Bug reports, quirks and other broken stuff

For you to give feedback to the Heartland moderators. Wish lists, fault reports, etc. You may get an answer, you may not. As in all things, it largely depends on how nicely you ask the people in charge... You're welcome.
sam donut
Some Kind of Donut

Bit of a weird one this, but in the last couple of hours I've submitted a couple of posts that have just not appeared, so I've reposted. Also I'm sure a :von: moved from the end of a post to the beginning, but I couldn't swear to that.

(It could be something my end, but just wondering)

Also, is it in any way possible to make the description under each forum (General/Sisters/Trading etc) minimizable on a phone? Obvs it's not really a problem, but would save a bit of scrolling to see if anyone's posted in Sisters 2020 😂
Pista
Cureboi

sam donut wrote: ↑21 Aug 2020, 18:09 Bit of a weird one this, but in the last couple of hours I've submitted a couple of posts that have just not appeared, so I've reposted. Also I'm sure a :von: moved from the end of a post to the beginning, but I couldn't swear to that.

Also, is it in any way possible to make the description under each forum (General/Sisters/Trading etc) minimizable on a phone? Obvs it's not really a problem, but would save a bit of scrolling to see if anyone's posted in Sisters 2020 😂
Not sure about the moving smily but you can minimise the different board categories (not the descriptions) which will reduce scrolling.
If you tap the category bar (general, Sisters, etc.) it'll hide all other categories at least :)
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
sam donut
Some Kind of Donut

Pista wrote: ↑21 Aug 2020, 18:17
sam donut wrote: ↑21 Aug 2020, 18:09 Bit of a weird one this, but in the last couple of hours I've submitted a couple of posts that have just not appeared, so I've reposted. Also I'm sure a :von: moved from the end of a post to the beginning, but I couldn't swear to that.

Not sure about the moving smily but you can minimise the different board categories (not the descriptions) which will reduce scrolling.
If you tap the category bar (general, Sisters, etc.) it'll hide all other categories at least :)
Ah, no worries. I mean it literally only takes me a fraction of a second to scroll down the board descriptions or not 😁
Gothicbiff
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

I've probably done something stupid to cause this, but my signature doesn't appear on my posts anymore. Any idea how I fix it??
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

Gothicbiff wrote: ↑03 Oct 2020, 22:04 I've probably done something stupid to cause this, but my signature doesn't appear on my posts anymore. Any idea how I fix it??
That is strange.

Nothing obvious on your profile settings.

I know there’s a thing where some forums dont show sigs for standard users (ie non mods) - could you try posting in one of the general threads ans see if it works there?

It might also be a checkbox under the editor window though, in a section called options - it should says “attach a signature” and should be ticked.
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
Gothicbiff

Thanks Quiff Boy :D

Tried the Editor box, hadn'tnoticedthat before....hopefully it has worked
I have seen The Sisters at The Paradiso. I will die happy
With massive thanks to Ruffers for his company and help.
A girl is never too old to wear a Sisters tshirt!
Gothicbiff

Et Voila....
I knew it was me missing something :roll:
I have seen The Sisters at The Paradiso. I will die happy
With massive thanks to Ruffers for his company and help.
A girl is never too old to wear a Sisters tshirt!
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

Phew 😅👍
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Twitter embeds frequently don't embed and just end up looking like this:
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

hmmm, yeah i've seen that too

from what i can tell, its usually down to one of 2 things:

1) twitter javascript not loading/triggering (a refresh sorts it); or
2) browser script blocking (i use brave browser which blocks embedded tweets by default, so i had to turn blocking off for browsing heartland)
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Quiff Boy wrote: ↑18 Jan 2021, 15:51 2) browser script blocking (i use brave browser which blocks embedded tweets by default, so i had to turn blocking off for browsing heartland)
:oops: yes it's that :lol:
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

:D

that's a relief tbh
Being645
Above the Chemist

Btw, what has become of that lovely Heartland Image Gallery? ... :) ...
Pista
Cureboi

A heads up.
For anyone thinking of updating their profile (email, password etc) please hold fire for now.
There is a problem with the forum's email system at the moment that will be looked at presently.
Currently, no conformation messages are being sent out for profile changes, new registrations, PMs & so on.
For any new member registrations, until the problem's been remedied, please hang in there & hopefully those emails will start up again soon & normal service will be resumed.
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

Right, I think we've solved this issue now so the server is able to send emails again - this means that registrations and account email & password updates should all be working ok, as should notifications about new PMs and thread subscriptions.

There's a small backlog of new and updated accounts to get back up and running, but if you are having any issues getting on the forum (or know someone that is) feel free to direct them to us via one of the social media outlets and the lovely folks who help run those will pass the details on:

https://twitter.com/heartlandforum
http://www.facebook.com/groups/myheartland/

Thanks for your patience.
Being645
Above the Chemist

Hurrah!!! Eventually!!! NOW I receive email notifications again ... :notworthy: :bat: :notworthy: ...