Which record/LP could this be???

Unknown songs and demos, who wrote what, who sang what, the usual biographies, discography gubbins, photos of Eldritch with no sunglasses, etc, etc, etc, yadda, yadda, yadda....
BeeBeeOh
Amphetamine Filth

About 15-18 yrs ago I had a tape which was copied for me from vinyl in an obscure record shop in Budapest. (I didn't have the money to buy the original). The owner said it was a "pirate" recording or compilation, I can't quite remember.

It had a version of Body Electric, on which, by way of introduction, Andrew says: "This song is not Electric Body, it's actually called Body Electric". I think it contained Emma and Jolene too, among many other songs of course. Does anybody know the title of the album/LP? And where I can find it?
I have just as much of a dark side as the next person.
paint it black
Black, black, black & even blacker

that's actually John Peel who says that 8) can't remember LP title @ work
Goths have feelings too
BeeBeeOh
Amphetamine Filth

paint it black wrote:that's actually John Peel who says that 8) can't remember LP title @ work
Aww, how disappointing. :? So is that a tv-recording then?
radiojamaica
Overbomber

BeeBeeOh wrote:
paint it black wrote:that's actually John Peel who says that 8) can't remember LP title @ work
Aww, how disappointing. :? So is that a tv-recording then?
Nope, it's a recording from Peel's radio show on the BBC. He plays the Body Electric 7" and introduces the song like that.

I got that version on 2 bootleg vinyl compilations:

this one: http://www.sistersbootlegs.de/lps/demos.htm
that one: http://www.sistersbootlegs.de/lps/histo ... sters1.htm

It might be on other LP's too though...
in dub we trust
BeeBeeOh
Amphetamine Filth

So, I searched my old stuff and found the tape!!!

The title says: The Incredible History of the Sisters

Do you know if it's available for download or on CD?

Poison Door
This Corrosion
Dance On Glass
Body Electric
Watch
Alice
Rock and a Hard Place
Burn
Anaconda
After Hour
Adrenochrome
Black Planet
Heartland
Lucretia
Jolene
Marian
No Time to Cry
Valentine
Dominion
Being645
Above the Chemist

BeeBeeOh
Amphetamine Filth

Oh lovely, thank you. :) I guess I have Vol. I. and II on that tape.
Dan
Overbomber

radiojamaica wrote:Nope, it's a recording from Peel's radio show on the BBC. He plays the Body Electric 7" and introduces the song like that.
I remember comparing it with the 7" and it's not the same recording. Most noticeable was a small bit of feedback somewhere in the track that's not in the 7" version, so presumably Peel was sent an acetate of an earlier mix or something.
radiojamaica
Overbomber

Dan wrote:
radiojamaica wrote:Nope, it's a recording from Peel's radio show on the BBC. He plays the Body Electric 7" and introduces the song like that.
I remember comparing it with the 7" and it's not the same recording. Most noticeable was a small bit of feedback somewhere in the track that's not in the 7" version, so presumably Peel was sent an acetate of an earlier mix or something.
I stand corrected!
in dub we trust
Dan
Overbomber

Dan wrote:
Further information. The "Electric Body" version of Body Electric from the John Peel show is the same version as track 6 on the Kenny Giles CD.
Presumably Peel was sent an acetate.
paint it black
Black, black, black & even blacker

Dan wrote:
Dan wrote:
Further information. The "Electric Body" version of Body Electric from the John Peel show is the same version as track 6 on the Kenny Giles CD.
Presumably Peel was sent an acetate.
fairly certain it was a tape, but yes, an earlier version. *

* i think i have the unedited 'off radio' version of what appeared on record somewhere in the boxes of stuff
Goths have feelings too
Dan
Overbomber

paint it black wrote:* i think i have the unedited 'off radio' version of what appeared on record somewhere in the boxes of stuff
Don't we already have that, unless you mean yours has more Peel talking (or the segue into the next song) after the record ends?