I wonder if Andrew drives? And does he have any cool cars?

Unknown songs and demos, who wrote what, who sang what, the usual biographies, discography gubbins, photos of Eldritch with no sunglasses, etc, etc, etc, yadda, yadda, yadda....
CamilleDeville
Road Kill

Or does he live where everything is in walking distance? Celebrities here in the US seem to collect a huge amount of cars. I really wanted to bid on this classic when it was at $5,000, even tho I don’t have the money, I was going to figure that out later lol. I think Ben would look good in this if it was black with flames down the side 8) https://www.ebay.com/itm/274483979960
Is you is or is you a’int, an LSU Tigers fan?
Geaux Tigahs!
Scardwel
Slight Overbomber

He had a Merc for a while.
CamilleDeville
Road Kill

Scardwel wrote: 06 Sep 2020, 18:42 He had a Merc for a while.
Was it one from the ‘70s, or was it it a Mercury Grand Ma(rquis) :P . I actually had a ‘96 Grand Ma car when it was popular to have one, it was deep purple and a half a mile long, easy to find in a parking lot
Geaux Tigahs!
Scardwel
Slight Overbomber

CamilleDeville wrote: 06 Sep 2020, 19:04 Was it one from the ‘70s, or was it it a Mercury Grand Ma(rquis) :P . I actually had a ‘96 Grand Ma car when it was popular to have one, it was deep purple and a half a mile long, easy to find in a parking lot
It was a modern one. Early 90s I think. He called it the "sensible Mercedes Benz" during an interview. I'm sure someone knows the exact model.
CamilleDeville
Road Kill

@Scardwel ahhhh...ok, everyone here calls a Mercury a ‘merc, but a Mercedes is definitely sensible although boring lol. Thanks, I was just curious
Geaux Tigahs!
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

Mid 2000s I saw him pottering around north leeds in what looks very much like a white ford courier van (google it...)

I guess it may have been a rental - he was on his way to collect some PA gear he was borrowing from a friend, shortly before a sisters tour.

It was one of the least rock and roll things I’ve ever seen 😂
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

And yeah, back in the day when expensive cars were out of most ordinary people’s reach, he did claim he’d bought a Merc from his WEA royalties (iirc)

Am sure that one has long since turned to a heap of rust through.

He’s always seemed to have lived fairly “lite” though, and collecting cars would be very unlike him.
CamilleDeville
Road Kill

That’s very un-rocker style 😂 but I guess he is a practical person, can’t expect him to drive a black hearse around (I actually have a friend that does). I relate to living lite, but if I had the money I’d be driving a muscle car for sure
Geaux Tigahs!
Afflikönig
Amphetamine Filth

CamilleDeville wrote: 06 Sep 2020, 19:18 sensible although boring lol.
:(
CamilleDeville
Road Kill

@Afflikönig Sure, German Ingenuity is a fine thing but the typical Mercedes around my area doesn’t grab my attention like a 1971 Hemi ‘Cuda, or say the Monkee mobile would
Geaux Tigahs!
Icon
Amphetamine Filth

Even in the early nineties a Mercedes wasn‘t THAT expensive in Germany. I don‘t think it was ever such a luxury symbol as in some other countries. Somewhere on the official website I read some time ago that he offered it for sale. I think there was mentioned he was driving a Nissan Petrol „now“ - which was probably in the early 2000s when he was still bothering with updating the website. Who knows what he drives now, if any. Since he‘s alledgedly living in Antwerp now, it‘s probably easier to use public transport.
I still think that he isn‘t that rich to afford any luxury cars, let alone collecting them.
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

Icon wrote: 08 Sep 2020, 09:51 Even in the early nineties a Mercedes wasn‘t THAT expensive in Germany. I don‘t think it was ever such a luxury symbol as in some other countries. Somewhere on the official website I read some time ago that he offered it for sale. I think there was mentioned he was driving a Nissan Petrol „now“ - which was probably in the early 2000s when he was still bothering with updating the website. Who knows what he drives now, if any. Since he‘s alledgedly living in Antwerp now, it‘s probably easier to use public transport.
I still think that he isn‘t that rich to afford any luxury cars, let alone collecting them.
yep, i'd agree with that
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed

Quiff Boy wrote: 06 Sep 2020, 19:28 And yeah, back in the day when expensive cars were out of most ordinary people’s reach, he did claim he’d bought a Merc from his WEA royalties (iirc)
i vaguely recall reading that it was the one in the Dominion video; however as that was filmed in Jordan it seems unlikely.
Well I was handsome and I was strong
And I knew the words to every song.
"Did my singing please you?"
"No! The words you sang were wrong!"

:bat:
Swinnow
Overbomber

Yeah, in many countries over on the mainland the Merc was viewed as a taxi rather than an upmarket saloon, as in dear old Blighty.
....if I have to explain, then you'll never understand....
Swinnow
Overbomber

Also, in 'north' Leeds the Ford Courier, or baby Transit, holds no shame. You should have seen some of the wrecks we drove about in. A yellow Renault 4 and a lilac Ford Fiesta were regular means to get to 80's gigs across the M62 corridor.
....if I have to explain, then you'll never understand....
CamilleDeville
Road Kill

I looked up the Rinault 4, I think it’s kinda cute. I drove a big honkin’ 1976 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme in high school. I could accidentally bump cars trying to fit it in a parking space. Wish I still had it
Geaux Tigahs!
Bonksi
Amphetamine Filth

Swinnow wrote: 08 Sep 2020, 18:17 Also, in 'north' Leeds the Ford Courier, or baby Transit, holds no shame. You should have seen some of the wrecks we drove about in. A yellow Renault 4 and a lilac Ford Fiesta were regular means to get to 80's gigs across the M62 corridor.
I had a hand painted yellow Renault 4. I did a few gigs in that too, even working 6 - 2 shift I would turn up at work giggling, so much fun to drive. The best 50 quid car I ever had.
Robson
Amphetamine Filth

Andrew said : 8 litre V10 Dodge Viper. Okay, strictly speaking this isn't exactly mine, but hey... One of the world's most impractical cars: the handbrake is a bastard, the roof leaks, the electronics are dodgy, it jumps at bumps and tramlines at the slightest hint of a rut. I wouldn't dream of cornering it in the wet. On the other hand, this black one is the best looking car ever and it's frighteningly fast in the right conditions. It goes round corners like a plank in a rail-gun (until, I suspect, the tyres just lose it) and the acceleration makes you laugh out loud. A gorgeous summer day, Gary Glitter on the stereo, and Life Is Good. In a very dangerous kind of way.

For sale: F registered Mercedes 230E, white, automatic, two previous owners. Answers to the name "Enterprise". One scuffed bumper and a slight dent in one back door. No phaser damage.
He also mentioned the Nissan Patrol somewhere.
(the last official sisters pic does seem to have a merc in the background also but that's a slight case of ridiculous overspotting :P )
- since 1992 -
CamilleDeville
Road Kill

“Goes around corners like a plank in a rail-gun” :lol: It’s a very cool car, even with some glitches
Geaux Tigahs!
Nyth Grandbeard
Road Kill

Wait, you mean to tell me he's not driving around in the Monkeemobile anymore?! :? :?
:von: Check out my Comic series: https://unhingedcomic.com/ :von:
Electrochrome
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

Nyth Grandbeard wrote: 02 Dec 2020, 19:10 Wait, you mean to tell me he's not driving around in the Monkeemobile anymore?! :? :?
Ha! Was going to say, this is a great page about that: https://www.robertwebb.com/som.htm

What was the story with the Viper? Did that belong to the corporation and not him personally?
"Consistency is the sign of a decaying brain"
Deviancy
Amphetamine Filth

Icon wrote: 08 Sep 2020, 09:51 I still think that he isn‘t that rich to afford any luxury cars, let alone collecting them.
Numerous sites that track data about celebs, they all pretty much say the same about his net worth, which is roughly 3-5 million.

Not too shabby for a guy who hasn't really done a whole hell of a lot in 30 years.
Being645
Above the Chemist

Maybe, you just want to take a short look from around here ...
can well be Motörhead toured more, but then they surely were xxx-xxx million ... all thrown into a slot machine in LA ... lol ...
Esoterica
Road Kill

Does he drive, or is he driven…. The strangest car I ever saw him in was the one in the “Black Planet” video! He doesn’t strike me as a car-collecting Jay Leno type, by any means.
eotunun
Overbomber

I think it was in some Glasperlenspiel edition that I read Andrew had been seen in a Triumph TR7 quite a bit.
Around the Silver Bullet Tour days, a silver Ford Focus was seen in pictures with him next to it a couple of times. Presumably his.
It looks like Andrew does fancy flamboyant cars but is unwilling to shell out the money for them.
There is shadow under this red rock