How to use Quote, List, Img & other bbcode tags?

For you to give feedback to the Heartland moderators. Wish lists, fault reports, etc. You may get an answer, you may not. As in all things, it largely depends on how nicely you ask the people in charge... You're welcome.
User avatar
lazarus corporation
Lord Protector
Posts: 3419
Joined: 09 May 2004, 17:42
Location: out there on a darkened road
Contact:

scotty wrote:Got a picture for an avatar but it's a "GIF" and not a "JPG" and I can't get it to work..........as an avatar that is :urff: , is there any way I could change it?.

Keith

GIFs should work fine, otherwise you just need to convert it in some image software.
User avatar
scotty
Overbomber
Posts: 4880
Joined: 10 Jun 2005, 23:03
Location: Behind the Door.........

lazarus corporation wrote:
scotty wrote:Got a picture for an avatar but it's a "GIF" and not a "JPG" and I can't get it to work..........as an avatar that is :urff: , is there any way I could change it?.

Keith

GIFs should work fine, otherwise you just need to convert it in some image software.
Ate, correct Paul 8) , the fence I've fallen at is the "avatar must not be more than 35kb" :( , no way round that is there?, mine's is 275kb :urff: , fuckin' lovely it is to :twisted:
Being brave is coming home at 2am half drunk, smelling of perfume, climbing into bed, slapping the wife on the arse and saying,"right fatty, you're next!!"
User avatar
lazarus corporation
Lord Protector
Posts: 3419
Joined: 09 May 2004, 17:42
Location: out there on a darkened road
Contact:

scotty wrote:
lazarus corporation wrote:
scotty wrote:Got a picture for an avatar but it's a "GIF" and not a "JPG" and I can't get it to work..........as an avatar that is :urff: , is there any way I could change it?.

Keith
GIFs should work fine, otherwise you just need to convert it in some image software.
Ate, correct Paul 8) , the fence I've fallen at is the "avatar must not be more than 35kb" :( , no way round that is there?, mine's is 275kb :urff: , fuckin' lovely it is to :twisted:
Ah - that sounds like an animated GIF. Nope, no way to cut that down to 35KB, I'm afraid.
User avatar
James Blast
Banned
Posts: 24739
Joined: 11 Jun 2003, 18:58
Location: back from some place else

lazarus corporation wrote:Ah - that sounds like an animated GIF. Nope, no way to cut that down to 35KB, I'm afraid.
Hmmmmm, mibies aye, mibies naw, I might be able to trim its size down in ImageReady
e-mail me with the image attached scotty
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
User avatar
Obviousman
Outside the Simian Flock
Posts: 7102
Joined: 22 Aug 2004, 12:14
Location: Soon over Babaluma
Contact:

Normally you should be able to get it to work, as long as the size (pixels&kB) is right. All the animated avatars are always GIFs IIRC.
Styles are a lie.

My Facebook/My Flickr
User avatar
scotty
Overbomber
Posts: 4880
Joined: 10 Jun 2005, 23:03
Location: Behind the Door.........

James Blast wrote:
lazarus corporation wrote:Ah - that sounds like an animated GIF. Nope, no way to cut that down to 35KB, I'm afraid.
Hmmmmm, mibies aye, mibies naw, I might be able to trim its size down in ImageReady
e-mail me with the image attached scotty
I dread to think what sabotage you could get up to with this avatar :eek: , could the three changing faces in the image (can you guess who it is yet? :lol: ) be replaced withe the "Amazing receding hair brothers"?, my mind is boggeling, but I'll take you up on your kind offer :notworthy: , just be gentle :twisted: :lol:

@ Zeno, the pixel size fits fine, it's the "KB" that's about 300 to big :evil: , it's a great shame, for it is indeed a thing of true beauty :twisted: :innocent:
Being brave is coming home at 2am half drunk, smelling of perfume, climbing into bed, slapping the wife on the arse and saying,"right fatty, you're next!!"
User avatar
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator
Posts: 16461
Joined: 25 Jan 2002, 00:00
Location: Lurking and fixing
Contact:

aye, animations are always gifs. you cant animate jpgs, and the phpBB software doesnt support swf files.

if you have the correct software (such as adobe imageready) you could trim out a few frames from the animation, reduce the colour depth, and maybe even resize it, then re-export it. that should reduce the filesize... :?:

blast will be able to help i'm sure - though if the animation is that large to start with who knows :? 8)
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
User avatar
Obviousman
Outside the Simian Flock
Posts: 7102
Joined: 22 Aug 2004, 12:14
Location: Soon over Babaluma
Contact:

scotty wrote:@ Zeno, the pixel size fits fine, it's the "KB" that's about 300 to big :evil: , it's a great shame, for it is indeed a thing of true beauty :twisted: :innocent:
:oops: Hadn't noticed this thread was already past the page I was replying too, the disadvantages of early morning posting :lol:
Styles are a lie.

My Facebook/My Flickr
User avatar
James Blast
Banned
Posts: 24739
Joined: 11 Jun 2003, 18:58
Location: back from some place else

Jeeziz! the file has 173 frames when it could probably get by on about 10.
"Pruning, pruning, pruning, I'm going pruning again" :twisted:
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
User avatar
James Blast
Banned
Posts: 24739
Joined: 11 Jun 2003, 18:58
Location: back from some place else

It was nice seeing bushman*pm's post tonight and being able to point him in this direction. You couldn't write a manual like this... or could ye? :| :) :D :lol:

I mean, it does the job, dunnit?
"And when you start to think about death, you start to think about what's after it. And then you start hoping there is a God. For me, it's a frightening thought to go nowhere".
~ Peter Steele
User avatar
Izzy HaveMercy
The Worlds Greatest Living Belgian
Posts: 8836
Joined: 29 Jan 2002, 00:00
Location: Long Dark Forties
Contact:

James Blast wrote:I mean, it does the job, dunnit?
If not, it surely has enough entertainment value! ;D

IZ.
.
.
For Greater Good - Ambient Music for the Masses...
.
.
User avatar
scotty
Overbomber
Posts: 4880
Joined: 10 Jun 2005, 23:03
Location: Behind the Door.........

How do I post a video from another site, I don't want to add a link straight to the "Not Safe For Work" site, just the wee video clip thingy?.
Being brave is coming home at 2am half drunk, smelling of perfume, climbing into bed, slapping the wife on the arse and saying,"right fatty, you're next!!"
User avatar
Obviousman
Outside the Simian Flock
Posts: 7102
Joined: 22 Aug 2004, 12:14
Location: Soon over Babaluma
Contact:

Can't do that here, only links. I know there are youtube-tags available for phpBB but think Quiffy doesn't have them installed (yet?)
Styles are a lie.

My Facebook/My Flickr
User avatar
scotty
Overbomber
Posts: 4880
Joined: 10 Jun 2005, 23:03
Location: Behind the Door.........

Obviousman wrote:Can't do that here, only links. I know there are youtube-tags available for phpBB but think Quiffy doesn't have them installed (yet?)
:( cheers Zeno 8)
Being brave is coming home at 2am half drunk, smelling of perfume, climbing into bed, slapping the wife on the arse and saying,"right fatty, you're next!!"
User avatar
Obviousman
Outside the Simian Flock
Posts: 7102
Joined: 22 Aug 2004, 12:14
Location: Soon over Babaluma
Contact:

No problem. :wink:

You could always do a subtle cough in Quiffy's direction, but I've no clue whether it'd be much trouble to install such a thing.
Styles are a lie.

My Facebook/My Flickr
User avatar
Big Si
School Bully
Posts: 6632
Joined: 19 Nov 2002, 00:00
Location: Glesga Central

Obviousman wrote:No problem. :wink:

You could always do a subtle cough in Quiffy's direction, but I've no clue whether it'd be much trouble to install such a thing.
Or copy Big Si :wink: ;D
Wyrd bið ful aræd...

mybelgiannemesis
User avatar
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator
Posts: 16461
Joined: 25 Jan 2002, 00:00
Location: Lurking and fixing
Contact:

i doubt it would be that to install, but i'd be wary of the potential for abuse :|

look how the recent pr0n spammer managed to add a stack of images to their post! that would be even worse if it were video :urff:

also, embedding a movie from another site into a page would make the page load slower - and when i'm browsing from work it wouldn't load at all because youtube is blocked there :urff:

sorry guys. for now a link to the movie will have to suffice... :|
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
User avatar
MadameButterfly
Mad Mental Bat
Posts: 6662
Joined: 12 Jul 2005, 09:29
Location: in my own galaxy

help me please! how do i copy an image already existing in photobucket and then copy it to my computer???? to then want to upload it on FB.

don't laugh i haven't done it in a while and my computer is refusing to copy the image and copy it to my desktop!

i'm a laptop user with windows so don't be too harsh on me please!
here we go again....
User avatar
Pista
Cureboi
Posts: 14876
Joined: 25 Jun 2006, 15:03
Location: Lost In A Forest
Contact:

NicoleSmth033 wrote:
08 Jul 2020, 08:49
You use the Image link so that we can see it or maybe you can use Imgur to post picture and its free to download LINKS TO CRAPPY GAMING SITES REMOVED
impressive necro :roll:
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
User avatar
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed
Posts: 8021
Joined: 24 Mar 2005, 00:01
Location: WhizzWorld
Contact:

can we no longer use the bbcode for strikethroughs?
FOR SPIGGY -PAINT IT #819FF7


#WeOnlyHateMancs
Post Reply