you are on f***book and join their closed shop.
I thought they let any old bugger into their shop :eek:
User avatar
Being645
Above the Chemist
Posts: 12826
Joined: 09 Apr 2009, 12:54
Location: reconstruction status: 71%

BigPhil wrote:
Being645 wrote:... unless you are on f***book and join their closed shop.
I thought they let any old bugger into their shop :eek:
Heaven knows. You cannot look into it from the outside.
User avatar
Pista
Cureboi
Posts: 14879
Joined: 25 Jun 2006, 15:03
Location: Lost In A Forest
Contact:

It's probably a stuff up at the pressing facility
The red splatter vinyls for Cryptic Flowers & Possession are practically identical.
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
User avatar
TheBoyNextDoor
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth
Posts: 861
Joined: 04 Sep 2004, 13:11
Location: Sweden
Contact:

Remembering a friend experienced this as well, we just thought that it had been a mix up at the record store..
User avatar
markfiend
goriller of form 3b
Posts: 20500
Joined: 11 Nov 2003, 10:55
Location: st custards
Contact:

Being645 wrote:...unless you are on f***book and join their closed shop...
And remember folks, here at myheartland we don't sell your personal data to advertisers!
advanced, forthright, signifficant
User avatar
ribbons69
Slight Overbomber
Posts: 1292
Joined: 24 Jan 2009, 12:57
Location: Kirkby in Ashfield,England

Being645 wrote:Interesting question ... :D ... only the expert elite is apparently and as a matter of fact no longer participating in this forum, so there is hardly any chance you receive an answer unless you are on f***book and join their closed shop.

Good luck at that and best
I know your aversion to social media but why not create a new e mail address and create a Facebook account in an assumed name? Fake details etc. A friend of mine lists his address as "The Botswana Meat Commission " and his birthdate as 31/1/1900
Facebooks algorithmic masters do not need you to be factual,just to tick the right boxes.
"I've seen Andrew Eldritch in an ice hockey shirt onstage, and I've given him the benefit of the doubt"
Tom G Warrior of Celtic Frost




we fall to rise
User avatar
Being645
Above the Chemist
Posts: 12826
Joined: 09 Apr 2009, 12:54
Location: reconstruction status: 71%

ribbons69 wrote:
Being645 wrote:Interesting question ... :D ... only the expert elite is apparently and as a matter of fact no longer participating in this forum, so there is hardly any chance you receive an answer unless you are on f***book and join their closed shop.

Good luck at that and best
I know your aversion to social media but why not create a new e mail address and create a Facebook account in an assumed name? Fake details etc. A friend of mine lists his address as "The Botswana Meat Commission " and his birthdate as 31/1/1900
Facebooks algorithmic masters do not need you to be factual,just to tick the right boxes.
Nice, only that it's not done with some fake name and address, afaik. They follow you - everywhere - nonetheless, and by your own devices.
In addition and maybe more importantly, I'm obviously very, very, very antisocial measured by their standards, so f**k off ... (* not you, dear ribbons69, of course !!!).
User avatar
Being645
Above the Chemist
Posts: 12826
Joined: 09 Apr 2009, 12:54
Location: reconstruction status: 71%

Back to the topic:
Elon wrote:Hi guys

I have a question regarding the Cryptic in red multic splat version, which usually comes with a black and white sleeve
i realized the vinyl inside my copy is actually Possession LP1
two other friends checked and they realized the same: the vinyl inside is not Cryptic but Possession LP1..
so i am wondering whether it is actually the case for all? Does the Red Multic Splat Cryptic exist? Or all of them are actually the wrong vinyl in a Cryptic sleeve?

Your help would be appreciated

PS-this is the record I am talking about:
https://sisterswiki.org/File:Cryptic_Fl ... _Vinyl.jpg
Interesting is also the fact that the Possession LPs are not known to come on red splattered mc vinyl! So that is at least something relatively rare ... :lol: ...
Do you have a photo of it? And are there any run-out inscriptions? ... :?: ... We should integrate that into the SistersWiki.

http://preview.tinyurl.com/y78e5hsg ...
User avatar
Pista
Cureboi
Posts: 14879
Joined: 25 Jun 2006, 15:03
Location: Lost In A Forest
Contact:

Being645 wrote:
Interesting is also the fact that the Possession LPs are not known to come on red splattered mc vinyl!
Ah, but there was a limited number on that coloured vinyl. ;)
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
User avatar
Being645
Above the Chemist
Posts: 12826
Joined: 09 Apr 2009, 12:54
Location: reconstruction status: 71%

Pista wrote:
Being645 wrote:
Interesting is also the fact that the Possession LPs are not known to come on red splattered mc vinyl!
Ah, but there was a limited number on that coloured vinyl. ;)
Ah, cool ... :notworthy: ... and I see, it's even noted in a short remark in the SistersWiki ... gotta extend that.
Good to see, that discogs is improving all the time ... :D ... Thank you for the hint! ...
User avatar
Elon
Road Kill
Posts: 48
Joined: 17 Dec 2014, 14:19

Being645 wrote:
Pista wrote:
Being645 wrote:
Interesting is also the fact that the Possession LPs are not known to come on red splattered mc vinyl!
Ah, but there was a limited number on that coloured vinyl. ;)
Ah, cool ... :notworthy: ... and I see, it's even noted in a short remark in the SistersWiki ... gotta extend that.
Good to see, that discogs is improving all the time ... :D ... Thank you for the hint! ...
i got the possession red + black and the disc is exactly the same as the one in the cryptic sleeve, same color and same runouts: MERCY A/MERCY B

the two vinyls are identical

question is whether anybody does have a red splat cryptic vinyl, or it doesn't exist and all the ones are actually possession in the wrong sleeve....
User avatar
visionthing
Road Kill
Posts: 28
Joined: 18 Jun 2006, 22:36
Location: Germany
Contact:

Hi,
found this discussion just after adding a new topic with nearly the same problem.
I've got a Cryptic Flowers with yellow vinyl in a light blue cover with "coloured vinyl" sticker and noticed that it is Possession LP 1.
Now I wonder if all yellow Cryptic Flowers are Possession LPs?

https://sisterswiki.org/File:Cryptic_Fl ... _Vinyl.jpg
Psy
Road Kill
Posts: 12
Joined: 14 Mar 2007, 09:50

visionthing wrote:Hi,
found this discussion just after adding a new topic with nearly the same problem.
I've got a Cryptic Flowers with yellow vinyl in a light blue cover with "coloured vinyl" sticker and noticed that it is Possession LP 1.
Now I wonder if all yellow Cryptic Flowers are Possession LPs?

https://sisterswiki.org/File:Cryptic_Fl ... _Vinyl.jpg
Well, mine is at least.
User avatar
Being645
Above the Chemist
Posts: 12826
Joined: 09 Apr 2009, 12:54
Location: reconstruction status: 71%

Psy wrote:
visionthing wrote:Hi,
found this discussion just after adding a new topic with nearly the same problem.
I've got a Cryptic Flowers with yellow vinyl in a light blue cover with "coloured vinyl" sticker and noticed that it is Possession LP 1.
Now I wonder if all yellow Cryptic Flowers are Possession LPs?

https://sisterswiki.org/File:Cryptic_Fl ... _Vinyl.jpg
Well, mine is at least.
:eek: ... OK, that's already two reasons to note it as a warning in the SistersWiki ... not now, but pretty soon, promised.
User avatar
Elon
Road Kill
Posts: 48
Joined: 17 Dec 2014, 14:19

Same here, my yellow Cryptic is also Possession LP1.... Wonder about the other Cryptic colors... blue etc. Are they also Possession? Can someone check?
User avatar
visionthing
Road Kill
Posts: 28
Joined: 18 Jun 2006, 22:36
Location: Germany
Contact:

My white splat Cryptic Flowers is a "real" Cryptic Flowers
User avatar
Dr Avalanche
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth
Posts: 403
Joined: 15 Jul 2004, 18:00

I bought my 'Cryptic Flowers' (with 'coloured vinyl' sticker) as a second hand album while on vacation in 2000 in Uzès in France.

Its clear red vinyl and also to my surprise when I got home it was the Paradiso concert from 1983.
Matrix is Mercy A + B as well.

I always thought it was a mix-up of the recordshop.

But its odd, isnt it? I wonder if there's any real 'Cryptic Flowers' bootlegs out there?
Can anyone confirm?
Tuned in, Turned On, Burned Out....
User avatar
Silence is platinum
Slight Overbomber
Posts: 1209
Joined: 11 May 2003, 19:15
Location: At the end of the pier

Only the black vinyl of Cryptic Flowers has the correct gig mentioned on the back sleeve, all other colours have the first side of the "possesion" boot.
User avatar
Being645
Above the Chemist
Posts: 12826
Joined: 09 Apr 2009, 12:54
Location: reconstruction status: 71%

Silence is platinum wrote:Only the black vinyl of Cryptic Flowers has the correct gig mentioned on the back sleeve, all other colours have the first side of the "possesion" boot.
Really? :eek: :eek: :eek: ... all those lovely colours are "only" Possession***? ... :lol: ...

https://sisterswiki.org/Cryptic_Flowers ... l_Pictures


*** :( :urff: ... hell, I gotta revise that page as well again ... the torture never stops ... :lol: ..
User avatar
Dr Avalanche
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth
Posts: 403
Joined: 15 Jul 2004, 18:00

I want my money back!!! :p
Tuned in, Turned On, Burned Out....
User avatar
Dr Avalanche
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth
Posts: 403
Joined: 15 Jul 2004, 18:00

Or I'll sell it the 27th in Paradiso next to the merchandisestand... :D
Tuned in, Turned On, Burned Out....
Post Reply