a thought-suggestion-kind request to the Mods

For you to give feedback to the Heartland moderators. Wish lists, fault reports, etc. You may get an answer, you may not. As in all things, it largely depends on how nicely you ask the people in charge... You're welcome.
_emma_
Overbomber

Wouldn't it be very convenient if each thread name in the US 2008 section started with the date of the gig, like in the joke of the day section - for example:

19 Nov 2008- BlahBlah City - BlahBlah Venue

I mean, as a poor Eastern European I'm already green with envy more than enough, so I'd rather stick to reading the post-gig thoughts only and skip the pre-gig excitement including arregements of meet-ups, hopes and dreams of new setlists etc... I don't know the order of the American gigs and their exact dates by heart, so such a thing would be very convenient for me.
I know there's the sticky with the pre-gig and post-gig threads, but I have an impression that it may become floaty soon (pre-gig and post-gig threads merging into one etc...).
So, if any of you dear Moderators is bored enough to do it, thank you in advance and bin this thread once you've done it. If not, bin it too and I'll survive with looking at a printout of the livenews from the official site hung onto my wall by the screen. :notworthy:
Last edited by _emma_ on 28 Oct 2008, 23:12, edited 2 times in total.
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

i'll pop this in the feedback section and have chat to the mod team about it tomorrow 8)
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

I will probably try to do an index to the tour threads like this for the Europe section of the tour tomorrow if that's any help?
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
_emma_
Overbomber

Just edited my post - about the sticky thread - I know there is one, but when I open HL at work and only have 10 minutes to browse through it, it would be much much easier if a given thread's name started with respective date, if you know what I mean....

Ah well... don't I ask for too much? :lol:
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Oh I see what you mean. Maybe, if I have time tomorrow, I'll try and edit some of them.

Boss what do you think of shifting the Europe 09 gigs into the North America 08 forum (I know...) and renaming the forum?
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
Dark
Underneath the Rock

Might be nice to have some of those threads taken out of Sisters Chat..
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

markfiend wrote:Oh I see what you mean. Maybe, if I have time tomorrow, I'll try and edit some of them.

Boss what do you think of shifting the Europe 09 gigs into the North America 08 forum (I know...) and renaming the forum?
aye, sounds sensible.
paint it black
Black, black, black & even blacker

_emma_ has a wise idea, must of been taking lessons from a bloke

slight amend 08 11 XX - blah... that way it should order better as threads die their natural death

the tour is called 'fade to grey' tour nothing to do with hair or aging tee-shirts :innocent: :von:
Goths have feelings too
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Done the European gigs, plus an index. I don't think I missed any?
—Bertrand Russell
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

and i've renamed the area

Sisters 2008/2009 Tour
Gig reviews, set lists, thoughts, comments and observations on the current Sisters tour, including the Autumn/Winter 2008 U.S. and European 2009 legs.

8)
Ozpat
From the Lowlands

Thanks people! :notworthy:
"as we walk on the floodland"
_emma_
Overbomber

Oh my, thank you! :notworthy:
I hope it wasn't just PIB's back-up that caused it to be so fast. :innocent:
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

No, we all ignore him ;)
—Bertrand Russell
Petseri
Overbomber

I wondered too if we should consolidate the tour threads in one area or not, but definitely separated from the Sisters Chat. So, if they end up in one forum, one index or two? Before Mark worked on it, I was planning on doing one for the European gigs anyway (surely no surprises there :oops: ), so amending the North Ameerican one with what Mark started for the European dates is someting I am more than willing to work on.

One question: From previous tours, it has been nice to have separate threads for pre-gig and post-gig posts, one as the build up and the other as a review. So, split threads (for example, the Buffalo one)? The Cologne and Brussels threads already are on page 2, and the concerts are not for another few months!
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

I think the pre-gig and post-gig separation is a good idea. 8)
—Bertrand Russell
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

markfiend wrote:I think the pre-gig and post-gig separation is a good idea. 8)
agreed :)
paint it black
Black, black, black & even blacker

markfiend wrote:No, we all ignore him ;)
I've had my suspicions for sometime that might be the case

oh well
Goths have feelings too
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

paint it black wrote:
markfiend wrote:No, we all ignore him ;)
I've had my suspicions for sometime that might be the case

oh well
You know I'm only kidding :P
—Bertrand Russell
Petseri
Overbomber

Quiff Boy wrote:
markfiend wrote:I think the pre-gig and post-gig separation is a good idea. 8)
agreed :)
More than enough to convince me. :notworthy:

Sadly, some dates do not have any thread yet, which is why I wondered if it was worth maintaining separate ones. I guess that we can have just a post-gig thread if need be. We will cross that bridge when we get to it.