Adware.Tracking Cookies

For you to give feedback to the Heartland moderators. Wish lists, fault reports, etc. You may get an answer, you may not. As in all things, it largely depends on how nicely you ask the people in charge... You're welcome.
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed

has myheartland always given out Tracking Cookies? only i just ran a routine complete scan with SuperAntiSpyware and there were several from here in the list of detected threats. i've never noticed them from here before.
Well I was handsome and I was strong
And I knew the words to every song.
"Did my singing please you?"
"No! The words you sang were wrong!"

:bat:
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

IIRC there's a google analytics cookie, maybe something for facebook and/or twitter, and a cookie for the board software itself. There shouldn't be anything else.

One for the Boss...
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
lazarus corporation
Lord Protector

The cookies called __utma, __utmb, __utmc, __utmt, and __utmz are all Google Analytics cookies (they don't really identify you as an individual, just let QB know how many people are viewing the site, what countries/cities they are from, what browsers they use, what pages they look at, etc)

There are also cookies used by the forum software itself that keep you logged in between visits and during a single visit etc. (heartland_secure_data, heartland_secure_sid, heartland_secure_t)

None of them are dodgy, nor do they track you from site to site or any other such nefarious thing. Utilities such as SuperAntiSpyware can be a little oversensitive at times, and often throw a false positive by default.
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed

thats cool, i trust Barry implicitly anyway (how could anything bad come from Heartland?) i just wondered 'cause i'd never seen it before.

as for oversensitive thats why i use SAS and malwarebytes: as i always use c-cleaner before any malware/adware scans i'm happy for anything not removed by clearing the cache to be picked up.
thanks both.

always
Lee 8)
Well I was handsome and I was strong
And I knew the words to every song.
"Did my singing please you?"
"No! The words you sang were wrong!"

:bat: